Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TwoPair posted:

drat I know those kids could beat feet but Emma & co. loving moved to get to the village from where they were

They did ride in on a demon horse this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

TwoPair posted:

drat I know those kids could beat feet but Emma & co. loving moved to get to the village from where they were

He gave them 5 days, they were in the forest and looked around for 1 day and found them at night time. They get back THAT SAME NIGHT just in time for Norman to go back on his word and release the T Virus early.

So yeah, loving BOOKED IT is the right word for it

Argus Zant posted:

I'M NUUUUUCLEAAAAAAAR

IIIIII'M WIIIIIIIIIILD

I won't scatter your ashes to heartless sea. Mostly because there isn't much left of anything once the virus hits you and degenerate to nothing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

So none of this happened in the manga, right?

In the manga Norman's plan for avoiding human bloodshed involved pitting demon against demon.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I...can't believe i'm kinda looking forward to Black Clover after Neverland. BC is in filler training arc hell but at least it's usually inoffensively boring and dumb instead of just being stupidly dumb.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

I'M NUUUUUCLEAAAAAAAR

IIIIII'M WIIIIIIIIIILD

"That's why you're the best, Norman"

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Can't wait for Promised Neverland brother in 20 years.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Is...is this a clip show episode? In current year anime?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"meh"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh good flashbacks, does this mean they're killing off kakashi

e: or just a recap of a previous flashback?

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 30, 2021

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I can't believe the abridged version of the plot present in the Ninja Storm games actually goes over this bit in more detail with like 2 or 3 whole levels devoted just this flashback when the actual show. FAMOUS for it's amount of filler episodes. Is zooming through this kind of important bit of backstory for both Kakashi and Tobi here.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
was this a complete rear end pull or did whatshisfuck actually plan this out a decade previous

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this! posted:

In the manga Norman's plan for avoiding human bloodshed involved pitting demon against demon.
Norman was right too because the ~Demon Aristocracy~ was a huge obstacle and there was no way to change the status quo without taking them on.

Rhonne posted:

How many arcs are we skipping past this episode?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The show already forgot about 5 arcs

Rhonne posted:

So none of this happened in the manga, right?
First half flashbacks are congruent with the manga, second half lol no.

We're in original territory now that pulls bits and pieces from the manga while making changes.

muscles like this! posted:

To be fair, the manga doesn't spend a whole lot of space on Norman's time at Lambda.
The manga establishes Lamda early on with the escaped hulklings, so the entire existence of the place doesn't come out of left field. And since the anime is almost completely original at this point, they could have spent a lot of time there, it would have been more entertaining than what they're actually doing this season.

The Shame Boy posted:

Where the hell is this God and Devil stuff coming from Norman all of a sudden?!
Beware that, when fighting demons, you yourself do not become a demon

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 30, 2021

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

No Norman, you are the demons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Movie's at about 8 or 9, I'll be hanging out since I finished my Resistance Weapon step for the day

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll be 9, bout an hour 20 left

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

30 minute warning

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just finished the Demon Slayer movie and drat that was pretty good.

I thought it ended like twice and then paused it and saw "holy poo poo there's more?" (I guess I'll do spoiler tags)like most shonen movies would've ended after Tanjiro beheaded the demon... or after he and Inosuke wrecked the train (btw I love that the idiot was right about needing to kill the train) but then it just kept going... and ended with everyone in tears. Kinda fuckin' wild compared to like, literally any DBZ/Naruto/etc. movie where even any "canon" ones end with everyone in the main cast being a-okay in the end. Also I feel like if Tanjiro and Deku got in a cry-off someone might literally drown.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Funimation/status/1400591966912630786?s=19

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Heck yeah, bring back AssClass and this'll be a pretty strong block again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not on Toonami quite yet, but soon.

Soon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not on Toonami quite yet, but soon.

Soon.

that’s okay

no rush

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMQpWCNTQw

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I won't be in for a bit, don't misbehave:

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - Class A beat Class B in Round 1 of this undoubtedly months-long training arc

Dr. Stone - By opening our communications line to the Tsukasa Empire with Madonna's hit 1986 single "Open Your Heart", we managed to convert one of Tsukasa's flunkies over to our side of the techno-wars, despite our initial attempts to impersonate Madonna going completely sideways.

Food Wars - We gotta do a whole bunch of cooking exams in Skyrim while taking the Flying Pussyfoot from one exam site to another. The whole thing will culminate in a no-holds-barred cage match against Wesker on Shang Tsung's island so we can cast down the nazis, which will probably not be easy since the nazis are the ones running the drat tests and they're not being subtle about obviously stacking the deck against us.

The Promised Neverland - There was like, a single hot second spent on what Norman got up to at Black Mesa after being shipped out last season. Then he decided to go ahead with his plans to genocide the entire demon race via biological warfare, but then he suddenly had doubts about the whole thing right before Emma and Ray showed up with their fae friend in tow.

Black Clover Episode 152: Skullcrusher Mountain Express - Petyr Volante is suddenly and inexplicably abducted by ninjas.

It has been 23 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

The Promised Neverland - WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh gently caress for a moment I forgot we were in this arc, god dammit.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm pretty sure that anime law says that Class A has to lose the next round, so RIP in advance to whoever gets stuck with doing the job in the next matchup

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You know i'm kinda replaying through RE8 and at The House right now, even though it's not nearly as scary the second around. The thing in there is still ugly as sin and the messed up way it yells when it sees you and the DA DA DAAAAA DA in the distorted voice still fucks me up

Anyway time for fight animes to wind down.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Midnight, I know you're dealing with teenagers, but please keep it PG.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Monoma trying to get Shinso to join his cult.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:10bux: says Jiro has the hots for Kaminari and it’ll get revealed eventually

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

No seriously what else did you think Bakugo was gonna say to something involving teamwork?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i should probably play RE7 & 8 at some point, i heard 7 was pretty good and Giant Bomb made 8 sound kinda like The 3 Stooges Go to Romania

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mina is good.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

jesus woman, keep it in your catsuit

e: ack
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Our

Trump

Card

Pyre File
May 24, 2021

by Pragmatica
This arc really highlights one of this series' issues: it's written like a big crossover event/origin story for a whole mess of individual superhero character series with interesting hooks that will never actually exist.

I mean let's be honest, The Ribbiting Adventures of Froppy alone would probably make bank just in Japan.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Argus Zant posted:

i should probably play RE7 & 8 at some point, i heard 7 was pretty good and Giant Bomb made 8 sound kinda like The 3 Stooges Go to Romania

It's a great game but don't go into it expecting a focused horror experience like 7 was. It's very much a rollercoaster/theme park type horror expierence. A little bit of everything for everybody. I like the improvements that were made but 7 is still overall better in my mind.

It's also quite silly yes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh gently caress it's this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kendo is cool as hell.