Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

:toxx:

Just like last year, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will count on Carbybot using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. Because times are tight right now, I'll probably be capping out at $10, but we'll see.

I'll throw in another $10 to the cap for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Somehow forgot to actually link the LP here, now that I've started it.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Exdeath 0.6 released!

I'm going to rest for a bit before I do any more work.

Please report any issues here or in #ffv-rom-alchemy on the Discord.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I've updated my patch to 3.3, and barring unforseen bugs or last minute balance tweaks at popular opinion, it should be Fiesta ready! Here's the current readme:

E: As I was posting this, I was reminded to add daggers as a drop or steal from a Wind Shrine enemy, and in addition, I'm most likely going to be updating Thief to gain !Open Fire where they gain !Mug while leaving !Combine as their capstone. The rest of their abilities will be knocked down one level as appropriate.

Waddler Rebalance Readme:

Hello there! First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this or even consider playing my rebalance. I really appreciate it! You can feel free to give me critique or suggestions or report any bugs in the FFV Goons Discord server, or message me directly at The Great Waddler#3967 on Discord.

My design goals for this hack are pretty simple: Give the weaker or less interesting jobs more interesting or powerful things to do. In addition to that, I'll be doing my best to fix some old bugs in the game that have been in there forever, ergo the Power Drink not actually increasing your attack and !Mineuchi having the proper paralysis associated with it.

Later on, I'll be releasing a secondary hack alongside this one that fine tunes bosses to be more fun and engaging, but this will always be an optional opt-into hack released in addition to the class rebalance. It will not be pure numbers go up, and in fact, it will include some things like tanking Omega's Evade so that non-!Rapidfire or Stoplock means of hurting it exist.

Here are the general changes from the base game to the hack!

#Class Specific Changes

#Monk
- Attributes: Monk's base magic stat is now 24 (previously 1)
- Equipment: Monk can now equip Staff weapons and mage armors.
- Equipment: The Kaiser Knuckles now grant Always: Haste in addition to their other effects.
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !White magic in place of HP+10%
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !Spellblade in place of HP+20%
- Skills: Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter. Counter is still innate.
- General: Fists are now Magic Sword OK.

#Thief
- Skills: Thieves now gain Read Ahead in place of Find Passage. Find Passage is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain Long Reach in place of Sprint. Sprint is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Open Fire in place of Steal. Steal is still their primary skill.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Combine in place of Artful Dodger. Artful Dodger has been moved to level 6.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Mug one level earlier, in place of Vigilance. Vigilance is still innate to Thieves.
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant +5 speed (previously +3 speed)
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste. They are still only equippable by Thieves and Freelancers.
- Drops: Shot for the Thief's new !Combine skill has been added to the drop pools.
- Drops: Buckshot is now a guaranteed drop from Black Flames in World 1, Birostris in World 2, and the Elm Gigas in World 3.
- Drops: Blastshot is now a guaranteed drop from Blood Slimes in World 2, and the Executors in World 3
- Drops: Blitzshot is now a guaranteed drop from Mummies in World 3.

#Geomancer
- Attributes: Geomancer's base strenegth is now 35 (previously 28)
- Attributes: Geomancer's base magic is now 52 (previously 48)
- Equipment: Geomancers can now equip Axes.
- Equipment: Geomancer can now equip Rods.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Axes in place of Find Pits. Find Pits is still innate to the Geomancer.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Rods in place of Light Step. Light Step is still innate to the Geomancer.

#Dragoon
- Attributes: Dragoon's base strength is now 48 (previously 42)
- Attributes: Dragoon's base magic is now 35 (previously 12)
- Skills: Dragoons now learn Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is purely so that Dragoons cannot pass on Spears.
- Equipment: All spears but Longinus and the Dragon Lance have had their attack values raised significantly.

#Berserker
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate Counter so that the violence will continue even when off their turn. (Currently bugged)
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate 2-Handed so that the violence will be greater than ever before.
- Skills: Berserkers now learn Exp Up in place of Berserk. Berserk is still innate to the Berserker.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe has First Strike.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe's attack is now 102 (previously 71).
- Equipment: The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 100% of the time (previously 25%)

#White Mage
- Equipment: White Mages can now equip Hammers in addition to Staff weapons.
- Skills: White Mages now gain !Revive in place of MP+10%

#Dancer
- Attributes: Dancer's base vitality is now 22 (previously 14).

#Red Mage
- Design Notes: Red Mage has been redesigned from the ground up. This was intended to fill their niche as a unique hybrid rather than a sub-par fighter and mage past world 2.
- Skills: Red Mage's primary command is now !Dualcast, instead of !Red. Later, they will have three empty slots with !Dualcast taking place of !Attack but this is unfeasible for the moment.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Red level 3 in place of !Red level 1.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Focus in place of !Red level 2. This is to facilitate being able to fight rather than being a pure caster.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Time level 3 in place of !Red level 3, which was moved to an earlier level.
- Skills: !Dualcast remains unchanged for now, being a 999 ABP capstone. Its cost to learn will reduce in the future.
- Equipment: Red Mages can now equip Flails and Bows in addition to their other weapon types.

#Summoner
- Skills: Summoners now learn !Call as their first ability, rather than !Summon level 1. Summoner learns the !Summon skills as they gain ABP in the job as normal, with the capstone being !Summon level 5.

#Knight
- Skills: Knights now learn !Blade Blitz in place of Equip Armor.

#Ranger
- Skills: Rangers have !Aim in place of !Attack.
- Skills: Rangers primary skill is now !Animals in place of !Aim.

#Gladiator
- Equipment: Gladiators can no longer equip the spear type weapon.

#Oracle
- Equipment: Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives

#Monsters
- Drops: The Reflect Knight now has Reflect Rings in both drop slots.
- Drops: The Metamorph now has the Staff of Light in both drop slots.
- Drops: The wild Garula now rarely drops the Thief Knife.

#General
- Equipment: The Thief Knife has been lowered to 18 base attack power, but is now available in Walse as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula. This is to facilitate early criming for parties that lack a Thief.
- Equipment: Spear's (Steal: Shell Bear) Attack value has increased from 25 -> 49
- Equipment: Javelin's (Steal: Sand Bear) Attack Value has increased from 55 -> 60, and is now a (Common) Steal from Bone Dragons. Sand Bears now have Ethers in place of their previous Steal.
- Equipment: Mythril Spear's (Karnak) Attack value has increased from 30 to 37.
- Equipment: Trident's (Jachol) Attack value has increased from 38 to 48.
- Equipment: Wind Spear's (Manticore, W2 shops) Attack value has increased from 44 to 52.
- Equipment: Heavy Lance's (Surgate) Attack value has increaseed from 54 to 57.
- Equipment: Partisan's (Ziggurat Gigas) Attack value has increased from 62 to 85.
- Equipment: The Holy Lance's (Weapon. Legendary. One of twelve of them.) Attack value has increased from 109 to 113.
- Equipment: Longinus' (Steal: Stingray now) Attack value has been lowered from 132 to 121. Its Strength bonus has increased to +5. It is now available before the postgame.

Version Changes:
#3.1:
- Updated Ranger, Summoner, gave Thief and Knight the Cannoneer and Gladiator abilities.
- Rune Axe now grants First Strike.
- Thief Gauntlet now grants Always: Haste.
- Logged a bug where Spears are not two handable. This will be fixed in a later patch.
- Fixed a bug where Berserker was dual wielding rather than two handing.
- Logged a bug where the Moonring Blade was not usable to cast Haste. As a workaround, the Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste but are only equippable by Thieves.

#3.2:
- Geomancer's strength has increased to 35 (previously 28)
- Dragoon now gains Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is intended to leave spears as a niche for Dragoons and Freelancers with their buffs.
- Dancer's vitality has increased to 22 (previously 14). This is to put it on par with mages.
- The Thief Knife's damage has been lowered to a base of 18. To compensate for this, it is now available in world 1 as a rare drop off of the fleeing Garula. The Thief Knife in Mirage is still available, but is similarly weaker.
- All spears but the Dragon Lance and Longinus have had their attack stat increased to lean into the Dragoon niche of hitting as hard as possible, but only once. They are similarly only equippable by Dragoons, Freelancers, and Oracles now. This is an indirect nerf to Gladiator I suppose.
- Longinus is now available earlier than the Sealed Temple, though it has been slightly weakened for this. It is now a rare steal from Stingray in World 3.
- Spears are no longer Throwable.
- Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter.
- Dragoon's base strength has increased to 48 (previously 42)
- Geomancers can now equip Axes and Hammers.
- Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives.
- The Rune Axe's base attack is now 90 (previously 71).
- The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 50% of the time (previously 25%)
#Bugs:
- Noted a bug where Berserkers cannot counter attack due to being Berserk. This will be fixed in a later patch.

#3.2.1
#Bugs
- Found a bug where Red Mage was not receiving three empty slots as they should be. Will require more major editing to repair, for now as a workaround, Red Mage has !Attack, !Dualcast, an empty slot, and !Item.

#3.3
#Bugs
- With help from Síle, repaired the bug where classes would not learn magic abilities properly without having the levels prior.
#Updates
- !Combine is now Thief's capstone ability, costing 300 ABP. Their level 5 ability is now !Mug, while level 6 is Artful Dodger.
- Shots of varying sorts have been added as guaranteed drops in select locations in each world. Buckshot is available in World 1, Buck and Blast are available in World 2, and all three are available in World 3. The location/enemy for each is noted in the Thief entry.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, Berserker Risk can give you multiple zerks (depending on donations and RK meddling) on anything that isn't Normal.

Wait what? For once I remembered to pre-reg for Risk and I miss out on the wonders of multiple serkers. :smith:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

pretty sure you can repreregister and it overrides your previous one until The Run Occurs.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Registered for popular with risk. lets see if I kepp motivatet for more than 1 run this year.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I believe I was the only one that did my :toxx: last year so I went ahead and fulfilled it:

Also, signed up for #regChaos #BERSERKERRISK again this time!

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

FeyerbrandX posted:

pretty sure you can repreregister and it overrides your previous one until The Run Occurs.

Yeah, just tried it and it's already updated on the page.

Did four runs last year, including some of my first triple crowns. Don't know if I'll have the same amount of free time this summer, but I'll certainly try to see if I can't match it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

If #blame is back then I might do that as a second run. Something fun to grind on another monitor while levelling in TBC classic.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kazinsal posted:

If #blame is back then I might do that as a second run. Something fun to grind on another monitor while levelling in TBC classic.

I can't actually put my finger on which of those sounds more miserable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I can't actually put my finger on which of those sounds more miserable.
You can't play MMOs at 3x speed.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Galick posted:

I've updated my patch to 3.3, and barring unforseen bugs or last minute balance tweaks at popular opinion, it should be Fiesta ready! Here's the current readme:

E: As I was posting this, I was reminded to add daggers as a drop or steal from a Wind Shrine enemy, and in addition, I'm most likely going to be updating Thief to gain !Open Fire where they gain !Mug while leaving !Combine as their capstone. The rest of their abilities will be knocked down one level as appropriate.

Waddler Rebalance Readme:

Hello there! First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this or even consider playing my rebalance. I really appreciate it! You can feel free to give me critique or suggestions or report any bugs in the FFV Goons Discord server, or message me directly at The Great Waddler#3967 on Discord.

My design goals for this hack are pretty simple: Give the weaker or less interesting jobs more interesting or powerful things to do. In addition to that, I'll be doing my best to fix some old bugs in the game that have been in there forever, ergo the Power Drink not actually increasing your attack and !Mineuchi having the proper paralysis associated with it.

Later on, I'll be releasing a secondary hack alongside this one that fine tunes bosses to be more fun and engaging, but this will always be an optional opt-into hack released in addition to the class rebalance. It will not be pure numbers go up, and in fact, it will include some things like tanking Omega's Evade so that non-!Rapidfire or Stoplock means of hurting it exist.

Here are the general changes from the base game to the hack!

#Class Specific Changes

#Monk
- Attributes: Monk's base magic stat is now 24 (previously 1)
- Equipment: Monk can now equip Staff weapons and mage armors.
- Equipment: The Kaiser Knuckles now grant Always: Haste in addition to their other effects.
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !White magic in place of HP+10%
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !Spellblade in place of HP+20%
- Skills: Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter. Counter is still innate.
- General: Fists are now Magic Sword OK.

#Thief
- Skills: Thieves now gain Read Ahead in place of Find Passage. Find Passage is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain Long Reach in place of Sprint. Sprint is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Open Fire in place of Steal. Steal is still their primary skill.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Combine in place of Artful Dodger. Artful Dodger has been moved to level 6.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Mug one level earlier, in place of Vigilance. Vigilance is still innate to Thieves.
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant +5 speed (previously +3 speed)
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste. They are still only equippable by Thieves and Freelancers.
- Drops: Shot for the Thief's new !Combine skill has been added to the drop pools.
- Drops: Buckshot is now a guaranteed drop from Black Flames in World 1, Birostris in World 2, and the Elm Gigas in World 3.
- Drops: Blastshot is now a guaranteed drop from Blood Slimes in World 2, and the Executors in World 3
- Drops: Blitzshot is now a guaranteed drop from Mummies in World 3.

#Geomancer
- Equipment: Geomancer can now equip Rods.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Axes in place of Find Pits. Find Pits is still innate to the Geomancer.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Rods in place of Light Step. Light Step is still innate to the Geomancer.

#Dragoon
- Attributes: Dragoon's base strength is now 48 (previously 42)
- Attributes: Dragoon's base magic is now 35 (previously 12)
- Skills: Dragoons now learn Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is purely so that Dragoons cannot pass on Spears.
- Equipment: All spears but Longinus and the Dragon Lance have had their attack values raised significantly.

#Berserker
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate Counter so that the violence will continue even when off their turn. (Currently bugged)
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate 2-Handed so that the violence will be greater than ever before.
- Skills: Berserkers now learn Exp Up in place of Berserk. Berserk is still innate to the Berserker.
- Equipment: The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 100% of the time (previously 25%)

#White Mage
- Equipment: White Mages can now equip Hammers in addition to Staff weapons.
- Skills: White Mages now gain !Revive in place of MP+10%

#Dancer
- Attributes: Dancer's base vitality is now 22 (previously 14).

#Red Mage
- Design Notes: Red Mage has been redesigned from the ground up. This was intended to fill their niche as a unique hybrid rather than a sub-par fighter and mage past world 2.
- Skills: Red Mage's primary command is now !Dualcast, instead of !Red. Later, they will have three empty slots with !Dualcast taking place of !Attack but this is unfeasible for the moment.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Red level 3 in place of !Red level 1.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Focus in place of !Red level 2. This is to facilitate being able to fight rather than being a pure caster.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Time level 3 in place of !Red level 3, which was moved to an earlier level.
- Skills: !Dualcast remains unchanged for now, being a 999 ABP capstone. Its cost to learn will reduce in the future.
- Equipment: Red Mages can now equip Flails and Bows in addition to their other weapon types.

#Summoner
- Skills: Summoners now learn !Call as their first ability, rather than !Summon level 1. Summoner learns the !Summon skills as they gain ABP in the job as normal, with the capstone being !Summon level 5.

#Knight
- Skills: Knights now learn !Blade Blitz in place of Equip Armor.

#Ranger
- Skills: Rangers have !Aim in place of !Attack.
- Skills: Rangers primary skill is now !Animals in place of !Aim.

#Gladiator
- Equipment: Gladiators can no longer equip the spear type weapon.

#Oracle
- Equipment: Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives

#Monsters
- Drops: The Reflect Knight now has Reflect Rings in both drop slots.
- Drops: The Metamorph now has the Staff of Light in both drop slots.
- Drops: The wild Garula now rarely drops the Thief Knife.

#General
- Equipment: The Thief Knife has been lowered to 18 base attack power, but is now available in Walse as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula. This is to facilitate early criming for parties that lack a Thief.
- Equipment: Spear's (Steal: Shell Bear) Attack value has increased from 25 -> 49
- Equipment: Javelin's (Steal: Sand Bear) Attack Value has increased from 55 -> 60, and is now a (Common) Steal from Bone Dragons. Sand Bears now have Ethers in place of their previous Steal.
- Equipment: Mythril Spear's (Karnak) Attack value has increased from 30 to 37.
- Equipment: Trident's (Jachol) Attack value has increased from 38 to 48.
- Equipment: Wind Spear's (Manticore, W2 shops) Attack value has increased from 44 to 52.
- Equipment: Heavy Lance's (Surgate) Attack value has increaseed from 54 to 57.
- Equipment: Partisan's (Ziggurat Gigas) Attack value has increased from 62 to 85.
- Equipment: The Holy Lance's (Weapon. Legendary. One of twelve of them.) Attack value has increased from 109 to 113.
- Equipment: Longinus' (Steal: Stingray now) Attack value has been lowered from 132 to 121. Its Strength bonus has increased to +5. It is now available before the postgame.

Version Changes:
#3.1:
- Updated Ranger, Summoner, gave Thief and Knight the Cannoneer and Gladiator abilities.
- Rune Axe now grants First Strike.
- Thief Gauntlet now grants Always: Haste.
- Logged a bug where Spears are not two handable. This will be fixed in a later patch.
- Fixed a bug where Berserker was dual wielding rather than two handing.
- Logged a bug where the Moonring Blade was not usable to cast Haste. As a workaround, the Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste but are only equippable by Thieves.

#3.2:
- Geomancer's strength has increased to 35 (previously 28)
- Dragoon now gains Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is intended to leave spears as a niche for Dragoons and Freelancers with their buffs.
- Dancer's vitality has increased to 22 (previously 14). This is to put it on par with mages.
- The Thief Knife's damage has been lowered to a base of 18. To compensate for this, it is now available in world 1 as a rare drop off of the fleeing Garula. The Thief Knife in Mirage is still available, but is similarly weaker.
- All spears but the Dragon Lance and Longinus have had their attack stat increased to lean into the Dragoon niche of hitting as hard as possible, but only once. They are similarly only equippable by Dragoons, Freelancers, and Oracles now. This is an indirect nerf to Gladiator I suppose.
- Longinus is now available earlier than the Sealed Temple, though it has been slightly weakened for this. It is now a rare steal from Stingray in World 3.
- Spears are no longer Throwable.
- Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter.
- Dragoon's base strength has increased to 48 (previously 42)
- Geomancers can now equip Axes and Hammers.
- Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives.
- The Rune Axe's base attack is now 90 (previously 71).
- The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 50% of the time (previously 25%)
#Bugs:
- Noted a bug where Berserkers cannot counter attack due to being Berserk. This will be fixed in a later patch.

#3.2.1
#Bugs
- Found a bug where Red Mage was not receiving three empty slots as they should be. Will require more major editing to repair, for now as a workaround, Red Mage has !Attack, !Dualcast, an empty slot, and !Item.

#3.3
#Bugs
- With help from Síle, repaired the bug where classes would not learn magic abilities properly without having the levels prior.
#Updates
- !Combine is now Thief's capstone ability, costing 300 ABP. Their level 5 ability is now !Mug, while level 6 is Artful Dodger.
- Shots of varying sorts have been added as guaranteed drops in select locations in each world. Buckshot is available in World 1, Buck and Blast are available in World 2, and all three are available in World 3. The location/enemy for each is noted in the Thief entry.

I'm very excited to use both this and play again with the boss patch later on

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1401846091062988806
https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1401846401345064961

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 7, 2021

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hlo goons I'm playing ffv for the first time and I have a q. I spent alot of time grinding the Objets d'Ar to the point that each character has like three mastered classes. Should I change them all to freelancer and move on or is it beneficial to grind out mastering the rest of the jobs and then continue on as freelancer?

Thanks

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hlo goons I'm playing ffv for the first time and I have a q. I spent alot of time grinding the Objets d'Ar to the point that each character has like three mastered classes. Should I change them all to freelancer and move on or is it beneficial to grind out mastering the rest of the jobs and then continue on as freelancer?

Thanks

it's not even close to necessary. you're probably good as-is

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet thank you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

no prob. fiesta runners beat the game at like level 23 and likely don't have but maybe one job mastered, playing more casually you're way better set up. there's only one big stat check in the final boss battle and I'm certain you're already there

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Galick posted:

oh poo poo
:black101:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oldskool posted:

oh poo poo
:black101:

I'm very excited to use this patch

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Blue/Bard/Black/Ninja is a good team

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Can they win before RK goes to bed?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Blue/Bard/Black/Binja

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I was hoping for Blue/Black/Berserker/Bard, and am now tempted to run it myself.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Blu alone should cut down their time by an hour or two if they use speedrun strats

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nasgate posted:

Blu alone should cut down their time by an hour or two if they use speedrun strats

To be fair, Dragondarch has demonstrated an utter disdain for BLU-based shenanigans in the past.

Well, anything involving Level X spells, that is. He loves trying to level-sync gunch, to his detriment.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Will they rearrange the jobs so they don't have to use only Blue until after the 3rd crystal?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shyfted One posted:

Will they rearrange the jobs so they don't have to use only Blue until after the 3rd crystal?
Probably not, because of the official stance about romhacks still being "I'm not happy about it, but I can't stop you".

And it's not like "I have to only use Blue Mages and Freelancers with !Blue" is a particularly huge detriment.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shyfted One posted:

Probably not, but honestly, solo Blue Mage can take you to the Bard unlock with no problems whatsoever. Frog Song for Garula, Rod Snapping for Liquid Flame/Ifrit/Byblos, Aero and Vampire for everything else.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair, Dragondarch has demonstrated an utter disdain for BLU-based shenanigans in the past.

Well, anything involving Level X spells, that is. He loves trying to level-sync gunch, to his detriment.

Tbf, gunch speeds up the first part of the game a lot. Knowing DD though, he probably tries to gunch way later doesn't he?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nasgate posted:

Tbf, gunch speeds up the first part of the game a lot. Knowing DD though, he probably tries to gunch way later doesn't he?

Last time BLU came up in The Run, he tried to game his levels to have one character with gunch power against every boss it was feasible against.

This led to him game overing (without saving!) in the Wind Shrine because he was careless grinding EXP for a solo Faris.

(Also, him gunching way later wasn't QUITE as much of a problem since they had Chemist on that run too, so he just shunned Death By Math for a different, less efficient form of Death By Math.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 7, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

grinding EXP for a solo Faris
why

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

She needed to be Level 8 so that she could gunch Magisa and Forza. :pseudo:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, but why sol-

So he could Gunch Karl Boss with someone else. :cripes:

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

girl dick energy posted:

Okay, but why sol-

as painful as it is in real time, I do enjoy that his strats end up making him the human Rube Goldberg machine

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

girl dick energy posted:

Okay, but why sol-

Karl Boss, Siren, Garula. Levels 5, 2, 3. SCIENCE.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Beating every single boss with Goblin Punch actually sounds like a fun challenge. You'd probably need a Chemist to make it feasible though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Incoming toxx?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

Beating every single boss with Goblin Punch actually sounds like a fun challenge. You'd probably need a Chemist to make it feasible though.

Alxprit posted:

Incoming toxx?
NED's final levels 86, 83, 81, and 67.

That's some complicated Death By Math. You prooobably want to plan the full run out ahead of time.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Feasible yes but dragondarch is not that thing. He has bard to level up and can just bop them to stop leveling and blue can old or halve level so it's perfectly... It can be done.

So he'll try it.