Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

The "James" in the thread title is supposed to be pronounced "Hy-mees", right?
hey! what's good s-chad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Kenny Logins posted:

hey! what's good s-chad

Not my posting, ammirite?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

The "James" in the thread title is supposed to be pronounced "Hy-mees", right?

no i think it's pronounced like "thames" but starting with a j obviously

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTJFhbo9zY

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I would not recommend DS3 to a person who is new to the Dark Souls series.

It's very much a Black Label version of DS1 for people who have already played DS1 to death. All the enemies and bosses are essentially toughened-up versions of various DS1 encounters designed to punish people who are already used to DS1's style of combat and level of difficulty. Also it has a bunch of callbacks to DS1 (it mostly pretends DS2 didn't exist). I'm biased against it because I feel that it's a really half-assed attempt at making a cross-platform Bloodborne with a coat of Dark Souls paint on it, but without any of the things that actually made Bloodborne good.

DS1 and DS2 are both good introductions to the series I feel. DS2 is ... divisive. I started with it and I liked it a lot. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the series, but it also has some unique twists to the gameplay and noticeably more content than all of the other games. Just make sure you level up the Adaptibility stat a few times, otherwise you'll have hardly any dodge iframes and absolutely no in-game indication as to why.

Sekiro is also pretty good, although again the style of combat is very different. Might be a bit tough for a newcomer but who knows, maybe you'll enjoy it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sapozhnik posted:

I would not recommend DS

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:wrong:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

getting back into snow runner
giving the russian maps a try since I avoided them entirely in my last foray

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

carry on then posted:

i'm happy to be back playing mass effect again and i don't care what anyone says

Meh, replaying it is just ok. The graphics improvements are mostly imperceptible since last time I played it was so long ago, and all the cool story beats have no impact since I already know them.

I'm happy they thay are reviving the franchise tho

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
pokemon sweatshop owns

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they're crying while they make weapons, smoka. have some mercy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

they're crying while they make weapons, smoka. have some mercy

the sheep bullet shield lmao

https://twitter.com/lazypinez/status/1401286602761162754

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl posted:

pokemon sweatshop owns

Pokémon AR-15

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kinda glad to see a game address the exploitative economy of the pokemon world directly

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
definitely has dungeon keeper vibes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i always thought pokemon could use some shooting mechanics

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

SmokaDustbowl posted:

definitely has dungeon keeper vibes

i played through dungeon keeper 2 at some point in the last year, that game is /still/ fun as poo poo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm wondering what those random, generic bandits are all about. at least team rocket had some sort of fashion vibe going on

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

psiox posted:

i played through dungeon keeper 2 at some point in the last year, that game is /still/ fun as poo poo

War for the Overworld is pretty good iirc

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i've never played dungeon keeper, it looks fun. i've been thinking about "evil genius" lately which is like an austin powers villain simulator

oh poo poo they made a sequel tha tjust came out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-VbYMb_YI

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

dioxazine posted:

i'm wondering what those random, generic bandits are all about. at least team rocket had some sort of fashion vibe going on

from all appearances the player character is team rocket in this one

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

jesus WEP posted:

never tried a souls game, might give one a shot. what’s the best one to play first? i have a ps4 but would prefer to play on pc, so maybe not bloodborne even if it’s the best one

its really too bad you can't play bloodborne because i bounced off dark souls halfway through but played bloodborne all the way and did absolutely everything and loved every minute

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its really too bad you can't play bloodborne because i bounced off dark souls halfway through but played bloodborne all the way and did absolutely everything and loved every minute
i mean i can play bloodborne i just don’t really like to tie our one television up with james for hours on end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i mean i can play bloodborne i just don’t really like to tie our one television up with james for hours on end

get a switch jwep

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have one op

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

jesus WEP posted:

i have one op

the once and future op

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i don't know why i bought a switch

i think it's because i wanted to play fe3h on it despite having never played any fire emblem games before and i've only played it for about an hour or thereabout

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

SmokaDustbowl posted:

War for the Overworld is pretty good iirc

oh god it's one of those games with a zillion 'DLC's

i'll wait for the complete edition to be $20 on gog in a few years i guess

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

botw was worth the console price alone

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus WEP posted:

eq

i have sunk skyrim levels of time in that game and, even with quests complete, i still return every so often to wander and explore just like skyrim. nintendo made a less buggy, better physics, elder scrolls with more satisfying and harrowing combat and puzzles

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

from all appearances the player character is team rocket in this one

yeah, that's fair.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i have one op

awesome

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

If you liked the first FLATOUT you'll enjoy this as well - WRECKFEST doesn't go on sale very often, this is as good a deal as I've seen.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11732/Wreckfest_Complete_Edition/

You can just buy the base game if you want to spend less. I'm going to pick up the two Season passes for more tracks & cars.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If you liked the first FLATOUT you'll enjoy this as well - WRECKFEST doesn't go on sale very often, this is as good a deal as I've seen.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/11732/Wreckfest_Complete_Edition/

You can just buy the base game if you want to spend less. I'm going to pick up the two Season passes for more tracks & cars.

thanks for the heads up on this i was curious to try it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that game is fun but i suck at it. its got lawnmowers and school busses you can drive

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

jesus WEP posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qucxi1DHwE1upp723_720.mp4

https://www.freegameplanet.com/buttlympics-explosive-diarrhea-pole-vaulting-browser-game/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol teabreak video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IC774JqA4

I don't play MMOs etc (apart from my recent dabble with FO76) but while I knew people paid IRL cash for cosmetics (and PTW stuff), I didn't realise the actual amounts of money spent. $38k IRL real dollaroos for a pink dog companion :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Gonna buy the gently caress out of CK3 when the summer sale starts. Gonna blind and castrate so fukkin many Greek opponents.

:boom: