Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. remember when console gamers had a melt down over the xbone wanting to get rid of discs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Shaggar posted:

lol. remember when console gamers had a melt down

Yes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Got over 80 000 points in Super Tetris :woop:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im still playing monster hunter rise

it's still good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got a disc PS5 because it was the first one I managed to click checkout on but I don't expect to use it much (the disc drive)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

sat around today listening to a chud coworker from another team complain about RE: Village and in particular how the giant vampire lady was unrealistic. apparently lorewise the game is terrible and awful and has nothing to do with previous games. two hours of this

i dunno, i thought the game was all right and fairly popular.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

dioxazine posted:

sat around today listening to a chud coworker from another team complain about RE: Village and in particular how the giant vampire lady was unrealistic. apparently lorewise the game is terrible and awful and has nothing to do with previous games. two hours of this

i dunno, i thought the game was all right and fairly popular.

Yeah, Resident Evil lore, the last shining paragon of realism and consistency in digital narratives.

Really pissed they made a giant vampire ~~~WOMAN~~~. I want big man to punch boulders.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

I got a disc PS5 because it was the first one I managed to click checkout on but I don't expect to use it much (the disc drive)

yeah i got disc only because i want to be able to watch blu rays of the internet goes down and i can't access the plex server (because sometimes it's dumb, even tho it's ok the lan). i'm pretty sure i have all of my disc games on ps+ by now lol. i only have like 2 or 3 though. i don't plan on ever buying a ps5 game on disc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone is selling a diskette copy of Uuno Turhapuro muuttaa maalle at auction (huuto.net is like the Finnish equivalent of Ebay):

https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/commodore-64-uuno-turhapuro-muuttaa-maalle--levykepeli/544068305

It's at 1 170€ right now :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbFaLyufRjk&t=129s

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

still a little peeved that i lost my seamoth after grounding it on a shore while i went for a wander only to find on my return that it was now buried and inaccessible

got it back using the gravity gun. sadly when my prawn got stuck in an elevator, i was unable to dislodge it with the seamoth i built specially for the purpose after my first one sank several meters into the floor on my first attempt to coax out the prawn

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

sadly when my prawn got stuck in an elevator, i was unable to dislodge it with the seamoth

:wink:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

send in more seamoths

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

try to cram the cyclops in there

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
the below zero seatruck is even worse for getting stuck places once it’s got some carriages attached

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

the below zero seatruck is even worse for getting stuck places once it’s got some carriages attached

I got rid of them because I am already a bad seatrucker.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

thinking about hooking up the ol ps2 and playing through dark cloud 2 again

I am playing this game again, and have learned that I am very bad. Also curse this game's janky ps2 camera angles. :argh:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I am playing this game again, and have learned that I am very bad. Also curse this game's janky ps2 camera angles. :argh:

Cat Face Joe posted:

whoo wow uh this is uh this is a real chore

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

im still playing monster hunter rise

it's still good

me too

it is

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what's ur weapon? i do sword and shield. thinkin of trying insect glaive or maybe switch axe or charge blade. but every time i try IG i just wish i was playing sns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FPSCarol/status/1399921829813186564

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FADzuOIW-Tg

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
overwatch is fun and not at all toxic

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm going to play video games today, i swear. maybe even on company time! yeah!

just got to the kingdom management part of pathfinder: kingmaker and boy that was a slog. the old sycamore dungeon was absolutely horrible

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Achmed Jones posted:

what's ur weapon? i do sword and shield. thinkin of trying insect glaive or maybe switch axe or charge blade. but every time i try IG i just wish i was playing sns

i played lance for the first time in the series and i had fun with it, played all the way through the single player campaign with it.

then i went to hunting horn.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

FAR CRY 6 companion :3:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

weinies are great dog buds :3:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh hey, frostpunk is the epic free game this week. they also have the season pass for $20

I kept meaning to get it so this timed well. are the dlcs worth it? that wouldn't been too bad to get the whole game for 70% off

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I didn't really get it to frostpunk. It was ok, maybe it would have been interesting 10 years ago.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I liked it. I actually downloaded it again recently to give it another play. It's nothing super amazing but it's an alright time killer.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I really liked it. very simple, quite brief, and no replay value, but frankly it's so intentional about those things that they are all virtues.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTbJ6fWV2I

BREAKIN THE RULE!!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

overwatch is fun and not at all toxic

Moose Milkie posted:

eat poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(I still :lol: about that every now and then.)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(I still :lol: about that every now and then.)
same

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lmao:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This is still so good.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the perfect own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

i use the insect glaive because its switch skills let you stay in the air for a ridiculous amount of time