Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least Outriders 2 might be good five years from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

e: ^^ would anyone even buy it after what a disaster Outriders 1 became?

Mailer posted:

Devs are done with it so it kind of is what it is.

Yeah it's looking pretty grim. "The loot sucks and here's a 1000 word spiel why" is a pretty common topic of discussion on their subreddit but the community manager's posts addressing it are basically playing dumb about the issue. Seems like they're just going to kick the can down the line until there's nobody left playing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

It'll be on game pass day one in 2026 so nobody will have to

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

UnknownMercenary posted:

Given how we're not going to see NEW new games until 2023, and then we're going to see a shitload, I doubt something like Outriders 2 would even be worth releasing. Add the bad will on top of that and welp. Maybe they'll half-rear end out an expansion at some point but ain't no one buying it. ICR will definitely make a thread.

If they'd made it a legit non-service game and tightened the focus it might have been remembered as more of a flawed gem. You can sell a sequel on that. Being remembered for being worse than Cyberpunk is not a sequel-selling legacy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I picked this up on sale and it consistently crashes after 20~ minutes of play. Is this a know issue with an easy fix? I tried running DX11 but it doesn't seem to help any. Game seems fun but it's annoying to have to re-do content all the time because of crashes.

Get a refund if you can

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Get a refund if you can

Think I'm outside the window (bought 11 days ago and 3.9 hours of play). My friend bought it so I was pretty determined to play it with him, pretty disheartening to hear it's a bit hopeless.

Isaacs Alter Ego fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 31, 2021

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Think I'm outside the window (bought 11 days ago and 3.9 hours of play). My friend bought it so I was pretty determined to play it with him, pretty disheartening to hear it's a bit hopeless.

Stop buying broken games? "it seems fun but doesnt [technically] work" is not a ringing endorsment. Also advise your friends to not waste their time and energy on broken products. PCF had some credibility in FPS area but their handling of this game has shown they are just as incompetenet as other developers. One final note - any dev house that has the luxury of ignoring user feedback does so. "Your feedback is important to us" is bullshit. All they care about is selling more copies. There are a few exceptions where artistic integrity > money, but these are far too few to make a dent. Stop buying and recommending broken products.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

madfury posted:

Stop buying broken games? "it seems fun but doesnt [technically] work" is not a ringing endorsment. Also advise your friends to not waste their time and energy on broken products. PCF had some credibility in FPS area but their handling of this game has shown they are just as incompetenet as other developers. One final note - any dev house that has the luxury of ignoring user feedback does so. "Your feedback is important to us" is bullshit. All they care about is selling more copies. There are a few exceptions where artistic integrity > money, but these are far too few to make a dent. Stop buying and recommending broken products.

I...didn't recommend it to anyone? My friend bought it on launch, recommended it to me, I waited until this most recent sale to pick it up and then found it doesn't work, though I maybe gave it more of a try than I should have since it didn't usually crash right away. I guess I should have done more research but again the game worked fine for my friend so I thought I'd be fine on that front.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

madfury posted:

This is some goony rear end poo poo holy poo poo. He tried a game out and it didn't work, chill out.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I bought avengers, cyberpunk, outriders and Hood bro come at me

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Hi, I'm the massive shithead rear end in a top hat who has been able to play Outriders without any issues. No connection issues except the first day or so, no inventory wipes, only like two CTDs in like 60+ hours, and no other major bugs or glitches. I even managed to 100% all of the Steam achievements...which was a total slog (kill X enemies with skill Y sucked for some skills) but I did it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

OxMan posted:

I bought avengers, cyberpunk, outriders and Hood bro come at me

What are you thinking of getting next so I can avoid it?

Please ignore the fact that the only one of those I avoided was Hood.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Was hood any good?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I had a lot of fun with Cyberpunk/Avengers/This Game. They all had flaws (avengers completely shits the bed after the campaign) but I got my 60 bucks out of each of them. This game is just frustrating because it had a ton of potential but the post release rebalancing killed it.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mebh posted:

Was hood any good?

Horribly broken and buggy with bad design

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mebh posted:

Was hood any good?

You could literally afk until the last minute and still win, so nah not really.

Sucks, it was a cool concept

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

dogstile posted:

This is some goony rear end poo poo holy poo poo. He tried a game out and it didn't work, chill out.

Who pissed in your serial? I explained quite calmly why dev houses pump out crap quality games. Grow a skin.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Gallant always aggressively vets his videogame choices through extensive research. Goofus just buys games that look cool and occasionally is disappointed.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Having dealt with the 1 shot bullshit constantly and gotten frustrated enough to take a break from the game I decided to jump back in after the latest "patch" as it seemed to fix my biggest complaints. After taking 30 minutes to join my friends who are in the same town as me due to failure to join group errors and having a red connection the entire time (our internet is the top tier you can buy here) my main mag refill mod wasn't working correctly and I was still getting 1 shot from full health.

What the gently caress are they actually doing over there at PCF lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Orange Carlisle posted:

What the gently caress are they actually doing over there at PCF lol

Getting ready to abandon this game probably

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Getting ready to abandon this game probably

It really does seem as though they want it to die and for the players to just go away

Though I'm sure they're probably getting a ton of abuse coming from every direction so I'm not surprised by the silence

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

What sucks is that if they just rolled back the balance changes but left in any stability changes that actually worked, so people could just enjoy the game, it would probably be pretty good!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ironically the best time to play this game was launch week, if you could log in and play without getting all your stuff deleted.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Raged posted:

What are you thinking of getting next so I can avoid it?

Please ignore the fact that the only one of those I avoided was Hood.

Pre-ordered Chivalry 2.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As soon as they started nerfing weapons and abilities in a non-pvp game while making it clear they didnt care if the player felt powerful in a looter shooter game where you're eventually supposed to feel like a god it quickly spiked everything through the basement in quality and it never recovered, even beyond the connection and inventory issues etc

The game was fun until the developer decided it shouldn't be

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Canon answer: PCF were on the right track, but then found out ICR made a thread and there's some universal laws you do not mess with.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

OxMan posted:

Pre-ordered Chivalry 2.

Yeah that's the next "will be fun for 5 minutes until the playerbase immediately dies off and the only people left are the mega-ballerinas". I hope you like arguing about racism because that's all that's left after that point.

Mailer posted:

Canon answer: PCF were on the right track, but then found out ICR made a thread and there's some universal laws you do not mess with.

It is known

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

:laffo:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mailer posted:

'Struth.

I thought by now we would have had a Jason Schieer article by now about how the dev team had a plan to use the game servers to mine cryptocurrency and tried to scare off the playerbase like a Scooby-Doo villain.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Father Wendigo posted:

'Struth.

I thought by now we would have had a Jason Schieer article by now about how the dev team had a plan to use the game servers to mine cryptocurrency and tried to scare off the playerbase like a Scooby-Doo villain.

100% convinced the only reason that Outriders' failure isn't as big of a media shitstorm is because Square and PCF aren't as high profile as CDPR or Bioware/EA.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

it being on game pass certainly suppressed the flow of anger from its 3.5 million players :newlol:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

UnknownMercenary posted:

100% convinced the only reason that Outriders' failure isn't as big of a media shitstorm is because Square and PCF aren't as high profile as CDPR or Bioware/EA.

I also think that while it had issues, it wasn't fundamentally broken on almost all levels. Plus, like you said, the hype factor was infinitesimally lower for this. Other than the sign in issue, this has run very, very well on PS5, and I'm sad they are making MP-balance decisions about their SP game that make it less fun. Want me to play more? Make it so I don't have to run 4 CT13/14 expeditions to get a single legendary which has a seeming 75% chance of being a dupe.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Has the endgame shop rotated yet?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
have a thing also you get a free god-roll legendary you dont have if you log in

quote:

Balancing:
Preamble:
Today’s changes focus primarily on buffing underused skills and improving player survivability via Armour rebalancing. This is only an initial first pass, based on the mass player data that we’re seeing in our analytics. If something has not been mentioned here, do not fret. Work is already underway for upcoming balance passes, which will look at other topics of focus, including legendary drop distribution.

We are also aware that Timed Expeditions remain a point of contention regarding balancing and that they are fundamental problem for many players as their timed nature can drive a too heavily DPS focused meta.

Addressing the root cause of this issue is something that will take a longer time. This is not something we will be able to address as part of the immediately upcoming patches, but we are working on this issue and are continuing to look into what is feasible in the long term.

Balance Notes:
Health on Armor
The Health available on Armor pieces has been increased greatly and rebalanced. It is now possible to effectively double character health by using certain gear pieces.
Previously, investing into improving your health was not providing enough value gain. This change will make it easier to build a greater health pool and survive longer.

Devastator
Reflect Bullets
Reflect Bullets base damage has been increased by 250% (From 0.1 to 0.25 base damage at level 1)
This buff will help players better deal with smaller mobs, but efficiently killing Elites will still require the use of other skills as well.
The base damage dealt by the “Bullet Acceleration” mod has been increased by 330% (From 10 to 33 base damage at level 1)

Impale
The HP Regen granted by the Impale skill has been increased by 50% (From 0.02 to 0.03 base regen at level 1)
The range of the “Vlad’s Grasp” mod has been increased to 100% (Previously: 25%)
Note regarding impale: We are aware that some players would like enemies to be registered as “dead” faster after impalement. Changing this behaviour might have ramifications for the AOE Armour and Health Regen buffs this skill provides, but we’re currently considering what can be done here.

Pyromancer
F.A.S.E.R Beam
F.A.S.E.R Beam base damage has been increased by 100% (From 0.3 to 0.6 base damage at level 1)
F.A.S.E.R Beam’s SPF has been set to 2.1 (Previously: 1.5)
SPF controls how much the F.A.S.E.R Beam skill benefits from Status Power attribute. This change effectively means that the damage from F.A.S.E.R beam may well be doubled (and then some), though the effectiveness of this improvement still depends on the character’s Status Power attribute.
These changes will help this skill kill particularly Riflemen, Berserkers and Shotgunners with ease.
Volcanic Armour mod’s damage reduction has been increased to 65% for both Anomaly and Physical damage. (Previously 50%)

Technomancer
Tool of Destruction
The RPG summoned by Tools of Destruction has had its base damage increased by 66% (From 0.75 to 1.25 base damage at level 1)
The RPG summoned by Tools of Destruction has had its Falloff reduced / Minimum Range increased by 50% (From 200 to 300)
Minimum Range determines to which distance from the epicenter of an explosion/AOE an attack will still deal 100% damage. After reaching the edge of Minimum Range, damage falloff commences.
This change will mean that the RPG now deals 100% of it’s damage over a greater AOE.
The base damage dealt by the “Demolition Man" mod has been increased to 65 (Previously: 35)
These changes will help players one-shot Riflemen, while also putting massive dents into Shotgunners and Berserkers.

Fixing Wave
The healing provided by Fixing Wave has been increased to 65% (Previously: 33%)

Cold Snap
The armour reduction dealt by the “Frostbite” mod has been increased to 100% (Previously 35%)
The base damage dealt by the “Ice Ice Baby” mod has been increased by 300% (From 0.3 to 1.2 base damage at level 1)
These changes will allow players to have an extra “go away mobs” skill and will combine well with the following Freeze Turret change.

Freeze Turret
The duration of Freeze Turret has be increased to 30 units (Previously: 20)
This should increase the Turret’s health by 50% and prolong it’s life.

Trickster
Borrowed Time
The base damage dealt by the “Aggressive Teleportation” mod has been increased by 111% (From 45 to 95 base damage at level 1)
This needed a significant boost to make it more worthy of Legendary status.
Hunt The Prey
The base damage dealt by the “Backstabber” mod has been increased by 100% (From 20 to 40AP base damage at level 1)
Temporal Slice
The base damage dealt by the “Strong Slice” mod has been increased by 71% (From 17.5 to 30 base damage at level 1)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Cool. I got a God rolled High Roller for my Trickster. That's fun.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Good on them I guess? (not directed at you Sal, just a general "nice changes, but probably too little too late")

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's too little, but probably not too late.

Like standard procedure if they actually do have "bigger" plans and reworks coming is to just finish that. and tie it together with whatever their next content they wanted to release with a media/marketing push.

Most people have probably checked out. Do the quick semi balancing stuff for the people who are still playing and finding fun. and then just release whatever content you have planned with the larger changes to expeditions and the like.

Will they pull it off, I wouldn't bet on it, but it's almost never too late if you are given the time and money to actually fix stuff. They said this wasn't a live game at launch and they'd be supporting it with expansions or whatever nonsense. So I figure they at least get one of those to try and change their game's narrative.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Reception to the anomaly buffs seems positive. The health changes theoretically mean you can double your endgame health with all max health pieces but given the nature of endgame that seems like a non-starter. Not convinced yet that the health change matters when damage mitigation itself still isn't really fixed and enemy attacks appear to be percentages of player health to begin with.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Damage being a % of players health would be insane. It would make absolutely no sense to design it that way. So I probably wouldn't be surprised if that were true for this game.

And yeah, what's the point of having more health if the timers are so strict and the rewards so bad if you even miss the first cut off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

bamhand posted:

Damage being a % of players health would be insane. It would make absolutely no sense to design it that way. So I probably wouldn't be surprised if that were true for this game.

And yeah, what's the point of having more health if the timers are so strict and the rewards so bad if you even miss the first cut off?

I can see for solo they have to sort of keep it that way, but in parties you should get more (maybe a lot more?) time, but they take a penalty chunk if anyone is downed, so a group that is built for tankiness can still gold.