Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

did people love xbc2? i thought people were largely critical of it since in a lot of ways it's kind of a big mess.

I liked it, it's a huge mess but also a fun mess

I didn't even mind the "what if gacha, but you can't spend any money on it even if you wanted to" mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my biggest issue with it is that it barely runs. huge active world that struggles to hit 25 fps and consists of half-loaded textures smeared in vaseline

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Hello Prey fans I just got past the whole looking glass thing, which was cool, I've been sent to Psychotropics and now all the enemies have turned blue and are basically impossible to defeat without them killing me first. Am I missing something or is it one of those games? It's really harshing my Prey buzz.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Switch Pro will fix it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Harrow posted:

I liked it, it's a huge mess but also a fun mess

I didn't even mind the "what if gacha, but you can't spend any money on it even if you wanted to" mechanics.

yeah i love it for being a big mess but i guess i didn't realize how overall popular it was

i liked torna too. i'm sure there will be a xbc3(or even better xbcx2) eventually and i hope they lean more on how fun it was to move around and explore in xbcx. also bring back the mechs but you get them a little earlier maybe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Some posters have grids that are 100% Japanese games, which is fine but, maybe play Hitman 2 (currently tied for GOAT)

I think Hitman 3 is maybe the most consistent of the three here is my tier list which does not have much thought put into it

i haven't played the hitman 2 dlc maps because they're £32?! but I thought I heard the New York one was a little rough. I'd like to try Haven Island though because I like any hitman map in a hotel/mansion type setting

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gta5 is getting too real.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah i love it for being a big mess but i guess i didn't realize how overall popular it was

i liked torna too. i'm sure there will be a xbc3(or even better xbcx2) eventually and i hope they lean more on how fun it was to move around and explore in xbcx. also bring back the mechs but you get them a little earlier maybe.

I never played Xenoblade X and I don't have my old Wii U anymore. I'll definitely give it a try if it ever gets ported to Switch, though. What I've heard about it sounds pretty fun.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Well, it took me a while but I finally finished my chart

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The hitman 2 silent assassin scarecrow scared me

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I ever got much farther into the KH series than the first game, but their dialogue never seems to have much substance. Just “hearts” and “light” and “darkness” and “the power of friendship” interchangeably for 30 hours.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You already did yours Cube.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Walla posted:

You already did yours Cube.

No, I don't think so.

Anyhow, go ahead and add my data to the GOAT calculations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

Hello Prey fans I just got past the whole looking glass thing, which was cool, I've been sent to Psychotropics and now all the enemies have turned blue and are basically impossible to defeat without them killing me first. Am I missing something or is it one of those games? It's really harshing my Prey buzz.

what weapons do you have?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

The Grumbles posted:

You can break the game in half basically by Taking the slow time neuromod, and then blowing dudes away with the shotgun or crowbar. It is definitely not one of those games.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 4, 2021

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Looper posted:

what weapons do you have?

Wrench, Gloo Gun, pistol, nerf gun, and the one that fires the green beam that makes them explode.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

they ruined it and i won't let anything silly like development timelines tell me otherwise

dark looper...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

boba noooo thats discord mark up lol

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Is Legends of Mana one of those games you'd have to play at an impresionable age, or is it worth checking out as a dusty old skeleton in the current socioeconomic landscape?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i've almost done that in both directions so many times

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only Mana game that I’ve beaten completely was Sword of Mana on GBA. The others I lose interest partway through I’m not sure why.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Is Legends of Mana one of those games you'd have to play at an impresionable age, or is it worth checking out as a dusty old skeleton in the current socioeconomic landscape?

It's always been interesting but flawed? Maybe I just wasn't impressionable enough.

But after every quest there's a cactus in your house who draws the wrong lesson from your adventure, little guy rules.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

here is my completely unbiased opinion: it is the best game ever made.

If you don't know there is a remaster of it coming out in a few weeks and it's definitely worth a look. It plays a lot like an old brawler, a la Streets of Rage, but with interesting RPG systems and a ton of fun and delightful characters that have some incredible dialogue. The environments look great and the music is absolutely phenomenal, composed by Yoko Shimomura of Kingdom Hearts and Xenoblade, two games also known for their music.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Palestine bundle is up: https://itch.io/b/902/indie-bundle-for-palestinian-aid

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

i haven't played the hitman 2 dlc maps because they're £32?! but I thought I heard the New York one was a little rough. I'd like to try Haven Island though because I like any hitman map in a hotel/mansion type setting

the island DLC map is def one of the best. Hitman 2 was so loving good.

I was really kind of disappointed with 3, which was basically 5 actual maps, the first one being kind of short and the others being wildly varying in quality and real estate.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

it is, for better or worse, one of the most unique and singular video games ever made

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I haven't played Legend Of Mana in a long time but I remember it just being super neat. Can't wait to try again with the remaster.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Grumbles posted:

At least since the PS1 era, Amano, the artist whose awesome illustrations were always on the discs and manuals to Final Fantasy game, isn't actually the character designer. They just commission promo artwork from him each game because he's this rad iconic Japanese artist.

I say we in the west should take a leaf outta that book and commission Tracey Emin to do the promo art for the next Call of Duty

They should at least let him design the characters fir a game if they won't make a game completely in his style. I want these long flowy people. Not regular humans with anime surgery

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

did people love xbc2? i thought people were largely critical of it since in a lot of ways it's kind of a big mess.

also because it was lesser than the pinnacle of the franchise, XBCX

I love it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I drive for a living. I log about 7 hours and 200 miles a day on a delivery route. I just have 2 questions.

Who the gently caress is Olivia Rodrigo and why is she crying about her boyfriend?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I missed 69 posts. Do we all still like video games?

How about Video Games?

Also I need to beat og FF7 tonight. Sephiroth sucks, imo.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Olivia Rodrigo owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Olivia Jaimes should do video game art, maybe even Final Fantasy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished Xenoblade 2, but I hated that game with a passion, it sucks so much and I don't understand why anyone likes it. Xenoblade 1, and Xenoblade X on the other hand I both loved and replay those games all the time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Olivia the other reigndeer won't let me play any of their heavy rain games

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

I finished Xenoblade 2, but I hated that game with a passion, it sucks so much and I don't understand why anyone likes it. Xenoblade 1, and Xenoblade X on the other hand I both loved and replay those games all the time.

Some of the characters are cool and some of the gameplay ideas are cool imo, but it was pretty middle of the road mediocre to me overall.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

bovis posted:

Olivia Rodrigo owns

All I know about her is she's making money calling out her ex for being a dick. That does own.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Olivia Rodrigo is indeed good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Actually it’s good. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Xenoblade X is the one you should play.