Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Bucks vs Death Duo 48 59.26%
Cage and Boy vs Private Party 12 14.81%
Velvet vs Bunny 8 9.88%
Mr. Freakbeast vs The Natural in a Bullrope Match 13 16.05%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1401014617871196165

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 6/4 via FWOnline.com

quote:

As the Bucks made their entrance, it was revealed that they attacked Rey Fénix earlier today.

The Bucks were joined by the Good Brothers, Michael Nakaazawa, Brandon Cutler, and Don Callis. Before the match, Frankie Kazarian attacked the Bucks' entourage, forcing them to chase him off. Callis then joined commentary.

Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) defeated PAC & Penta El Zero Miedo

PAC and Penta immediately landed dives on the Bucks. Back in the ring, the match officially started, with PAC facing off with Matt. Penta tagged in and cradled Matt, forcing Nick to run into the ring and break it up. Nick dragged his brother into the corner and tagged himself in but ran headfirst into a thrust kick before Matt did the same. PAC kept up the assault with a powerbomb for two.

Matt escaped to the floor and hid behind Cutler, allowing Nick to surprise PAC with a soccer kick. The Bucks, now with the match under control, taunted their opponents with some cocky offense. PAC popped up and leveled Matt with a lariat, but Nick prevented the tag with an apron moonsault, allowing Matt to take PAC down with a spear.

PAC made a comeback by avoiding a corner attack and hitting Matt with a German suplex. He reached Penta for the hot tag, who ran wild on both Bucks with sling blades before a lungblower senton combination. Penta hit a pumphandle driver for two. PAC tagged in and hit repeated heel kicks and a pop-up powerbomb on Matt for two.

Penta tagged back in with his diving dropkick to the groin. Nick tagged in with a springboard but ran into double thrust kicks. PAC and Penta went for the Lucha Bros' tag finisher, but Nick fought out before being taken down with a destroyer. PAC and Matt fought on the apron before being joined by their partners, where Penta crushed Matt with a package piledriver and Nick took out PAC with a suplex.

Nick and Penta faced off in the center of the ring. Nick poked the official in the eye and pulled off Penta's mask, but Penta had a second mask on underneath. He took down Nick before PAC hit the Black Arrow for a nice near fall. With the official distracted, Cutler hit PAC with the camera and Nick rolled him up for the win.

– After the match, the Bucks continued to attack PAC and Penta. Eddie Kingston ran out to make the save.

Mark Henry speaks and Andrade El Idolo arrives

Tony Schiavone introduced "The World's Strongest Man" Henry.

Henry said he's not here to fix AEW, because AEW's not broken. He's here to "turn the screws." Schiavone asked if Henry would get back in the ring. Henry said he's not gonna say "yes" right now, but he's "got a lot left in the tank."

Vickie Guerrero interrupted with her "excuse me" schtick. She told Henry and Schiavone to leave. She brought out Andrade El Idolo, and the boos turned to cheers.

Andrade thanked Vickie and said he used to say he was the face of Latinos. But today, he's saying he'll be the new face of All Elite Wrestling.

QT Marshall & Anthony Ogogo (w/ Aaron Solow) defeated Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson (w/ Arn Anderson)

Johnson and Marshall faced off to start. Marshall washed Johnson's face, so Johnson slapped Marshall, tagged in Cody for some quick offense, then tagged back in and hit a dropkick. Ogogo tagged in and demanded Cody meet him. He took Cody down with an overhead suplex before tagging in Marshall, but Cody took Marshall down with a flatliner.

Cody tagged Johnson in who hit clotheslines, a neckbreaker, and a kip-up. He skinned the cat and took Marshall down to the floor with a headscissors but was cut off with a rising knee from Ogogo. Ogogo and Marshall beat down Johnson throughout a commercial break.

Back from break, Johnson reached Cody for the hot tag. Cody ran wild on Marshall with a releaase suplex and the ten punches in the corner. He took out Ogogo with a Disaster Kick and kept up the attack with a snap powerslam on Marshall. Cody slapped on the Figure Four, but Ogogo broke it up with a frog splash.

Marshall hit the Diamond Cutter on Cody, but Cody kicked out. Johnson was supposed to break up the pin with a dive but was late. Ogogo clotheslined Johnson out of the ring as Cody and Marshall traded right hands. Aaron Solow ran out and distracted the official as Ogogo knocked out Cody with a strong right hand. Marshall covered Cody for the win.

– Marshall grabbed a microphone and said he shocked the world.

A video recapped The Pinnacle vs. the Inner Circle from Stadium Stampede.

Inner Circle celebration

Jericho introduced the 2021 Stadium Stampede champions, the Inner Circle. They all were wearing matching T-shirts and vests before Jericho revealed that everyone in the audience also had a T-shirt under their chairs. He then gave Guevara a chance to speak, calling him the "hero of Stadium Stampede."

Guevara loved ending the match with a 630 onto "that idiot Shawn Spears." He used to do that move off his mom's roof. He thanked everyone and said he loved them.

Santana said it was the greatest moment in their careers. He wondered what they truly accomplished, because they still have to see the Pinnacle in the hallways and they can still compete. He said FTR tried to end their careers, so no, this Pinnacle stuff is far from over.

Hager said the Pinnacle doesn't get to say when the fight is over. He said he'd take them out again and again before challenging Wardlow to an MMA cage fight.

Jericho said that this war isn't over. When he thinks about the Pinnacle, and MJF in particular, it pisses him off. He said it was personal with MJF because of how much Blood & Guts haunts him, and he must settle the score. Everything they've done so far wasn't enough. Until he can ruin MJF's career and life like MJF tried to ruin his, this will never be over. He is going to beat MJF. The Inner Circle never forgives and never forgets.

Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends cut a video promo where Chuck and Trent called out Kenny Omega and called him a cheater for his actions at Double or Nothing. Orange said "if you think this is over, it's not."

Kenny Omega and Don Callis were asked about being accused of cheating. Callis said that instead people should be talking about the conspiracy to screw Omega out of the title. Omega was then asked about his upcoming Jungle Boy defense. Omega said there's a big difference between a Jungle Boy and a Jungle Man. He said he loves Jungle Boy's music, then he and Callis started singing it, leading to the next segment.

Jungle Boy & Christian Cage defeated Private Party (Isiah Kassidy & Marq Quen) (w/ Matt Hardy)

Kassidy and Jungle Boy started. Christian and Quen quickly tagged in, with Christian taking Quen down with a flapjack before a double hip toss got a quick one count. Jungle Boy fought off both of Private Party with a double springboard arm drag. Private Party regrouped on the floor, avoided a tope from Jungle Boy, and cut him off by grabbing his leg on another dive.

Private Party took turns attacking Jungle Boy, but he fought them both off and tagged in Christian, who took out Kassidy with a running forearm. Hardy distracted the official, allowing Private Party to double team Christian, leading to the commercial break.

Once back, Private Party continued to beat down Christian before mocking his five-second pose. Jungle Boy finally made his way back to the apron, but Kassidy sent him back to the floor. Private Party mocked Christian with another five-second pose, allowing Christian to hit double reverse DDTs and tag in Jungle Boy.

Jungle Boy ran wild on Private Party, eventually landing a rebound lariat on Quen and a brainbuster for two. He dispatched Kassidy and floated in for a DDT for another two. Jungle Boy went for the Snare Trap, but Kassidy ran in and broke it up, so Christian ran interference. With the official distracted, Kassidy poked Jungle Boy's eyes and Quen rolled him up with a handful of tights for a near fall.

Private Party went for Gin 'n' Juice, but Christian broke it up before Jungle Boy locked Quen in the Snare Trap for the submission victory.

– After the match, Hardy hit a Twist of Fate on Christian on the ramp.

A video promo aired with Taz saying Hangman Page got lucky in his match against Brian Cage. Next week, Page will team up with a Dark Order member to take on Cage and Powerhouse Hobbs.

Schiavone introduced Darby Allin and Sting. He congratulated them on their win. Sting said he's had many incredible experiences in wrestling, but Double or Nothing will be a night that he never forgets. It stands up to anything he's ever done in this business. He thanked the fans for the "you still got it" chants, but Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page interrupted on the video board.

Sky said Sting was remarkable on Sunday, and Page said if Sting hadn't been there to save the day after Allin was tossed over the barricade, he might still be laying there. All Page sees is a "spineless, co-dependent b*tch." They challenged Allin to find anyone other than Sting to fight them.

Britt Baker AEW Women's Championship celebration

Nyla Rose, along with a lot of low-card wrestlers, were out there to "celebrate."

Baker said everyone had coupons for free Big Macs under their chairs, but it was a ruse – she had them. Baker said when she's on the screen, viewers can't look away. She repeated "D.M.D." before inviting Schiavone and Rebel to have a burger.

Rose knocked the burgers out of their hands and popped balloons.

Eddie Kingston was about to be interviewed about saving PAC and Penta, but they interrupted, saying they didn't want Kingston's help. Kingston said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Red Velvet defeated The Bunny (w/ The Blade)

This was set up on AEW Dark: Elevation. Bunny tried to attack before the bell, but Velvet had it scouted and hit a standing moonsault for two right away. Velvet hit a scary tope suicida where she very nearly landed on her head, but she popped up and covered for another two.

Velvet climed the ropes, but Bunny cut her off with a couple thrust kicks. A corner lariat followed before moving to commercial. Once back, Velvet Made a comeback with a pump kick and a rising knee strike before a botched bulldog got two. She went for Just Desserts, but Bunny fought out.

Big Swole and KiLynn King distracted the official while Blade slipped Allie the brass knuckles, but Velvet hit Just Desserts for the win.

The Dark Order were backstage. It's John Silver's birthday, but he's not just hungie for cake, he's hungie for gold. Unfortunately, he's not cleared, so he gave his gift – a TNT title shot – to Evil Uno.

Miro thanked God for his power and shouted out his wife for being hot. He said it doesn't make sense for Evil Uno to challenge for the title because Miro's bigger, faster, and stronger. This will be a teachable lesson for the rest of the locker room, to only come after Miro when they're sure they can survive.

Next week's Dynamite lineup:

TNT Championship: Miro (c) vs. Evil Uno
Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. PAC, Penta El Zero Miedo, & Eddie Kingston
Hangman Page & Preston "10" Vance vs. Team Taz (Brian Cage & Powerhouse Hobbs)

In three weeks (June 26):

AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jungle Boy

Bullrope match: Dustin Rhodes defeated Nick Comoroto (w/ Aaron Solow)

Dustin and Comoroto charged at each other right away. Comoroto pressed Dustin over his head and tossed him into the ring. They paused to strap on the bullrope before the match was officially underway. Dustin used the rope to hit Comoroto low, but Comoroto came back and choked Dustin with it. Dustin used the cowbell to fight out.

Both men spilled to the floor on a clothesline attempt, where Dustin choked Comoroto with the rope. Comoroto fought out and shoved Fuego Del Sol out of the way, so Fuego hopped on Comoroto's back. Comoroto dispatched him and Solow attacked Dustin, but the camera missed it. Comoroto was busted open.

Dustin used his experience with the rope to pull Comoroto into the ring post, but Comoroto powered back by dropping Dustin onto the apron into a late commercial (only about seven minutes left in the show.)

Once back, Dustin and Comoroto were fighting on the apron as Solow set up a table at ringside. Dustin used the rope to take Comoroto down, but Comoroto avoided a kick and powerbombed Dustin through the table. He rolled Dustin into the ring but only got two on the pin attempt.

Solow tried to get involved again, but Colten Gunn ran in and took him out. Dustin hit the Final Reckoning on the cowbell, but Comoroto kicked out at one. Dustin low blowed Comoroto and tried to take him down with clotheslines, but Comoroto wouldn't go down until a corner flapjack and another bullrope shot. Dustin hit a diving bulldog and tied Comoroto in the bullrope for the pin.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1401024211318149121

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1401025613247434762

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1401026195492421639

News
Andrade is All Elite
Urbina was fired for mocking Shida's accent
Mark Henry may wrestle again!

But most importantly: ZICKY DICE IN THE CROWD?!?!?

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK
THE BUCKS AND CUTLER VS THE KING, PAC AND PENTA
UNO VS MIRO
HANGMAN AND 10 VS TEAM TAZ

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA
Shida Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuvPtwg5kin3AO1pGNf_5Q
AEW Games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXZbDPErhWzErj0iKy_Qrw

Your first NBA Champion BTE Champion: Horace Grant

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fifth TNT Champion:
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1392661909233602560

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Fourth AEW Women's World Champion:
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1401018990756089861

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to go to TNA

Eat My Fuc posted:

Remember when the Acclaimed came out and rapped "Young Cucks you can't beat us you're laughable, Trump really won we gotta storm the capital". Disgusting.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hey everyone I made a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Hell yeah face Britt Baker!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

I think Nyla was the face in that segment.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Uno is going to die, but I hope he gets some got hits in at least.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

Nyla Rose destroyed a symbol of Dr. Baker's bait and switch heel antics where she got a bunch of burgers and proceeded to be a dick about them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nyla Rose turned face, so I guess El Idolo (a viscous vixen) is also face.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

what in the world

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My favorite part of the show was Sky and Page calling haxx on Darby's 62 year old wrestledad.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MassRafTer posted:

I think Nyla was the face in that segment.

Impossible. The thread last week fought at length that Britt was the true babyface and her winning the belt was the turn.

Did someone lie? On the internet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

Impossible. The thread last week fought at length that Britt was the true babyface and her winning the belt was the turn.

oh lmao i get it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

El Idolo (a viscous vixen)

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
evil uno will be... evil dead!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Sid Viscous.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1401019140840820741

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

I am very sick please do not play mind games with me after using all of my energy to create the artistic, creative, visionary AEW Discusion OPs we all love and adore.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really enjoyed that show. It was made more fun that my wife and daughter watched it with me.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That Andrade debut was such a poorly executed version of an already bad idea. Why in the world would you have a tired gimmick from ten years ago introduce the top free agent in wrestling? And on top of that he has no music and the crowd is pretty dead. Should have been at the PPV and they should have rolled out the brinks truck for Zelina.

Rest of the show was pretty lackluster too so not a Dynamite I enjoyed at all. I was especially hoping for more out of the main event.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish i would have known who all was watching at the time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it was a very "fine" C+ Dynamite, very uneven but good high points and fun surprises

I've never even gotten close to bored enough to tune out of their show

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
o cool i have the same birthday as john silver, which is weird because thats also my name and he works for the same company i do

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My dad is only vaguely aware of what goes on in wrestling but remembers Samoa Joe being an ROH guy when they brought in Bruno Sammartino so now he wants to know if AEW is signing Joe even though he isn't interested in AEW.

He's never seen Joe in ROH, he may have seen him flipping channels on TNA.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Promote the Wardlow vs. Hager match as a shoot, call it the Brawl for All Elite and see if you can make Jim Cornette literally burst into flames.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So Moxley's indefinite absence is for paternity duty, right? :kimchi:

Also that Andrade debut was Real Bad but him in AEW is pretty sweet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i want a vignette of Hager doing a bunch of different crotch strikes on a training dummy

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
the thing is, even the least good dynamites are meh at worst, they're never actively bad. they're not faith-crushing explorations of extreme visual masochism like some other companies i know

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So Moxley's indefinite absence is for paternity duty, right? :kimchi:

Mox strolling up to the bassinet with his rolling shoulder gait to change a dirty didie

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy poo poo big shotty seemingly rag doll tossed onto QT :stonk:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I feel like I'm on a different wavelength re: the last match than most of the thread, I thought there were large portions of the match where Comoroto looked lost, maybe I just thought he posed too much?

I've had a problem with his mannerisms before, so I'm willing to admit i just might be crazy

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

...and they should have rolled out the brinks truck for Zelina.

Just because they were a good act before doesn't mean they need to be joined at the hip for life. Maybe Andrade will be just fine in a company that actually plays to performer's strengths and doesn't base their position on the card entirely on what accent they have/don't have.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Taxman posted:

I feel like I'm on a different wavelength re: the last match than most of the thread, I thought there were large portions of the match where Comoroto looked lost, maybe I just thought he posed too much?

I've had a problem with his mannerisms before, so I'm willing to admit i just might be crazy

The only times I thought either guy looked lost was a few hang ups on the bullrope.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also can i just say i'm shocked red velvet is still alive, let alone that she wrestled the entire match completely fine after doing a tope directly onto her forehead to the floor

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Taxman posted:

My issues are more with the feud than the match, but I'll also give a pass to a newer wrestler struggling a little bit in "goofy gimmick wrestling match that happens once a year." Its not something you're going to really train for.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

Mox strolling up to the bassinet with his rolling shoulder gait to change a dirty didie

This mental image gave me a legit laugh when I really needed one, thank you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY poo poo ANDRADE WHAT :stare:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Taxman posted:

You're not crazy. Life is full of lots of different interpretations. Variety is the spice of life. I sometimes think these threads can be a bit all hate/all love sometimes but one thing that's pretty cool around here is multiple opinions are allowed to take place :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

red velvet became a ghost after landing on her face. wrestler gohst

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

also can i just say i'm shocked red velvet is still alive, let alone that she wrestled the entire match completely fine after doing a tope directly onto her forehead to the floor

She didn't she rotated and landed on her back.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

HOLY poo poo ANDRADE WHAT :stare:

It was the most :geno: debut they possibly could've given him tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

She didn't she rotated and landed on her back.

they didn't show a replay and i didn't look for gifs of it on twitter so i was only going on my initial impression of the spot which was "oh no she's dead"