Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PokeJoe posted:

im glad i didn't vote for biden

:yossame:

i'm a proud nader and howie voter, but i shamefully voted for dems when jill stein was the nom, she sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not voting for Biden was voting for Trump (doesn't matter what state you're in), glad you're really proud of that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

we have a shitload of parties in Canada and only three ever get seats so you have to strategically vote up here in some smaller ridings or you literally stand a chance of being the reason the Conservative party takes power and legalizes murdering queer people through willful neglect

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Grats on being no different ideologically from a trailer dweller in Watkins Glen NY

i'm gonna go smooch at an applebee's in your honor

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

we have a shitload of parties in Canada and only three ever get seats so you have to strategically vote up here in some smaller ridings or you literally stand a chance of being the reason the Conservative party takes power and legalizes murdering queer people through willful neglect

That's because Canada has a "first past the post" system as well

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Blinkz0rz posted:

i'm gonna go smooch at an applebee's in your honor

I'm smooching a trump supporter at chillis right now.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gave them a big smooch after they said Joe Biden is not my president.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Clearly, Trump would have been so much better.

Libs would have absolutely maintained better pandemic hygiene against a disease that's on track to be the leading cause of non-natural death in the US for 2021 had Trump won.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fame Douglas posted:

Not voting for Biden was voting for Trump (doesn't matter what state you're in), glad you're really proud of that.

they are the exact same except trump is funnier online, if we're doing this

Apr 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah, just look at all the good Joe Biden has done so far.

Here is a complete list:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wheres my student loan forgiveness Joe

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

That's because Canada has a "first past the post" system as well

yeah, it just gets a lot more sketchy and strategic when there’s three parties

a proper representation system would be much better but electoral reform doesn't come through legislation and us whiteys are too complacent to do anything about it ever

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

Joe: gently caress you

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

Why don't you declare personal bankruptcy, lmao

Apr 7, 2003

There has been one piece of 'left wing legislation' passed in this century by the US legislature. It is Obamacare, the PPACA, which is a repackaged version of Romneycare.

That is it. Nothing else that can even be pointed at as being good for the rank and file losers of America (you and me) has been passed this century.

Joe Biden is working hard on continuing this proud lineage of failure and uselessness. but make sure you thank him, he's not Trump.

Apr 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Why don't you declare personal bankruptcy, lmao

No one in CSPAM likes you and you're not making any friends here, either.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

People often react negatively to hearing the truth. Also, you're a dummy, why would I listen to what you say.

It's always the dumb posters that dislike me, I found.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ch*po had a bit about how all the libs screaming for single payer/m4a immediately shut up when the ACA dropped and immediately pivoted to fawning over how cool the web site was that let you shop for the best deal on your insurance

"the aca site was basically fortnite for libs" or something in that vein

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I haven't ignored you yet but I will if you keep replying to Fame Douglas.

Apr 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

People often react negatively to hearing the truth. Also, you're a dummy, why would I listen to what you say.

Joe Biden promised student loan reform and then immediately dropped it once he got into office.

That alone is going to doom the Dems for the next decade.

Reacting to people who bring that up with "go declare bankruptcy lmao" is super cool.

Fall into a cement mixer.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tell us more about what some moron on Chapo said.

Joe Biden promised student loan reform and then immediately dropped it once he got into office.

That alone is going to doom the Dems for the next decade.

Reacting to people who bring that up with "go declare bankruptcy lmao" is super cool.

Fall into a cement mixer.

Clearly, Trump would have been so much better. You're an idiot.

Apr 7, 2003

endlessmonotony posted:

I haven't ignored you yet but I will if you keep replying to Fame Douglas.

I'm done.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine being this bitchmade on a dead forum, lmao.

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

ch*po had a bit about how all the libs screaming for single payer/m4a immediately shut up when the ACA dropped and immediately pivoted to fawning over how cool the web site was that let you shop for the best deal on your insurance

The ACA got us a giant Medicaid expansion. 29% of rural PA is on Medicaid because of it.

That's it, that's the most leftist legislation passed since you and I hit eighteen. Mitt Romney's plan to barely help the poorest of the poor to not die from preventable illnesses.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
somebody's posting drunk after Brunch, i see

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

hey now, young people can stay on their parents insurance until they are 26

*assuming that your parents have insurance to begin with, otherwise enjoy paying hundreds a month for a plan with a deductible that will wipe you out if you break your leg

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

*assuming that your parents have insurance to begin with, otherwise enjoy paying hundreds a month for a plan with a deductible that will wipe you out if you break your leg

If you're that poor you're on Medicaid

and that's good

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

somebody's posting drunk after Brunch, i see

mimosas made with an eye dropper of OJ and a whole gallon of Kirkland sparkling wine

Apr 7, 2003

Medicaid has better healthcare outcomes than commercial insurance because people will actually get care if they know they won't get a bill for $800 after the fact.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The_Franz posted:

torys would prefer we had this system in Canada because they look at people with a headache taking four hours to get given a motrin by a doctor and think that it’s a damnation of universal healthcare instead of basic triage

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

If you're that poor you're on Medicaid

and that's good

iirc, the bronze plan has a $6k deductable, which would almost certainly wipe out a "working poor" person who makes too much for medicaid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Medicaid has better healthcare outcomes than commercial insurance because people will actually get care if they know they won't get a bill for $800 after the fact.

The last trip to the hospital i got attended to by the stereotypical nagging condescending old weary nurse that was _so shocked and dismayed_ I drove myself to the ER.

You payin the $3200 ambulance bill for a 3 mile ride, lady?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Funny part was, they didn't have enough staffing and couldn't run the cardioversion machine because there was nobody trained on it, so i did get an ambulance ride on their dime to the big hospital.

Hope that skeleton staffing is paying off!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

a six thousand deductible would gently caress me up and I touch computers for a living

this is both an indictment of the us medical system and how low wages in canada are compared to cost of living

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

iirc, the bronze plan has a $6k deductable, which would almost certainly wipe out a "working poor" person who makes too much for medicaid

Depends on the plan, they're all separate and all considered commercial.

They actually got better over the Trump admin because the Republicans quit withholding APTC / CSR funding like they did under Obama.

It owns that a political party can hold America hostage like that.

Apr 7, 2003

It also doesn't help that the other political party hates you just as much lmao.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
NPR was tolerable for an entire half hour and then told me to turn it off when they gave a Manchin mouthpiece five whole loving minutes on how the good man just wants to unite America

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kazinsal posted:

torys would prefer we had this system in Canada because they look at people with a headache taking four hours to get given a motrin by a doctor and think that it’s a damnation of universal healthcare instead of basic triage

this consistently infuriates me. i knew it was a lie but i didn’t know just how much of one it was. my first interaction with the canadian health system was a couple of years ago; the doc thought i might have a tumour when i went in on friday and i was in a scanner by monday afternoon

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It also doesn't help that the other political party hates you just as much lmao.

it’s much better to have a sliding scale of hatred

here, one party hates you, one party hates you if you’re not white, one party is ambivalent towards you, one party realizes you can’t vote for them if you die of poverty and thus is a bit less ambivalent towards you, and one party wants you to help them decommission nuclear power plants and will light your house on fire if you don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
two of the biggest lies are "canada takes so long to treat you!" (your above point) and "people from all over the world travel to the US for our health care!" (it's only the sultan of brunei flying into Mayo or the dedicated richperson airport by all the Cleveland stuff)