Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

saw 946 posts unread and :stare:

Have fun reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Sir_Phobos posted:

The villain I picked is Dela Delon from the Brandish series. That pic is from the ending of Brandish 2: The Planet Buster, but I guess she's only really a "villain" in the first game. I say "villain" in quotes because while she hates the protagonist, seeks revenge against him, and is the catalyst for the story, every encounter with her is a goofy, bumbling mess that's played for laughs. She constantly tries to kill the player character, but gets owned by every trap in the dungeon, which serves the purpose of teaching the player to be careful while exploring. She might be considered a cliché, comic-relief character, but I thought she was kind of endearing, anyway!

And yeah, I played Gitaroo Man again recently, and it definitely holds up. I love how brief the story bits between each stage are, they give you juuuuust enough context to barely grasp what's going on, then it's time to jam!!

thanks for this post - i had literally never heard of the Brandish series until just right now but they seem pretty rad after some very brief research

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ArfJason posted:

saw 946 posts unread and :stare:

do you want to do the image chart thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

free arf

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone got probated earlier today for making a “hundreds of new posts, what happen” post, why hasn’t arfjason been similarly punished?

e: well gently caress, nm, carry on team

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Someone got probated earlier today for making a “hundreds of new posts, what happen” post, why hasn’t arfjason been similarly punished?

he has

free arfjason btw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oddium posted:

free arf

limit 1 arf per customer

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jesus christ his rap sheet is 6 pages long.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's not the size that counts

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm just impressed is all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Draga posted:

I've never played it but the intro music is A+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVIj0nIM7fk
the reiko nagase intro is, a big part of it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Poor arf. Kind of hosed up.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Turns out there's a second attract video that plays if you leave Skies of Arcadia on the start screen for a few minutes. I never saw it before and it kinda blows my mind that it exists

Also I am sad this game never spawned a sequel or spin off :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Convex posted:

Turns out there's a second attract video that plays if you leave Skies of Arcadia on the start screen for a few minutes. I never saw it before and it kinda blows my mind that it exists

Keep watching the skies, and mayhaps our dreams will be answered out there across the wild blue yonder

:smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Truly cursed that Star Ocean got a remaster before Skies of Arcadia.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just got home and my son's fish is dead. The thing has been really sick for the past week and he was starting to look better but he died this afternoon. I think I'm more emotional about it than he is.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Sorry about your dead fish, make sure to cycle the tank before getting a new one! I miss my fishtank, but don't have room for a 55 gallon currently

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

free arf

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I did one of the about me things. I had trouble with two of the categories and the rest took me some thought.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

farf

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ArfJason posted:

easy, the best case is the final one in AA2.

good choice

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

oddium posted:

free arf

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
sigh, I'll make the qcs thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namco PS1 intros were the pinnacle of the craft

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks. This is just a little 5 gallon tank for a betta. We only had the guy a little over a month but he got a fungal infection and just couldn't recover no matter how hard we tried. I think he died of starvation since he hasn't eaten in days. Right now the kid doesn't know if he wants a new one or not and he might want to go filter less if so which is a whole lot more work.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the thread down.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

I just got home and my son's fish is dead. The thing has been really sick for the past week and he was starting to look better but he died this afternoon. I think I'm more emotional about it than he is.

I'm sorry :smith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Valkyria Chronicles for best protag is a good choice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That "sexy lady interlude" in the middle of this 90s-rear end rock song always makes me LOL

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Originally censored for the western release 😢

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hang in there!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ridge racer 4 is good because one of the team bosses is this french lady who clearly doesn’t give a poo poo about racing and keeps complaining about her impending arranged marriage

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all of the writing in that game is amazing, one of the writers on type 4 is the scenario writer for drakengard and nier, also

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What does a scenario writer do? Don’t just say “writes scenarios”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's essentially the Japanese term for writing the story.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

type 4 is just an incredible gestalt of a video game. the mechanics are amazing, still in the space where ridge racer was still an extremely abstract arcade racing game rather than a near-sim, but honed to perfection after 4 games. its the apex of the late psx era graphical aesthetic, the soundtrack is great, it has the best looking menus in video games, it has more characters and dialogue than perhaps you'd expect and its all fantastic. it is an extremely ambitious ridge racer game, that perfectly executes everything it sets out to

also it has the reiko nagase intro

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Arf getting probed for that is like capone getting slapped for tax evasion lol

Convex posted:

The weird thing to me is how that second attract vid basically spoils a ton of the game.

Still sad we don't have a remaster though. With Piastol as an optional party member.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hell yes, connected my Playstation to the stereo and recorded this song on a cassette so I could listen to it all the time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Thanks. This is just a little 5 gallon tank for a betta. We only had the guy a little over a month but he got a fungal infection and just couldn't recover no matter how hard we tried. I think he died of starvation since he hasn't eaten in days. Right now the kid doesn't know if he wants a new one or not and he might want to go filter less if so which is a whole lot more work.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the thread down.

Hey it's fine. Sorry about your pet. Losing a pet sucks. Personally, regardless of whether you decide to get another fish or not, definitely wait so that you don't end up getting a rebound pet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Looper posted:

hang in there!!

:yeah: