Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Following the events of 9/11, I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

axolotl farmer posted:

vinegar, dijon mustard, olive oil, dill, red onions, maybe capers too i you’re feeling fancy. skin-on tiny new potatoes, still warm, rougly chopped.
mmm boy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kenny Logins posted:

no mayo or egg to turn in the heat and food poison you

mayonnaise is not a source of food borne illness worth talking about. the idea that commercial mayo will make you sick at a summer picnic is a complete myth. i guess the sliced egg might be but it’s gonna take a fair bit of time.

in fact, most commercial mayos have sufficient acid to kill and prevent food borne pathogens from incubating.

it just looks gross because it dries out and melts and turns clear

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

mayonnaise is not a source of food borne illness worth talking about. the idea that commercial mayo will make you sick at a summer picnic is a complete myth. i guess the sliced egg might be but it’s gonna take a fair bit of time.
i was thinking more of the time a friend got hilariously sick off an unrefrigerated egg salad sandwich. also making the assumption most stock-standard potato salad has eggs sliced or crumbled into it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Mayonnaise isn't for eating, it's for fuckin'

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Mayonnaise isn't for eating, it's for fuckin'

it's bad for both of those things

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

qirex posted:

it's bad for both of those things
Don't be square, mon frere. Put some tang on your wang: dip your tip in Miracle Whip©

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Don't be square, mon frere. Put some tang on your wang: dip your tip in Miracle Whip©

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

german potato salad has dijon mustard and vinegar based dressing. and often has dill/pickles, cooked onions and/or bacon. it's a gamechanger

sub capers for bacon but yes. german potato salad is so loving good

President Beep posted:

that sounds loving bonkers. do want.

its zesty and delicious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kenny Logins posted:

i was thinking more of the time a friend got hilariously sick off an unrefrigerated egg salad sandwich.

to be fair, he did get super-intelligence for most of the episode

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I appreciate this post even though I will never appreciate mayo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

to be fair, he did get super-intelligence for most of the episode

:hfive:

i would have kept the worms :shrug:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

even though I will never appreciate mayo

i like it on certain sandwiches. i used it for depression grilled cheeses, it works just as fine as butter

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

graph posted:

i like it on certain sandwiches. i used it for depression grilled cheeses, it works just as fine as butter
Okay yeah but do you gently caress it?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Okay yeah but do you gently caress it?

i dont

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i really like the garbage kfc coleslaw

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

lmbo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Gentle Autist posted:

i really like the garbage kfc coleslaw

same

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i've had kfc once and it felt like i was eating a salt lick

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

graph posted:

occasionally better! the milk proteins in butter will sometimes burn before your sandwich is ready; mayo avoids this.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
of course i have the deer camp song by da yoopers stuck in my head. why the f would i not???

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

graph posted:

yeah kfc is decent, i agree

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

graph posted:

i felt like i'd eaten a block of lard and that probably wasn't inaccurate

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when we went camping back in the day we'd eat a Famous Bowl each and did not have to start cooking for twenty four hours. then you poo poo a cinder block and life is back to normal

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’ve heard of goons making GBS threads trains but this is something else!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Progressive JPEG posted:

i felt like i'd eaten a block of lard and that probably wasn't inaccurate

lard is delicious and that wasn't it

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

when we went camping back in the day we'd eat a Famous Bowl each and did not have to start cooking for twenty four hours. then you poo poo a cinder block and life is back to normal

this is the best life hack I've heard

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we used to spend spring break climbing in joshua tree every year. i dont recommend starting off your trip with cheese, crackers, high life, and yard-o-beef from the twentynine palms grocery store. things get real uncomfortable right around day 8

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/jon_snow_420/status/1255693983977594880?s=21

nostalgia was what the boomers indulged in. for me it's seeing just how poorly things age and why

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

for me it's seeing just how poorly things age and why
you can just turn your monitor off for that

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FMguru posted:

you can just turn your monitor off for that
but why

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

wrenched my lower back from picking up amd holding my kid while leaned over. gently caress. gently caress

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
have you tried lifting with ur legs op?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stringent posted:

have you tried lifting with ur legs op?
getting a crash course in that on pain of back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why do u have a back if you arent supposed to lift with it??