Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Costco Dad blocked the entire frozen aisle today stopping to excitedly describe the fish shaped fish cakes to his bulk order of children in detail with his cart parked perfectly been the endcap display, employee and his stocking cart, and the sample less sample person to stop all traffic.

He did not get the fish cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

toplitzin posted:

Costco Dad blocked the entire frozen aisle today stopping to excitedly describe the fish shaped fish cakes to his bulk order of children in detail with his cart parked perfectly been the endcap display, employee and his stocking cart, and the sample less sample person to stop all traffic.

He did not get the fish cakes.

I give 3 (three) excuse me's in increasing volume before I just push your cart out of the way, even if you are holding onto it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gatts posted:

I have 2 freezers, 1 standing and 1 open top, and 5 fridges at home with top freezers. I'm looking to replace one with the latest fridge from LG or GE Cafe.

Are you a serial killer? Do you have body parts in your freezers and fridges?

Whooping Crabs posted:

Counterpoint, don't boil brats in IPA, it makes them taste like poo poo. Use a pilsner or lager. I say this as a person who likes IPAs and had boiled brats in them before.

Very much this. Never use anything other than a lighter beer for boiling brats.

El Jebus posted:

I give 3 (three) excuse me's in increasing volume before I just push your cart out of the way, even if you are holding onto it.

:hmmyes:

Some goons are weird and can't speak up about the most basic, friendly things. If you don't move your cart after the 3rd loving excuse me then I'm taking the Costco law into my own hands.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 6, 2021

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I've never had to say "Oops, pardon me, you're in the way!" more than once? You should announce what they're doing wrong in a sing-song kindergarten teacher voice. Works like a charm.

I look like kindergarten teacher, but I think shock value would work even more to other people's advantage here.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No but each fridge and freezer has a logic associated with it. And also for when I host stuff. One in the basement is empty.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Gatts posted:

No but each fridge and freezer has a logic associated with it. And also for when I host stuff. One in the basement is empty.

For what? Your final victim?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

low key sex master posted:

For what? Your final victim?

Waiting, for relatives to visit and fill it up.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Gatts posted:

Waiting, for relatives to visit and fill it up.

So, yes?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you shouldn't kill your relatives and put their bodies in the unused downstairs freezer. that's not the costco way

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

you shouldn't kill your relatives and put their bodies in the unused downstairs freezer. that's not the costco way

You could get a decent distribution network of Kirkland Brand Human Flesh going tbh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
someone please help me budget my fridges ive got two dozen at home with more on the way

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

thathonkey posted:

someone please help me budget my fridges ive got two dozen at home with more on the way

Books: $30/mo
Utilities: $600/mo
Food: $0/mo
Fridges: $8000/mo
Rent: $1600/mo

Someone who's good with budgeting please help me my family's dead in the fridges

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Bitchin Sauce $200
Kirkland Citrus IPA $150
Hotdogs $800
Refrigerators $3,600
Kirkland Jeans $150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Edit: beaten

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
The meat guys found me the last prime tenderloin. Going to be some fat steaks for the next couple of days.

Also got this summer wine sampler pack. It’s 12 half sized bottles for $50.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gatts posted:

I'm going to assume you're throwing huge sex parties with tons of hors d'oeuvres, and it's empty because the pandemic put a hold on that lifestyle.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

fizzymercury posted:

I've never had to say "Oops, pardon me, you're in the way!" more than once? You should announce what they're doing wrong in a sing-song kindergarten teacher voice. Works like a charm.

I look like kindergarten teacher, but I think shock value would work even more to other people's advantage here.

I just turn around and go the other way I drive my Costco cart like a go-kart at a kiddie track. gently caress you slow strollers I'm weaving in and out of the aisles fast eyes constantly tracking side to side looking for 97s

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The North Tower posted:

The meat guys found me the last prime tenderloin. Going to be some fat steaks for the next couple of days.

Also got this summer wine sampler pack. It’s 12 half sized bottles for $50.

What’s in the wine pack? Reds wreck my brain and give me a headache but whites are fine. As long as it is 50/50 my wife can pick up the red wine slack.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Spinz posted:

I just turn around and go the other way I drive my Costco cart like a go-kart at a kiddie track. gently caress you slow strollers I'm weaving in and out of the aisles fast eyes constantly tracking side to side looking for 97s

We are of the same blood.

That 97 life. I ain't got time to watch you oogle that package of naked juice. If you wanna sample it you buy it at $1.97 in 4 weeks like the rest of us.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Virigoth posted:

What’s in the wine pack? Reds wreck my brain and give me a headache but whites are fine. As long as it is 50/50 my wife can pick up the red wine slack.

https://www.hellosummerwines.com

4 reds, 5 whites and 3 roses (spelling). Haven’t tried any of them yet.

OTOH, I tried one of the steaks I cut from the tenderloin. It was juicy and delicious.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Spinz posted:

That's why I'm not allowed to steer the cart anymore :sigh:

You knock down one display and suddenly you're "unsafe" and "the problem". Pft.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Spinz posted:

The cart is one of the few things I don't like about Costco, because it has (standard for US?) fixed rear wheels, versus the "all wheel steer" trolley of usual UK supermarkets that let me drift round corners like Ken Block.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

StevoMcQueen posted:

The cart is one of the few things I don't like about Costco, because it has (standard for US?) fixed rear wheels, versus the "all wheel steer" trolley of usual UK supermarkets that let me drift round corners like Ken Block.

On a cart that size I think all-wheel steering would be chaos. If it’s heavily loaded down with stuff, smaller/older people would not be able to control it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

I'm going to assume you're throwing huge sex parties with tons of hors d'oeuvres, and it's empty because the pandemic put a hold on that lifestyle.

as yes the classic whores d'ouvres lifestyle

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

4 wheel articulation is awful, the pro move is to grab the front corner and tow while stacking weight over the rear axle

used to do buggy roundup on a bicycle during my retail hell days ama

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 7, 2021

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Now now, they could just be an alcoholic like me and have three dedicated beer fridges... One in the garage (mini fridge), one down in the horse tack room (mini fridge), and one full size inside the house near the pool door for overflow of frozen goods from the kitchen fridge and of course beer.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

david_a posted:

On a cart that size I think all-wheel steering would be chaos. If it’s heavily loaded down with stuff, smaller/older people would not be able to control it.

Then they'll die historic on the fury road Costco carpark!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Pitre posted:

one down in the horse tack room.

I think you'll find most goons and 98% of Americans don't have or even know what this is

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

StevoMcQueen posted:

You still can/should drift the Costco cart, you just need to get some speed up and lift the handle a bit to start the drift. It just fucks up their waxing on of the floors but works like a charm.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I think you'll find most goons and 98% of Americans don't have or even know what this is

Wtf you just call me?!?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pitre posted:

Now now, they could just be an alcoholic like me and have three dedicated beer fridges... One in the garage (mini fridge), one down in the horse tack room (mini fridge), and one full size inside the house near the pool door for overflow of frozen goods from the kitchen fridge and of course beer.

I do indeed have almost 2 fridges dedicated to drinks and ingredients for cocktails or other beverages

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I have a tack room but it's just the weird part of my barn where I keep the alfalfa and bridles? Does it mean something other than "that musty room full of old leather?" elsewhere?

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

wife had a root canal today so i went to costco for lunch while i waited. i often wonder if its odd to go to costco for just the food court but i saw other people doing the same thing so i guess it's not that odd after all. PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DamnitGannet posted:

wife had a root canal today so i went to costco for lunch while i waited. i often wonder if its odd to go to costco for just the food court but i saw other people doing the same thing so i guess it's not that odd after all. PBUC

It’s not weird in the slightest.

I’ve done it multiple times when I’m in the area and just want a dog and a slice.

Sometimes I wonder if trying to find parking is worth it but then I have the dog and a slice and yes it’s worth it.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Any recommendations on a portable A/C for a garage gym?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

poisonpill posted:

Any recommendations on a portable A/C for a garage gym?

If you can find a window unit and fit that in, it'll be better than any portable unit you get. If you must have a portable (I have 2, one of which is 12k BTU and dual-pipe, one is 8k btu and single pipe) make sure you get a dual pipe. I got a window unit which is 8k BTU and it absolutely blows my 12k BTU portable unit away. Way better.

edit: the reason I say dual-pipe is better is, a single pipe will blow hot air out and that will create negative pressure in the room, so the entire room will get hot air from other rooms/outside coming in. A dual-pipe will suck in air and blow out hot air and that will result in pressure being maintained in the room. It's worth covering the hot air pipe with silver heat insulation wrap, and it's also worth putting your AC as close to the window as possible. The longer the pipe, the more the pipe will radiate heat.

redreader fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 7, 2021

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yeah the reason you want a window unit is because the heat stays outside rather than being generated inside, then piped outside. A portable unit will never be able to compete on effectiveness with a window unit, but sometimes you need the convenience of the portable.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you dont need to be a member of costco to go to the food court right? so really if youre nearby to a costco already and need lunch it would be extremely irresponsible to eat anywhere else

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Good info, thank you. I don't want a window unit because it won't fit these weird garage windows, but I will get a dual pipe one. Thanks. Any brands to avoid? Just get the one from Costco?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

thathonkey posted:

you dont need to be a member of costco to go to the food court right? so really if youre nearby to a costco already and need lunch it would be extremely irresponsible to eat anywhere else

Honestly you can always say "I'm going to the membership counter" and then head off to the food court because they're usually near each other

I've done it before even though I'm a member

but become one of us

become free

become a Costcoer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

thathonkey posted:

That used to be the case but my Costco recently started checking membership at the food courts.

We have an outdoor food court though.