Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

girl dick energy posted:

NED's final levels 86, 83, 81, and 67.

That's some complicated Death By Math. You prooobably want to plan the full run out ahead of time.

and treedeath is 77

This is starting to sound like my kind of challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What rate does stuff like L2 old or hero song function at? 1 level per ATB tick?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zerilan posted:

What rate does stuff like L2 old or hero song function at? 1 level per ATB tick?

Old is per tick; Hero Song (and all stat-boosting bard songs) are on each on the singer's turns (hence why you use Speed Song first).

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Old is per tick; Hero Song (and all stat-boosting bard songs) are on each on the singer's turns (hence why you use Speed Song first).

Is there some visual way of telling when each singer turn happens once they're singing? Think they just have like the static bar during it?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

not really. the best indicator you can have is casting mighty march, then while hero's song levels you up you'll start seeing the regen ticks getting bigger and bigger.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
:toxx:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

nrook posted:

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'll post a video where I sell all twelve in the first run I get without Berserker or Freelancer (because no loving way would I ever sell the Rune Axe if I can use it).

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

nrook posted:

This is an excellent toxx.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
It is quite good. There's never any reason to use more than one or two Legendary Weapon. I can only think of a few that are happiest with theirs? (Berserker, Bard, Samurai, White & maybe Black Mage).

e: Flame Lash is also pretty great if you can boost their Magic stat.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

nrook posted:

Hell yeah. That's about a dollar per run for hunting down tablets I'd probably grab anyways.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Ace Transmuter posted:

It is quite good. There's never any reason to use more than one or two Legendary Weapon. I can only think of a few that are happiest with theirs? (Berserker, Bard, Samurai, White & maybe Black Mage).

Excalibur is the best Knight option until the very end unless you have the Brave Blade. Yoichi's Bow is nice if another class desperately needs the Chicken Knife. Same goes for Sasuke's Katana.

Unless you enjoy farming, Holy Lance is also as good as it gets for Dragoon. :smith:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Poor poor Dragoon, the most mediocre class.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Drag-on, Dragoon.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Dragoondarch

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Dragoons could've been at least somewhat decent if Lances had anything remotely approaching a sensible weapon power scale.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The saddest thing about Dragoons is meeting the occasional enemy in World 3 who resists Holy and having to slowly whittle them to death with the Partizan.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

The saddest thing about Dragoons is meeting the occasional enemy in World 3 who resists Holy and having to slowly whittle them to death with the Partizan.

Gargoyles punish holy AND single-target attackers, they're a dragoon's best friend. And they're mandatory fights at every tablet dungeon. :shepicide:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ace Transmuter posted:

Rune Axe: Titan's axe is available in Istory Falls. Not quite as good but without a magic command, is comparable. With a magic command, you still have Gaia
Gaia Bell: If you're attacking with geomancer you're doing something wrong. Rune chime and Tinklebell also more powerful(just no earthquake)
Yoichi's Bow: If you're using a bow, Artemis(in Istory Falls) is stronger. Though it has a lower crit chance
Apollo's Harp: While unreplaceable in a vacuum, it's useful only a couple times compared to singing or using another command
Masamune: While the first strike passive and haste cast are great, Murakumo(stolen from Yojimbos) has 10 more atk and 5% more crit chance.
Excalibur: Revoke tradition, embrace the Brave Blade. Defender isn't much weaker until you get Ragnarok which is a large improvement.
Assassin's Dagger: I do not remember a single time this was anything more than filler or a proc fisher. CK and, if you have Dancer, Man-Eater are better
Magus Rod: You either have the apropriate rod to boost already or can cast Flare. Lillith also gives you a bonus to Magic stat
Sasuke's Katana: Probably the only unreplaceable weapon. There's no upgrade. Many comps can probably work around not having it without suffering though.
Holy Lance: Steal a Dragon Lance, Kill Shinryu, Spit in the face of god as you jump on one portion of Exdeath.
Sage's Staff: Holy does plenty of damage without the boost, or replace it with Rune Chime because Geo is good, actually. The raise ability is replaceable by spending mana.
Fire Bute: Farm a whisker if you're insane, snatch a dozen off Shinryu for fun. The firaga proc is only good with a high magic stat, meaning you can cast magic.

Side note: while going through and double checking myself I noticed most improvements are in the same general area just before Halicarnassus, or in Istory Falls

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dragoons have heavy armor (including shields like the Aegis Shield) and !Lance is OK on mages for random fights, to refill without using Ethers. Geos can at least carry you most of the way through World 1.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dragoon works well in some parties and not in others.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Dragoon is a mediocre class in a game where 75% of the classes are good or better.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Yeah, Dragoon and Geomancer are fine, it's just that this is a game where "fine" puts you in the bottom quartile

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Nasgate posted:

Yoichi's Bow: If you're using a bow, Artemis(in Istory Falls) is stronger. Though it has a lower crit chance

Thanks to the crit chance, unless your enemy is a magical beast Yoichi is strictly better if you have some way to guarantee a hit, like, say, aim or rapid fire. Even an equip bow'd berserker does more damage on average with Yoichi, especially if the enemy has high defense.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 8, 2021

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Unreal_One posted:

Thanks to the crit chance, unless your enemy is a magical beast Yoichi is strictly better if you have some way to guarantee a hit, like, say, aim or rapid fire. Even an equip bow'd berserker does more damage on average with Yoichi, especially if the enemy has high defense.

Yeah but the difference is still marginal enough that there's no reason to not sell it for the toxx.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I almost always pick the Assassin's Dagger because it's an all-around useful weapon, especially just for normal fights or grinding up. It's detrimental when fighting undead but overall it's just a high-damage weapon that almost anyone can use, with a handy proc. Best in slot, maybe not, but not every class can effectively use chicken knife either.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

There was a Goblin Punch boss toxx last year by Arrrthritis, I'm surprised it wasn't more popular as it was one of my favorite things like ever. I filled one of the pages with webms including crit kills on Neo Exdeath and Omega.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

palindrome posted:

I almost always pick the Assassin's Dagger because it's an all-around useful weapon, especially just for normal fights or grinding up. It's detrimental when fighting undead but overall it's just a high-damage weapon that almost anyone can use, with a handy proc. Best in slot, maybe not, but not every class can effectively use chicken knife either.

Unless you end up with all Monks and White Mages, you can use it to kill TwinTania easily. Can also heal a Bone Mail user with it!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Doom Goon posted:

There was a Goblin Punch boss toxx last year by Arrrthritis, I'm surprised it wasn't more popular as it was one of my favorite things like ever. I filled one of the pages with webms including crit kills on Neo Exdeath and Omega.

I thought this sounded familiar but I forgot how impressive it was

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
My friend, he said he'd draw me a thing and I had but one request. Color coming at some point in the future lol.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Vernatio posted:

My friend, he said he'd draw me a thing and I had but one request. Color coming at some point in the future lol.

the HD remaster

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Vernatio posted:

:five:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The new banner ad for the thread is great! :black101:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

One of my friends just sent me this.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finished my pre-fiesta warmup running The Run's comp. Had a lot of dumb messing around trying to get blu mage shenanigans to work despite running at lower level than I should. BLM's firepower does a lot to cover for when BLU can't trivialize things. Probably spent more time trying to get a stingray to give me bigguard than I spent in all of world 2.
Also spent like 2 hours and several attempts fighting NED to be able to pull off the ultimate blue magic finish.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

5-Headed Snake God posted:

One of my friends just sent me this.

You should cross post this into LP Thread, where they're currently talking about money.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

mp5 posted:

the HD remaster

Funny you say that.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

OMG.

Oh, before I forget, I'm doing the GBA Randomizer :toxx: again, same as last time:
Mild runs only. $1.10 per goon up to 20 for every goon that completes a run to the end (must complete a standard run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFV4JF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs). It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.
:siren:Also, make sure you use the clean unpatched Final Fantasy V Advance US ROM (CRC32 7A24AB0C)! You'll get game-breaking errors with the EU version or patched ROMs that change job stuff.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Flashbacks to trying the Sealed Temple once and running around in a bad RPGMaker dungeon with 10 screen long walkways of random encounters and repetitive tilesets, and really dumb difficulty poo poo tossed across the map randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh cool Brigador just got a huge update, whoops forgot that the company is ran by a gigantic transphobe and racist never mind (This was a PSA)