Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What does a scenario writer do? Don’t just say “writes scenarios”
in movie terms, its like a "story by" credit vs a screenplay credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Tekken 2 intro also owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dewgy posted:

God, I was so hooked on this game. I remember hitting a point where I zen'd out and was pretty much unstoppable, and the only reason I let the run end is it was over an hour long and I was getting tired.

Is it compatible with Bone/Series or is it one of the games totally locked to the 360?

No clue, haven't thought about it for ages. I was the same way though, it's really hard to lose if you don't want to lol

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Walla posted:

Thanks. This is just a little 5 gallon tank for a betta. We only had the guy a little over a month but he got a fungal infection and just couldn't recover no matter how hard we tried. I think he died of starvation since he hasn't eaten in days. Right now the kid doesn't know if he wants a new one or not and he might want to go filter less if so which is a whole lot more work.

Anyway, sorry for bringing the thread down.

Did they get the ick? Where the fish has white bits on it like it's salted.

It's probably preferable if you still use a filter as long as it isn't moving the water too much since bettas like still water

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Did they get the ick? Where the fish has white bits on it like it's salted.

It's probably preferable if you still use a filter as long as it isn't moving the water too much since bettas like still water

No, we checked. He had a large cotton ball like mass on his tail that ate it away. Every bit of research and everyone we talked to said it was likely fungal.

Sadly, it was entirely our fault. The tank it was in was practically designed to be inhospitable to betta and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. By then it was too late. The poor guy would have had a better chance of survival in a stagnant bowl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1400587141743353860?s=19

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anyway, enough about my son's fish. I think I'm going to play some Final Fantasy X-2 now that I'm reminded I own it. Or maybe Shining Force 3.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

:(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm happy to give Firaxis a shot on just about anything but if that's the main thing they've been working on for the last few years that's a real shame.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Who asked for this? Where's Terror from the Deep 2, where's the actually good new Civ, where's Pirates!2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

my sources are telling me they approached marvel because ironman runs were so popular

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
chimera squad wasn't bad so a marvel XCOM could work, I don't see a world where it's not bogged down by gaas nonsense and promotion-focused decisions though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i dont dislike the idea of superhero xcom, like pretty much every superhero team just flies around in skyrangers anyway, but "marvel xcom" specifically gives me a bad feeling. imagining chimera squad with less interesting characters

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

There's a point in my life that I'd be excited for Marvel XCOM but now I have absolutely no faith they won't gently caress it up

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Relax Or DIE posted:

chimera squad wasn't bad so a marvel XCOM could work, I don't see a world where it's not bogged down by gaas nonsense and promotion-focused decisions though

Yeah 2K is absolute poison for that poo poo right now. XCOM has managed to avoid it so far but IIRC Civ 6 is now a season based GAAS-lite. There's no way a Marvel one won't end up resembling one of the many Marvel phone gacha/scam games.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

This game looks pretty cool but uuuuuuugh early access :negative:

Basically a mix of Tower Defense plus Fire Emblem. Thinking about it's it's kind of wild that basically the entirety of the SRPG genre has been about small-scale fights and hasn't really explored a game where every attack is AoE and you're fighting hordes of enemies.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Now if it was an XCOM game based on Freedom Force, I'd be interested

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

i dont dislike the idea of superhero xcom, like pretty much every superhero team just flies around in skyrangers anyway, but "marvel xcom" specifically gives me a bad feeling. imagining chimera squad with less interesting characters

Isn't that kinda what Troubleshooter is?

But yeah, "marvel XCOM" sounds like another term for "Where is Tworrer from the deep"

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ah hell, I got iron man murdered by a sectoid or whatever because i hosed up his positioning.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Basically a mix of Tower Defense plus Fire Emblem. Thinking about it's it's kind of wild that basically the entirety of the SRPG genre has been about small-scale fights and hasn't really explored a game where every attack is AoE and you're fighting hordes of enemies.

Isn't that basically any Might & Magic inspired 4X game?

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

stev posted:

Yeah 2K is absolute poison for that poo poo right now. XCOM has managed to avoid it so far but IIRC Civ 6 is now a season based GAAS-lite. There's no way a Marvel one won't end up resembling one of the many Marvel phone gacha/scam games.

Been playing a bunch of civ 6 lately and I have no idea what that means - the latest dlc thing was sort of a season pass thing, where you bought a big thing up front and they added stuff throughout the year, but thats a real far stretch from GAAS.

That being said, I am completely with you in having zero faith in whatever Marvel XCOM is, and I would love to be proven wrong!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

How soon people have forgotten about Super Mario XCOM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AndresL_1997/status/1400495179514007552?s=20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay safe gamer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yuji naka works for stadia now, they saw the sales for balan and were very impressed

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Greg Miller presents Wonderlands, starring everyone's favorite Borderlands character Tiny Tina, originally created by Anthony Burch.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

homeless snail posted:

yuji naka works for stadia now, they saw the sales for balan and were very impressed

lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jay Rust posted:

Someone got probated earlier today for making a “hundreds of new posts, what happen” post, why hasn’t arfjason been similarly punished?

e: well gently caress, nm, carry on team

I was literally asleep during my sixer, so, lesson learned

honestly though, a thousand posts and the mods are salty someone asked for a brief summary?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

people are posting game grids, i think that's the only notable thing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This looks really cool, I dig it.

this *could* be good, and firaxis has been pretty good with the nu xcom, but I also have zero interest at all in Marvel so, I'm a bit salty.

e: there's 4 leaks in that article, and the last one is described as Cthulhu / saints row, that sounds dope

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 4, 2021

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Tried challenging myself to not have any repeat answers, but couldn't quite do it. These choices are subject to change depending on my mood.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think at one point "200 posts, what'd I miss" was common enough to be extremely annoying but idk if it still needs to be a rule tbh

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tidus gently caress yeah.

And that's kind of a poo poo rule.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
To be honest I'd be more interested in a Marvel X-COM if it were about SHIELD regulars having to do cleanup.

e: or if it were just the Howling Commandos

e2: though I also completely understand why they wouldn't do something along the lines of "licensed property, but you don't play as the famous licensed characters and instead just the nameless nobodies in the background you know nothing about"

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 4, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think the rule makes sense for probably all other threads but this one

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What you missed was, lots of posts, often about video games

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I do not skip posts in the chat thread because I am a Poster of Integrity

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I'm watching a twitch stream from this dude and it looks sick as gently caress

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
11 new posts what did I miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bump