Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A lot of the fiesta runs on the Honor System and, as Kyrosiris said, we ain't cops. I don't think cops even know how to enjoy a game like FF5.

If it makes it more accessible to know your jobs early, it's not going to invalidate your run or anything. Likewise, if you see the need to torture yourself with a White Mage Liquid Flame fight while praying that your next crystal ISN'T something that will choke and die against Ifrit and Byblos, that's your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
0.6 is going to be a while because the code involved crashes, but here's a teaser for what you can expect to see:

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

It's already everything I desire.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
ACAB, even Fiesta Cops.

That said, I will usually wait until I've reached the boss prior to each crystal (elephant, flamelady, clapperclaw) to tweet the crystal, then check after the fight is over.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

So I've never done FFVFJF before, but I am finishing up my first run of the game, saw this thread, and thought it looked fun! The OP covers well what to do as a player, but how does all the charity stuff work? I.e. as a player, how do I make sure what I does gets counted?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Post screenshots in this thread of you fulfilling whatever toxxes you try to do. The people who made the toxxes will see it and donate accordingly.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
There's a post on the first page (I think it's usually Post #3, after the fanart) that collects all the Toxxes in the thread. It hasn't been updated in a bit, but that's a good place to check. The Toxx will usually say what you need to do (and what proof, if any, you need to post). You can also always make your own Toxx and donate through the Four Job Fiesta site!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A couple of them use Carbybot on the Discord, but usually ones that count a lot of small things. (Rods broken, speed traps hit, Fat Chocobos summoned, etc.)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I got 10 people new to festivities so I put in my first donation set.

If anyone else joins in *eyes vikingofrock* I'll do them in batches of 10, or when the run starts.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Aerdan posted:

0.6 is going to be a while because the code involved crashes, but here's a teaser for what you can expect to see:

Since it looks like it's moving to something that'll be run frequently rather than one-and-done, could we also get a config file or registry storage to remember the source rom & previous settings between launches?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

zzMisc posted:

Since it looks like it's moving to something that'll be run frequently rather than one-and-done, could we also get a config file or registry storage to remember the source rom & previous settings between launches?

I believe that's already in!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

edit: I was wondering something. I haven't played FF5 in a really long time (like, since ZSNES times) so i don't know if this would even be necessary. But is it acceptable to find out all 4 of your crystal jobs from Gilgabot right at the start so I can start planning out my party build, or is that cheating? I am playing just normal #reg

I always do that for every run, because I determine who will be what job based on who has the best sprite for said job.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I always do that for every run, because I determine who will be what job based on who has the best sprite for said job.

This is optimal, yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

How do you have four Kriles? :confused:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

zzMisc posted:

(it uses QSettings, so the appropriate mechanism for your platform—which will be the registry, on Windows.)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Oh no you don't! I'm not falling for that again!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

Dancer Buttz says hi.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Aerdan posted:

(it uses QSettings, so the appropriate mechanism for your platform—which will be the registry, on Windows.)

Oh nice, shows how much attention I pay! Thank you!!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll be starting up a brisk Let's Play that will also be a long-form tutorial for new Fiesta players very soon here. Should hopefully both draw more attention to the Fiesta, and give people who're intimidated or lost a chance to see how it all works.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mustached Demon posted:

Dancer Buttz says hi.

Krile's Mystic Knight outfit is also kind of blah, Lenna works much better for that visually if you roll one of those.

As for Faris.... she's usually second-best in pretty much every job aesthetically, so you can't really go wrong with her but you also don't really have any truly exceptional choices that Krile or Bartz couldn't do better.

Maybe Cannoneer, if you go !Advance.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I voted #voteBluBluBluBlu and that's both the default vote and not a mistake :colbert:
I don't think I ever fully figured out the RNG, even with samurai goroh's docs. I do seem to remember taking notes and that it accessed the GBA RNG a lot more than I thought it did (as the hardcoded table is still there along with the two counters). I tried last year to do some funky stuff to get the European version to not be so random (I guess you can call it that) but didn't have any luck. That actually reminds me I wanted to check into something, maybe it'll be a late Fiesta project for me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Okay sorry, all the toxxes should be up to date now. If I missed you please give me your best "I'm not mad, just disappointed".

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So there is a blank option on the run list this year -- anyone know what it is yet?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kheldarn posted:

You do know you can freely swap jobs around, right?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I always give each character the job from their crystal in the end. Keeps the decision-making easy.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

So there is a blank option on the run list this year -- anyone know what it is yet?

Its #blame(everhate)

Guaranteed Quadzerk, no need to try and roll chaos or rely on berserker risk to throw 4 at you.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
You can only get multiple berserkers with chaos, right? Not pure chaos?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shyfted One posted:

You can only get multiple berserkers with chaos, right? Not pure chaos?

Unless you Berserker Risk and donations are sufficient to invite multiples, correct.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
So pure chaos berserker risk can get me multiple berserkers? I don't remember the last time I played chaos instead of pure chaos.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its been a long time but berzerker risk of random I think would do it too.

But also a year or two ago RK put his finger on the scales and hosed with the exchange rate since he wanted it to be berzerker risk, not bercertinty. (I think that year if it was still 10bux perzerker it was a guaranteed 2+ per player).

e: I think it was 2018 where he screwed with the numbers, since 2017 I had 3 with pure chaos.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 5, 2021

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

So pure chaos berserker risk can get me multiple berserkers? I don't remember the last time I played chaos instead of pure chaos.

#BERSERKERRISK is a modifier that only works on pre-registration and gives you a chance to roll Berserker on any of your crystals, no matter what kind of run you chose.

Otherwise Chaos can give dupes of everything except the jobs that don't show up in Chaos at all: Freelancer, Mime, and the GBA jobs.

Pure Chaos cannot have duplicates but CAN roll Freelancer and Mime.

I hope he eventually changes things up. Pure Chaos should be all jobs in the game with dupes allowed, make Chaos all the jobs without dupes (and maybe without GBA jobs I guess)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Aerdan posted:

What's Randomizer mode entail?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, Berserker Risk can give you multiple zerks (depending on donations and RK meddling) on anything that isn't Normal.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I see the thread has been pinned now, hooray for not having to sometimes go back a couple pages to find if there were any updates over night :toot:

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

I will be doing my first run (Random) on this rebalance.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FeyerbrandX posted:

I see the thread has been pinned now, hooray for not having to sometimes go back a couple pages to find if there were any updates over night :toot:

You don't use bookmarks?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

You don't use bookmarks?

nah, sometimes I will type the thread name in the address bar if I'm feeling saucy but otherwise just *look at games forum, see if thread updated, go away*

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
I just posted in #ffv-rom-alchemy an updated Fiesta Patch that has ammo drops, so that Combine can be used before all 12 Sealed Weapons are obtained. The drop locations for ammo are the same as in Waddler's patch.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

KataraniSword posted:

Krile's Mystic Knight outfit is also kind of blah, Lenna works much better for that visually if you roll one of those.

As for Faris.... she's usually second-best in pretty much every job aesthetically, so you can't really go wrong with her but you also don't really have any truly exceptional choices that Krile or Bartz couldn't do better.

Maybe Cannoneer, if you go !Advance.

Faris Monk is pretty atrocious. That said, Faris has by far the best Dragoon outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Zerilan posted:

What's Randomizer mode entail?

Shuffles job abilities and commands. Example from the original randomizer's output's spoilers file (which I don't 100% duplicate in function because C++ and Python are very different):

quote:

Knight
Default: !Animals
Skill 0: 15 Cover
Skill 1: 50 !Lance
Skill 2: 100 First Strike
Skill 3: 190 Equip Rods
Skill 4: 410 !Mix
Monk
Default: !Dualcast
Skill 0: 20 Find Pits
Skill 1: 65 !Red 2
Skill 2: 100 Equip Lance
Skill 3: 170 !Sing
Skill 4: 250 Equip Harp
Thief
Default: !Drink
Skill 0: 10 Sprint
Skill 1: 45 !Spellblade 3
Skill 2: 100 HP +20%
Skill 3: 160 !Spellblade 5
Skill 4: 370 !Black 6
Dragoon
Default: !Smoke
Skill 0: 10 Light Step
Skill 1: 45 !White 3
Skill 2: 95 Vigilance
Skill 3: 190 !Gaia
Skill 4: 380 !Mug
Ninja
Default: !Call
Skill 0: 20 MP +10%
Skill 1: 55 !Time 2
Skill 2: 95 !Black 4
Skill 3: 160 !Summon 4
Skill 4: 390 !Drink
Samurai
Default: !Gaia
Skill 0: 30 !White 1
Skill 1: 60 !Guard
Skill 2: 85 !Jump
Skill 3: 180 !Revive
Skill 4: 430 !Rapidfire
Berserker
Default: Berserk
Skill 0: 20 !White 2
Skill 1: 45 !Aim
Skill 2: 80 !Steal
Skill 3: 160 !Call
Skill 4: 390 !Spellblade 6
Ranger
Default: !Mineuchi
Skill 0: 30 Learning
Skill 1: 60 !Recover
Skill 2: 90 !Time 3
Skill 3: 170 !Black 5
Skill 4: 380 !Dualcast
Mystic Knight
Default: !Calm
Skill 0: 30 !Red 1
Skill 1: 60 !Kick
Skill 2: 100 Equip Katana
Skill 3: 190 !Animals
Skill 4: 430 !Time 6
White Mage
Default: !Spellblade 6
Skill 0: 10 Counter
Skill 1: 60 !Black 2
Skill 2: 100 Barehanded
Skill 3: 190 !Flee
Skill 4: 250 Equip Shield
Black Mage
Default: !Black 6
Skill 0: 20 HP +10%
Skill 1: 50 !Scan
Skill 2: 80 !Focus
Skill 3: 200 !Catch
Skill 4: 410 !Control
Time Mage
Default: !Control
Skill 0: 15 !Summon 1
Skill 1: 40 !Mineuchi
Skill 2: 100 !Time 4
Skill 3: 200 !Dance
Skill 4: 400 !Summon 5
Summoner
Default: !Mug
Skill 0: 20 Pharmacology
Skill 1: 50 !Black 3
Skill 2: 95 Shirahadori
Skill 3: 170 !White 5
Skill 4: 380 !Iainuki
Blue Mage
Default: !Revive
Skill 0: 15 !Spellblade 2
Skill 1: 45 !Check
Skill 2: 100 !White 4
Skill 3: 190 Equip Axe
Skill 4: 280 Equip Ribbon
Red Mage
Default: !Blue
Skill 0: 15 Find Passages
Skill 1: 45 !Chakra
Skill 2: 95 !Spellblade 4
Skill 3: 150 Two-Handed
Skill 4: 290 Equip Sword
Beastmaster
Default: !Chakra
Skill 0: 15 !Black 1
Skill 1: 50 !Summon 2
Skill 2: 90 !Red 3
Skill 3: 150 Dual Wield
Skill 4: 250 Equip Whip
Chemist
Default: !Summon 5
Skill 0: 20 Berserk
Skill 1: 45 !Hide
Skill 2: 80 Equip Armour
Skill 3: 180 !Time 5
Skill 4: 400 !Throw
Geomancer
Default: !Iainuki
Skill 0: 20 !Time 1
Skill 1: 55 !Image
Skill 2: 90 Equip Bow
Skill 3: 170 HP +30%
Skill 4: 250 Artful Dodger
Bard
Default: !Zeninage
Skill 0: 10 Shell
Skill 1: 60 !Calm
Skill 2: 100 MP +30%
Skill 3: 150 !Smoke
Skill 4: 440 !White 6
Dancer
Default: !Time 6
Skill 0: 15 !Spellblade 1
Skill 1: 40 !Flirt
Skill 2: 85 !Summon 3
Skill 3: 170 !Blue
Skill 4: 430 !Zeninage

It also comes with a patch that allows !<magic> X to actually cast LvX <magic> without needing all previous tiers unlocked.