Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Posted this in GenChat thinking I was in the horror thread so cross post

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think my most recent short might accidentally be a bit homo-erotic

homonecrotic?

It's actually perfectlly normal because in order to bend a draugr to your will you need to lick off his necrofoam (mostly made of poop) and then wet his mouth with blood from your left toe. Nothing sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

post the short coward

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When it's done I will but I literally finished shooting 3 hours ago and haven't even synced the sound yet.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Or watch Death Machine instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2DkxXbQ1Y

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

8 track hoarder
May 28, 2021

Drunkboxer posted:

I remember I liking it alright but it didn’t stay with me as much as other movies that cover the same material like The Hallow.

heard about Hole in the Ground while doing a final project this year and was intrigued by the trailer, then decided to watch The Hallow instead.

In the end I felt like the first 45 minutes of the film should have been better paced so that content could've taken up majority of the story and created more tensions. however the visuals were fantastic and the concept was not something I'd seen before and well executed. I just think the story took a weird turn and I felt like the characters were not fully developed and then just thrown onto set pieces... thinking I might give Hole in the Ground a shot, too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kvlt! posted:

yah its got lemmy

and Iggy

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Death Machine is insanely loving good. For years I thought it was a horrible movie because like 20 years ago I saw the 86 minute version of it and it was some seriously barely coherent crap. I saw the longest cut of it for the first time a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
It looks like Death Machine is on the menu then.

I am honor-bound to give anything with Brad Dourif in it atleast one spin.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Red Krokodil. Good SFX. Cool setting.

Makes me wicked grateful im alive and sober. If you struggle with drugs might wanna skip it but its gross as hell and the post-apocalyptic wasteland paranoia it captures is really interesting and unique.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kvlt! posted:

post the short coward

just starting to piece together the first rough pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqlKEBEHX8

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spiral sure is a movie

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
If I have completely forgotten almost everything about Saw lore, how accessible is Spiral?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very. If you know that saw exists that’s all you need

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its basically an independant movie

also Chris Rock has iron jaws with the amount of scenery he chews. I actually really dug his performance.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 5, 2021

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

If I have completely forgotten almost everything about Saw lore, how accessible is Spiral?

As I posted above, it ignores that Jigsaws focus was 85 percent cops in Saw movies so it doesn't care. Complete reboot.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the new voice sucks so fuckin bad but other than that i thought it was a pretty good movie actually

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The new Conjuring movie was pretty blah. 5/10 at best, if I'm being generous.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Early on I made the conscious decision to shun both the Saw and Conjuring movies and through the years the choice has paid nothing but dividends.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Basebf555 posted:

The new Conjuring movie was pretty blah. 5/10 at best, if I'm being generous.
Just finished it a little while ago. An uneventful end to an uneventful series.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I was really hemming & hawing over picking something to watch tonight and I ended up reluctantly choosing Ginger Snaps. B & Ginger won me over pretty quick. After some real strikeouts on Shutter I finally picked a good one! Way more fun than I expected. The werewolf itself was not amazing, but the movie was good enough that it didn’t matter too much. I wish I had watched it sooner.

Is the sequel & prequel worth watching?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Legitimately one of my favourite movies of any genre. The sequels don't come close to the original but they're ok.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I thought the sequels to Ginger Snaps were pretty good , not as good as the original but worth checking out. I really enjoyed the one that was set in the 1700s I am a sucker though for old timey horror though set in that period.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 5, 2021

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Has anyone seen Shadow in the Cloud? I'm in the mood for terrible poo poo right now (and the trailer looked ridiculous) and I'm wondering if it's worth a rental.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

sigher posted:

Has anyone seen Shadow in the Cloud? I'm in the mood for terrible poo poo right now (and the trailer looked ridiculous) and I'm wondering if it's worth a rental.

It's a decent B Movie overall. I say its worth a rental , but its also for free on Hulu I think.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Perfect, thanks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/heeb0_/status/1401035487603793925?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And Franklin.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Breaking my movie theater sabbatical tomorrow for The Amusement Park :cool:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sigher posted:

It is insanely, aggressively stupid and insanely fun. I wish I could've watched it with a crowd.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Anyone see The Samurai on Shudder? It looks like it could be really good or suck tremendously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIc530LsSxM

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I realised this morning I’ve still not seen The Keep, and looking it up, there’s a 96 minute cut which is apparently dreadful, maybe a 2 hour cut and a 3.5 hour cut(??!). What’s the availability on these longer cuts?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Been thinking more about Spiral and even though it is really fuckin bad, it's quite entertaining. The final product is what you'd get if you let the Always Sunny characters make a Saw movie.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Holy poo poo that's actually a perfect description.

I agree it's a bad Saw movie but as its own thing its pretty fun, I enjoyed it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

I realised this morning I’ve still not seen The Keep, and looking it up, there’s a 96 minute cut which is apparently dreadful, maybe a 2 hour cut and a 3.5 hour cut(??!). What’s the availability on these longer cuts?

Unfortunately it's not easy to track down a watchable version of The Keep because apparently Mann hated it. The one that's for rent on Amazon Video looks terrible.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

Unfortunately it's not easy to track down a watchable version of The Keep because apparently Mann hated it. The one that's for rent on Amazon Video looks terrible.

I wish someone would convince him he's wrong. I'd love to see that get a nice restoration and director's cut. It's a fascinating film.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

married but discreet posted:

Anyone see The Samurai on Shudder? It looks like it could be really good or suck tremendously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIc530LsSxM

Just saw it yesterday, loved it. Very gay, perfect for Pride Month

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I'd never heard of this movie till your post and according to the google the 210 cut was never released.

I checked around :filez: sources and only could find the 96 minute.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Chris James 2 posted:

Just saw it yesterday, loved it. Very gay, perfect for Pride Month

gently caress, that certainly was a movie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

a new study bible! posted:

Been thinking more about Spiral and even though it is really fuckin bad, it's quite entertaining. The final product is what you'd get if you let the Always Sunny characters make a Saw movie.

I wasn't interested in Spiral, but this description has got me curious.