Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

yeah to charge it boom roasted

i laughed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

yeah t
o char
ge it
boom r
oasted

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

cursed

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wait people actually voluntarily use 12 hour time?
jesus loving christ
why would i read two extra characters to figure out if its past noon or not when i can just do the very basic maths of taking away 12 if its over that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hbag posted:

jesus loving christ
why would i read two extra characters to figure out if its past noon or not when i can just do the very basic maths of taking away 12 if its over that

people also voluntarily read your posts

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag posted:

jesus loving christ

america won’t do anything that might have been a good idea someone else had. unless there is money to be made. and they will also do very bad things forever if it enriches someone somewhere financially

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Gentle Autist posted:

america won’t do anything that might have been a good idea someone else had. unless there is money to be made. and they will also do very bad things forever if it enriches someone somewhere financially

all americans are the most maximally stupid "people" on earth. you should never treat an american like a human being, only bully and harass them until they shut up forever and go away

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

jesus loving christ

i just look outside

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the Russians used a window

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the Russians used a window

da

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

carry on then posted:

all americans are the most maximally stupid "people" on earth. you should never treat an american like a human being, only bully and harass them until they shut up forever and go away

i like lots of american people op. this seems a little extreme tbh

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i have a big analog wall clock that i wind every week. its chimes are very loud and it'd be pretty bad if it chimed 24 times right when i had fallen asleep (the 12 chimes are already a bit much really).

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

carry on then posted:

sorry, we're too busy protecting the free world to partake in your dainty explorations of art and culture :fsmug:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i have a big analog wall clock that i wind every week. its chimes are very loud and it'd be pretty bad if it chimed 24 times right when i had fallen asleep (the 12 chimes are already a bit much really).

lol my folks have a 7ft grandfather clock heirloom / hand-down in the front room, it chimes every quarter hour all 24hours (and rings off the hours by count). You soon stop noticing it, but I bet it'd be hell for guests.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
the correct date and time formats are lexicographically sortable

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

as a recent convert i can attest to 24 hour time being good

however gently caress week numbers and gently caress starting the week on sundays instead of mondays on calendars

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RustyKnight posted:

as always, an american is wrong and too lazy to use standard that is used worldwide, Oh yes I want 1 gobbledonk of milk, it's 32.12312 of badonkadonks

years ago one of our bossmasters made an offhand comment about people being late to meetings so one of our well-meaning but colossal dipshit program managers took it on himself to spend 40 kilobucks on a bunch of clocks that sync to a nts server that itself syncs to gps time with a receiver. half the clocks are regular rear end twelve hour faces but half are those hosed up 24-hour timecube clocks and it fucks me up when i glance at one from far enough away that i can see the position of the hands but not immediately make out the numbers.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

40000 $ for clocks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

40000 $ for clocks

it was the dumbest thing, top to bottom.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
12 hour time is good, if i say meet for dinner at 6 and you dont know which 6 im talking about its probably best we dont have dinner together

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

who the gently caress has clocks in their office

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

who the gently caress has clocks in their office

the clock company, clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich