Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Can they make the utena game based on a series of video games that don't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

utena racing lagoon

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Utena should be a visual novel/sekiro.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Hellish Quart utena mod

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Gaius Marius posted:

Umitena When They Cry

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
thanks i really needed the reminder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rinkles posted:

thanks i really needed the reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Edit: I could make a joke about how millennials could easily build wealth but, well...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its fine, I'll have no heirs and by the time I die everyone I hold dear will be gone so they can just roll me into any hole

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you're over 30 and you dont know where all the secret warp pipes to get to the rooms full of coins are, i'm sorry for you

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

homeless snail posted:

if you're over 30 and you dont know where all the secret warp pipes to get to the rooms full of coins are, i'm sorry for you

I found the pain rooms, but sadly have only come across a coin room once.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I gave myself a burst of anxiety by posting the sonic drowning theme

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

homeless snail posted:

Hold on wait someone's gotta tell me I've only got a few years left to figure out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

metaphorically collecting 50 rings but allegorically hitting some spikes and figuratively dropping them all before you can enter the special stage

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

knuckles' chaotix has an aesthetic and i am 1000% here for it, this game is fantastic

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is 90s as hell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those certainly are colours

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i was about to say “needs more memphis” then i saw the exit and play signs :thumbsup:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Acerbatus posted:

Good things about xenoblade 2:

-pyra is cute
-so is mythra
-kinda interesting to play but also pretty badly explained

Probably more but thats what I've got so far

How could you forget about Mórag and her wife?

Looper posted:

knuckles' chaotix has an aesthetic and i am 1000% here for it, this game is fantastic

Game has a good aesthetic. Too bad about everything else.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Okay yes you're absolutely right. I was trying to think a sword-duel focused game and forgot about Sekiro, which is the obvious choice in retrospect.

My other choice was Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but I went with NMH because the "chore phase" of that game is a bit like how Utena spends a lot of episodes just doing random bullshit until she's challenged.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ometeotl posted:

Does Knuckles Chaotix even have enemies?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

surprising bit of fallout from the capcom leak: a designer and photographer named judy juracek found out that they stole a ton of textures from her 1996 book “surfaces” to use in re4 and dmc

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

surprising bit of fallout from the capcom leak: a designer and photographer named judy juracek found out that they stole a ton of textures from her 1996 book “surfaces” to use in re4 and dmc

https://www.polygon.com/22519568/resident-evil-4-copyright-infringement-lawsuit-capcom

This seems to be a trend with Capcom stealing other artists work for their games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zil posted:

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Arzaac posted:

The game design

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

no way! okay maybe if you were playing co-op with an actual human it'd be a nightmare, but the high momentum rubber-bandy gimmick makes zipping through stages a blast solo, i've had a ton of fun messing around with it

Arzaac posted:

yeah there are plenty of regular enemies. if your partner takes a hit then they only drop one ring which is nice, and there's a powerup monitor that causes you to drop one super ring containing everything on your next hit

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Just finished ending E on Nier Automata. What a game. I went ahead and nuked my data even though I still had achievements to get. I'll probably go back through again at some point but my interest in a game plummets after seeing ending(s).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

sharrrk posted:

im not going to fill out the chart but the best game is Sonic Adventure 2
Only if it's dubbed by SnapCube :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMC0uZY2iH0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Just finished ending E on Nier Automata. What a game. I went ahead and nuked my data even though I still had achievements to get. I'll probably go back through again at some point but my interest in a game plummets after seeing ending(s).

Shaking my head you didn't just buy the achievements, thw single best feature in the game and its funniest joke

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a shame we never got Sonic Crackers

Zil posted:

This seems appropriate to the thread

https://i.imgur.com/x5Scr8k.mp4

God drat this is mood af

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
About the Prey shotgun location entrance: I'm pretty sure you can just jump on pipes and go into a vent or something, above the security room door and get in that way? I could be totally wrong.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Barudak posted:

Shaking my head you didn't just buy the achievements, thw single best feature in the game and its funniest joke

Ah dang, I forgot I was supposed to check in with her, lol. Oh well I 'll get back to it eventually

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Barudak posted:

I feel like the Romeo and Juliet play was the funniest joke but it’s probably tied closely with letting you use ingame currently to buy achievements and having the achievement for having a lot of gold buyable for the amount you need for the achievement.

Man, I’m really eager to beat Automata again, it’s so stupid in a deliberately bizzare black comedy way.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

999 type Utena game but you're locked in a room with Saionji talking about how super straight he is and how he totally hates Touga and you have to find a way out.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nier Replicant is full of absolutely hilarious black comedy and my favorite moment is something I never see anyone talk about. Spoilers for the first three hours of the game, Junkyard dungeon

Two starving kids ask you to go find them some materials to sell since their mom went scavenging and never came back. It's another menial task in a game of menial tasks, and Nier says as much. He says how nice it would be to be able to fast travel out of the dungeon once you find the items, and Weiss tells him there is actual teleportation magic, but it always results in the mage telefragging themself and so you should never attempt it.

You walk all the way back to the kids and they just outright ask you to find their mom this time since this was only a temporary solution to their starvation. You go through the exact same dungeon again, but this time into the deeper levels and fight a huge boss, but only after a conversation about how there's no way this woman is still alive - she's been missing in the dungeon for a week, after all. After winning the fight, you find the mom dead on the floor with another man, and as soon as you see them the game's most dour music starts playing. They have flowers and a stash of money. Weiss surmises based on their belongings that she and the man were planning on running away together and leaving the kids behind, but were killed in the process. Nier realizes he's gonna have to tell these kids what happened, but Weiss says he could always lie about it. Nier says, "Augh, I'm gonna need some time to think about this one."

The screen fades to black and then you teleport directly in front of the kids and have to give your answer immediately

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which one of you went and became a sonic oc vtuber

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nothing personnel kid.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Time to get Angy

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Zonic Thedgehog

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

So like, two days late but work was busy enough this week that I didn't have much time for anything but pithy drive by shitposts.

Danganronpa 2 Chapter 2!

Super loving glad that after expressing how tedious I found the Mikan fanservice that the game dialled it back.
Then gave several long swooping shots of the the female cast in bikinis. Ugh.

Maxed out the report card for Chiaki, she's still best girl and must be protected at all costs.

I'm not sure how I feel about the murder in this chapter. It sucks that ------Mahiru ------- bit it because I was going to build up the relationship meter with them, they seemed interesting. WELP TOO LATE.
Maybe I'll swing over to befriending Nagito, I want to see how deep his crazy runs

I had to laugh when it looked like this was going to swing straight back into "actually, it was a teenage serial killer" given how utterly ridiculous that got in the first game, and I suppose it actually turning out to "just" be a emotionless 100% loyal Yakuza swordswoman bodyguard is...uh......actually that's about as batshit insane too. I think enjoying the storytelling in these games requires a certain level of buy in on the part of the player because none of this is grounded in any sort of reality. That doesn't make it bad, and I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I could see how that could be offputting for someone. Fuyuhiko getting caught up in the punishment was an interesting twist, interested to see what happens when/if he returns later - hopefully he'll have grown a personality beyond telling people to gently caress off.

I really enjoyed the fake Japanese adventure/horror game, little touches in there like the heartbeat meter felt great.

In terms of trial mechanics, I don't think I ever would have picked "Jeff Minter snowboard tube racer" as a mechanic but it's pretty enjoyable!

Best Girl: Chiaki
Worst Girl: Still Mikan, but Hiyoko is aggravating me more as time goes on too.

Best Guy: Nekomaru's still my man, though it feels like he didn't get a ton to do this chapter. I'd say I hope there's more focus on him soon but in Danganronpa that tends to be, uh, fatal.
Worst Guy: Kazuichi's "let's sexually harrass the women" attitude is wearing mighty thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nier Replicant is full of absolutely hilarious black comedy and my favorite moment is something I never see anyone talk about. Spoilers for the first three hours of the game, Junkyard dungeon

Two starving kids ask you to go find them some materials to sell since their mom went scavenging and never came back. It's another menial task in a game of menial tasks, and Nier says as much. He says how nice it would be to be able to fast travel out of the dungeon once you find the items, and Weiss tells him there is actual teleportation magic, but it always results in the mage telefragging themself and so you should never attempt it.

You walk all the way back to the kids and they just outright ask you to find their mom this time since this was only a temporary solution to their starvation. You go through the exact same dungeon again, but this time into the deeper levels and fight a huge boss, but only after a conversation about how there's no way this woman is still alive - she's been missing in the dungeon for a week, after all. After winning the fight, you find the mom dead on the floor with another man, and as soon as you see them the game's most dour music starts playing. They have flowers and a stash of money. Weiss surmises based on their belongings that she and the man were planning on running away together and leaving the kids behind, but were killed in the process. Nier realizes he's gonna have to tell these kids what happened, but Weiss says he could always lie about it. Nier says, "Augh, I'm gonna need some time to think about this one."

The screen fades to black and then you teleport directly in front of the kids and have to give your answer immediately

You don’t see this mentioned a lot because a one way elevator to the surface literally just behind their corpses. The post-minecart section of Junk Heap is a one way round trip. Most people pick up on that