Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Now I get why that game was rated M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
NEvermind.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

emo-ignorance posted:

Echoing this. I'm generally more surprised by child stars who aren't hosed up, but especially if they worked under a tyrannical pedophile like Dan Schneider.

We did have a weird person in this thread defending Dan Schneider and wishing him well in future projects. That was an incredibly weird hill to die on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowman_McK posted:

We did have a weird person in this thread defending Dan Schneider and wishing him well in future projects. That was an incredibly weird hill to die on.

SA has nothing if not the weirdest hills to die on.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Snowman_McK posted:

I feel like I would remember a post that flagrant

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Alan Smithee posted:

I feel like I would remember a post that flagrant

No, it was just someone emphatically insisting that until we get a full Rolling Stone cover story with REEL JURNALISTS then we can’t just take celebrity gossip or Reddit threads, despite those being the only outlets Schneider’s detractors have access to because he is literally the Rupert Murdoch of children’s TV, he has Spongebob money. It’s just a coincidence that kids from every single one of his shows have gone on to have huge public meltdowns about the abuse they suffered at Nickelodeon

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

21 Muns posted:

I don't really trust the Dan Schneider stuff because his alleged status as a sexual predator is a meme in alt-right spaces like /pol/, it has been since before there was any good reason to think Weinstein-style sexual abuse is so rampant in the entertainment industry, and it's explicitly driven by antisemitism. There may be something legitimate to the allegations against Schneider, but there are so many disingenuous parties targeting him that I'm inclined to dismiss them as conspiracy theories in the absence of really solid evidence. Just for comparison's sake - this isn't like the Ansari case, where the allegations are detailed, recent, and first-person. I don't think this is going anywhere and I'm officially afraid for the future of this movement if it does. If Dan Schneider gets ousted over vague, malicious rumors and Roman Polanski is still off in France making movies, please let me get off of this train.

21 Muns posted:

Okay, I'm going to be real with y'all, this is a gimmick account and my heart really isn't in it anymore. I'm a fringey conspiracy-inclined Republican who believes in Pizzagate, and several years ago, back at the height of that whole drama, I got mad at the dismissive way Something Awful discussed it, and decided that the best way to counter that would be to pretend to be an extremely unappealing and dense skeptic (because openly stating my position would presumably just get me mocked and banned). In retrospect, this was a piss-poor plan, and even if it had been good, I put very little effort into implementing it and all I've really accomplished is making GBS threads up the forum and wasting everyone's time, including my own. I am sorry for having done this. I have often been wracked with guilt over it, as I despise lying and am simply a hypocrite here.

You have no reason to trust me or listen to me in any way, because I have been a stupid and disingenuous internet troll, but I would encourage everyone here to take a serious deep dive into the Pizzagate evidence. I see a lot of cognitive dissonance here about Epstein and Pizzagate: as it becomes more and more obvious that Epstein's existence implies an enormous child sex trafficking institution among the elite, people are struggling to reconcile this with their earlier knee-jerk view of Pizzagate. Some of the justifications are sad and desperate grasping - for example, trying to maintain that elite child sex abuse remains absurd in a stereotypically "normal" place like a pizzeria (even one at the center of many powerful people in DC), and that elites would only do such things in their gaudiest mansions, islands, private planes and so on. Others, though, are completely predicated on a failure to understand what evidence existed to support Pizzagate in the first place, or of what Pizzagate was claiming (which is reasonably forgivable, seeing as media sources at the time were, to say the very least, extremely loath to report honestly on it). It was "debunked" in the same sense that the interested parties could have "debunked" the allegations about Epstein if they so desired - claims that it was debunked all eventually trace back to the MPDC (the DC police department), who openly admit that they performed no investigation and simply rejected the premise out of hand. Frankly, the shooting at the pizzeria stunk as much as Epstein's death.

Most Pizzagate believers idiotically went on to become Q believers, despite Q's being, best I can tell, genuinely evidence-free. I was scratching my head wondering why so many people were going along with an obvious psyop like Q a long time before it actually became notable enough to get media attention. In retrospect, it's obvious why - it was designed to appeal to their hero worship of Trump and the hopes they had for his presidency. I was riding the partisan Trumper rush myself back in 2016, so I drank the Kool-Aid and tried not to think about it, but it's still very clear: Trump is himself among the elite, there is very little chance that he doesn't rape children, lots of them, probably including his daughter, and it's really obvious, because the dude's a loving creep. I am not smarter than you - the same partisan blinders in the brain that made you go along with the dominant narrative on Pizzagate also made me believe that Trump must have had good reasons for associating with Epstein.

It will not surprise me if I am perma'd for this post, and if I am it will be well-deserved, as I am a very bad poster whose presence on this forum amounts to an ill-conceived attempt to false-flag my political opposition. It's me, I'm the conspiracy, the conspiracy to make Something Awful a worse place. No more.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
I think this was the only notable skeptic of the whole thing lol

Martman fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 6, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how did I forget such a meltdown :stare:

a pizzagate purist who hated Q anoners lol

remember the neo lib who came here and said the thread was just Qanon

oh right that was 6 pages ago

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

pizzagate purist

mods, please?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I may have asked at some point if Schneider actually has any accusers, but it became pretty clear shortly after he retired that there were a lot of accusers in his orbit who were saying something bad had happened and just not directly using his name that it was safe to take a guess who they were talking about

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Thread.

https://twitter.com/JenKirkman/status/1401236734520619010

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think I may have asked at some point if Schneider actually has any accusers, but it became pretty clear shortly after he retired that there were a lot of accusers in his orbit who were saying something bad had happened and just not directly using his name that it was safe to take a guess who they were talking about

It's almost entirely rumors, but it's a lot of loving rumors. And remember how long it took anyone to go on record about Weinstein.

This has a good breakdown of what we actually know. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thethings.com/forgotten-facts-about-the-dan-schneider-scandal/amp/

The BTS video of a then under age Amanda Bynes in a hot tub with him and then another BTS video that

quote:

shows Schneider directing Amanda to perform what looks like an inappropriate act on a science project, something that the tween actress wouldn't have understood to be inappropriate.

Seems pretty damning to me though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I always forget that Schneider was the creepy momma's boy that Monique stays with in Better Off Dead. It adds a whole new layer to the role.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It's almost entirely rumors, but it's a lot of loving rumors. And remember how long it took anyone to go on record about Weinstein.

This has a good breakdown of what we actually know. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thethings.com/forgotten-facts-about-the-dan-schneider-scandal/amp/

The BTS video of a then under age Amanda Bynes in a hot tub with him and then another BTS video that
Seems pretty damning to me though.

There was a ton of weird feet oriented material social media around his time, like tweets saying "write on your feet and send it to us"

There was also a insanely creepy web series with a younger Arianna Grande where she's literally sucking her toes for a couple minutes.

It could be more people then Schneider but he's directly connected to every single creepy event.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

RevKrule posted:

I always forget that Schneider was the creepy momma's boy that Monique stays with in Better Off Dead. It adds a whole new layer to the role.
:aaaaa:

That’s been my favorite comedy for 30 years and I never knew that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

He also seems to have specifically targeted girls with 'show biz' parents, ones that everyone already assumed were going to flare out in a poo poo show. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing being such a meme in the '00s was largely because of the women he traumatized and fed drugs to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s also the rumor that he’s the father of Jamie Lynn Spears kid and they basically offered a kid from her high school a poo poo ton of money to pretend to be the dad, and it’s weird because in googling around just now you literally cannot find a US source talking about the paternity, but UK and EU fan sites from the 2000’s are all talking about how the timelines literally do not make sense unless this kid was flying out from Louisiana during the final season of the show, which he absolutely was not doing.

We know for a fact that the Spears parents will let you do whatever you want to their kids for a rusty nickel

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s also the rumor that he’s the father of Jamie Lynn Spears kid and they basically offered a kid from her high school a poo poo ton of money to pretend to be the dad, and it’s weird because in googling around just now you literally cannot find a US source talking about the paternity, but UK and EU fan sites from the 2000’s are all talking about how the timelines literally do not make sense unless this kid was flying out from Louisiana during the final season of the show, which he absolutely was not doing.

We know for a fact that the Spears parents will let you do whatever you want to their kids for a rusty nickel

You just reminded me I both really want to and really don't want to watch that new Brittney Spears documentary.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wasn't it under Schneider that Nick moved away from the animated shows to a heavy push of tween sitcoms?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't it under Schneider that Nick moved away from the animated shows to a heavy push of neonate sitcoms?

No? Because he was a producer for Disney and Nick was owned by Viacom at the time?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't it under Schneider that Nick moved away from the animated shows to a heavy push of tween sitcoms?

You’re sort of right, it’s that Schneider took a larger role in producing silly tween sitcoms because the first one he produced made dump trucks full of money and this was right around the time Tom Kenny (VA for Spongebob and probably the single most influential creative talent at Nickelodeon at the time) was like “You guys need to pay me more than regular VAG fees because I’m like a Billy West/Tara Strong level talent I’m making you billions” so Nickelodeon was like “we need to make fewer shows with adults and more shows with kids, because kids are much easier to take advantage of when producing television”.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

But Nick has always had tween sitcoms? Salute your Shorts, Adventures of Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains it All.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Skwirl posted:

But Nick has always had tween sitcoms? Salute your Shorts, Adventures of Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains it All.

Those shows were all way more experimental and surreal than the 2 camera sitcoms that came afterwards. Pete and Pete was shot like an indie film from the Midwest, Salute Your Shorts was hand cam for parts because they were shooting on site at a campground. Clarissa is probably the most DNA that survived into later generations.

Also shout out secret world of Alex Mac and the cascade of shows and movies overusing the silver Capri sun effect because computers were new

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I quit watching Nick around the time Spongebob started getting popular so I really have no concept of what was on there post Spongebob

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1402000858057887747?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1407202911361318913?s=20

cooperation (with)(in prosecuting) NXIUM founder

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ComplexPop/status/1407754080727015425?s=20

quote:

The charges are related to an alleged interaction between him and a 15-year-old child at a Cleveland nightclub in Dec. 2017. The case was filed against the actor in 2018 in Canada, and was later brought to the Cleveland Division of Police. Following an investigation, it was discovered by authorities that Bell had an established relationship with the child for “several years” prior to the alleged interaction, which was supposedly at times sexual in nature.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
… why is there a 15 year old in a Cleveland Nightclub?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Bust Rodd posted:

… why is there a 15 year old in a Cleveland Nightclub?

That's your main takeaway? Kids go to nightclubs when they're too young. Surely even in Cleveland this happens.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No my main takeaway is that Drake is a pedofile and I hope he goes to jail, my follow up is “I wonder who is running this nightclub and letting celebrities BYOB children”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Was John McAfee in any movies (besides Gringo of course)

Because uh

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bust Rodd posted:

No my main takeaway is that Drake is a pedofile and I hope he goes to jail, my follow up is “I wonder who is running this nightclub and letting celebrities BYOB children”

https://www.odeoncleveland.com/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HopperUK posted:

That's your main takeaway? Kids go to nightclubs when they're too young. Surely even in Cleveland this happens.

There's also All Ages clubs.

Plus it says they had a relationship before the "club interaction" he could have done something to make it easier for her to get in. Put her name on a guest list, have someone let her in from the back, etc.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

here's their facebook which looks more up to date than the website?

https://www.facebook.com/TheOdeonConcertClub/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It looks like a venue, not a night club, I have no idea what the liquor laws are in Cleveland, so who knows if it's abnormal for 15 year olds to be there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

It looks like a venue, not a night club, I have no idea what the liquor laws are in Cleveland, so who knows if it's abnormal for 15 year olds to be there.

from my experience shows will say whether they're all ages/21+ only etc

all ages shows typically have higher cost tickets because you can't pay for drinks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, well then either someone working at the club helped Drake smuggle a child in OR Drake went to an all ages show and bumped into a kid that he’d been hooking up with for years? Jesus this sucks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, well then either someone working at the club helped Drake smuggle a child in OR Drake went to an all ages show and bumped into a kid that he’d been hooking up with for years? Jesus this sucks

It's literally just "oh here's Drake Bell's guest list" handed to a bouncer and she gives the right name. You don't get carded when you're on the list. And it's not sinister because most adults don't want to hang out with 15 year olds so it doesn't occur to the door guy it's a child. Or he's near the door and says "oh she's with me" and gets to cut in line. The list is about skipping the line.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, 15 is bad enough but then you get to the "several years" part. How many years is "several" in this case? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m just trying to discern from the article whether or not Drake hanging out with kids was such a known quantity that local clubs know to go lax on IDs when he’s around or something. A big part of this culture persisting is because scumbags and sleazeballs look the other way.