Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

oh man i want some of those pins but not enough to justify buying a card game i’ll never have an opportunity to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

watho posted:

oh man i want some of those pins but not enough to justify buying a card game i’ll never have an opportunity to play

You can get a blind box of 5 for $35

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I hope they sell the pins separate, I'd love to have a Godhead and Brimstone one.

motherfucker Lil' Hunter still being a bastard all these years later

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

You can get a blind box of 5 for $35

I'm down, I really want that guppy pin

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I just had the most insane Lost run to beat Beast, but not in "Wow everything dies when I look at it way."

No, I had literally the safest Lost run I could have. Bot Fly, Psy Fly, Dry Baby, Dead Cat, BFFs. I only got Psy Fly from a Key bum payout on the Ascent no less.

I still died 4 times during the Beast fight but I have never had an easier Dogma fight.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I''ve been a big fan of the card game since the first edition and its amazing to see all these other indie games being represented in it now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I just don't have most of the problems with Jacob and Esau that many seem to have. I think the worst thing with them for me is the awkward controls for dropping your cards/trinkets. And of course the separation on the Beast fight is not good. But since I finished the game I've been running them to see if I was just crazy or not and I am fairly strong run after run--have won Alt path, True Path, Light path and Dark path almost consecutively(used Esau Jr not knowing about the bug and ruined a probable alt-path win). Didn't have anything that I'd call overpowered during these runs and didn't use any donation machine money.

There are definitely a few drawbacks but overall the strengths of this character outweigh the drawbacks for me big time.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mr. Locke posted:

It's not a 'huge liability.' You take two extra damage once during the fight and it's only really bad in Hush/Delirium because they're bugged as gently caress and it's impossible to hang onto the glass cannon intact reliably because sometimes they just go 'lol' and slap you without chance to avoid it.

Yeah the way the wiki worded the penalty is wrong as hell. You don't take 2 full hearts of damage every time you take damage, it's just once and you're just stuck with the broken cannon for 4 rooms. And the initial damage can't kill you unless the hit you took would have killed you without having Glass Cannon in your inventory. It's in a far better place than after its initial nerf back in the AB era.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Damocles has become a must take after I watched a youtube vid about the item and noticed that it sometimes took hours before the sword fell. The chance is so stupid small that even without extra lives, it's a great pick

It's a lot stronger than in Antibirth because each instance of damage you took there increased its chance of falling. It's fixed at 1/10000 after the first hit no matter what in Repentance.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Managed to beat hush with an ipecac build on lost. Tractor beam, anti-grav, kidney stone let me just burst him Everytime he emerged.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Araxxor posted:

Yeah the way the wiki worded the penalty is wrong as hell. You don't take 2 full hearts of damage every time you take damage, it's just once and you're just stuck with the broken cannon for 4 rooms. And the initial damage can't kill you unless the hit you took would have killed you without having Glass Cannon in your inventory. It's in a far better place than after its initial nerf back in the AB era.

It's a lot stronger than in Antibirth because each instance of damage you took there increased its chance of falling. It's fixed at 1/10000 after the first hit no matter what in Repentance.

oh my god I didn't know either of those things and it makes both of them so much better

I'm already positive on Damocles because I did a sick dark arts dodge of the fall that I did totally 100% on purpose

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Like people said, a great offense is a great defense. The shorter fights last, the less time you have to make mistakes. And as long as you play well enough (or just don't get unlucky from a bullshit setup), Glass Cannon will more than likely pay for itself by eliminating so many damage opportunities that the penalty you might eventually take (5 or 6 points of damage) will be outweighed by the power boost it gives. And even if you do take damage, you at least get the Anemic effect for that room so it's not nothing. You definitely want an HP buffer for it but it's definitely in a far different state from its limp Afterbirth incarnation which was basically "usable by the Lost only".

Everyone knows Tech.5 is a great item but just how great is it? Well it actually has a fire rate of 15 times per second, but it only has a 1/6 chance of firing each time. This means on average it amounts to +2.5 extra attacks per second, which is great. If you find it as your first item, congrats on basically doubling your DPS. (In addition to the piercing infinite range laser). Even at the softcap of 5 tears per second, it still essentially amounts to 50% more DPS. And on high damage, low fire rate builds (Eve's Mascera or Polyphemus), it really shines. Less great on Soy Milk builds but it's still extra unconditional damage, which is always welcome.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They said it couldn't be done. BEHOLD

https://i.imgur.com/mYqMlq8.mp4

GAMER BRIMSTONE

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The card game seems fun and that's some cool cross-over stuff so I backed it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Damocles is probably pretty strong on average but "You unavoidably die, randomly" is an absolutely horrible design for an item.

It's like the perfect design for that item specifically. Flavor 10/10.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Araxxor posted:

Yeah the way the wiki worded the penalty is wrong as hell. You don't take 2 full hearts of damage every time you take damage, it's just once and you're just stuck with the broken cannon for 4 rooms.

The wiki wording got me at first too, but it's technically correct, just confusing. You do take 2 full hearts of damage when you're holding glass cannon, it's just that once that happens it turns into an entirely different item with its own ID, "Broken Glass Cannon".

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just held R instead of pressing space several hours into a tainted cain mega run where I was crafting r keys to do all the marks in 1 run lol. god drat it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I keep forgetting that when you open the Boss rush/Hush doors with Mama mega they’ll close if you go into the Devil/Angel room :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Honestly after the mega buff Damocles got, I've pretty much taken it (On runs where I'm not trying to farm Angel Rooms) unless it's like an unlocking run I'm absolutely desperate to get done. Or I'm playing as The Losts where the penalty doesn't matter. On more chill runs a loss is just "whatever" and more often than not it's a pretty reliable invisible time limit, though sheer bouts of bad luck can happen and just end the run right there. The sheer amount of power it funnels into you is pretty swell. Tried out a run with both it and Sacred Orb from the get go and that got absurd fast. :v:

Being a fixed chance instead of making it more likely to just instantly die for every mistake you make makes it a lot easier to swallow, where Antibirth's version basically demanded you have an extra life or play absolutely perfectly.

Granted if I'm playing as a character I absolutely hate for unlock runs, no way I'm taking it without safety measures. No need to introduce an extra risk when the deck is already pretty stacked against them.

EDIT: Antibirth's version was a 1 in 1000 chance to kill you. :catstare: Yeah uh, not worth taking holy poo poo. 10x more likely to kill you than in Repentance, and just gets worse with each hit (So 20x more likely, then 30x more likely, etc.)

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 6, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Now that I've unlocked the Cracked Crown I don't have to worry about actually winning daily challenges and can just immediately suicide, right?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah I don’t know what happened this run

https://twitter.com/kaboobi/status/1401566646083350532?s=21

https://twitter.com/kaboobi/status/1401567063122976773?s=21

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I swear I've won like 6 dailies in a row but haven't unlocked the trinket yet lol. Wonder what's going on with that

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol that second video is absolutely *torturing* twitter's compression algorithm

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man, I just had the most hilarious run as the ghost going for Mother because the game was not tired of throwing out every god item in the game (Dead Cat in the first curse room, Cricket Head, Sacred Heart + Trisagion, Magic Mush, Godhead, Psy Fly). But to top it off, I end up in a Devil Room with Succubus and I go "gently caress it, I'm stacked and maybe I'll see new items for once.

Thing is, I also had Staircase. Next Staircase had Eucharisty, which overrides taking a deal and guarantees Angel Rooms. :v: (I won't be surprised they nerf it, extra angel items at only 15 cents is broken af).

Also, I did find a bug where entering the Staircase room with Star of Bethelem causes the star to despawn, which kinda sucked cause 12.5 fire rate and like 60-120 damage damage would have been hilarious.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Spindown Die is one of the best and coolest items in the whole game now, I love getting quadruple Brimstone by the time I hit Depths

Rothon
Jan 4, 2012
Is 1,001% progress tracked via steam achievements rather than the in game stats or something? It just popped for me the first time after picking up Pay To Play (lol), but I reset my save when Repentance came out and definitely haven't collected every item in this save.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rothon posted:

Is 1,001% progress tracked via steam achievements rather than the in game stats or something? It just popped for me the first time after picking up Pay To Play (lol), but I reset my save when Repentance came out and definitely haven't collected every item in this save.

I’m pretty sure 1001% and Million% only look at the number of achievements/items you have gotten, not the specific ones you have. So if you’ve unlocked 276 achievements and collected 436 items you’ll get 1001% even if you’ve never even touched The Lost.

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 7, 2021

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I bought the Repentance soundtrack on Bandcamp and the Ridiculon guy sent me this sad 50's-esque crooner song "Tears of a Child"

Edit: T. Apolyon utterly melts things when it gets going, doesn't it?

IMJack fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 7, 2021

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Augus posted:

1 floor into my first run of Tainted Eve, this character is very silly lol.
very nice

tainted eve has a posse

and yes, tech zero works with them too

(i lost this run when i accidentally activated sumptorium in the womb and lost all my buddies :|)

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
All of a sudden I haven't been able to get any completion marks. I managed to get boss rush, hush, and delirium in one run but only got the first two completion marks and haven't been able to get any since. Win streak won't update either. Tried validating steam files, nothing. Any ideas? This is a huge bummer rn :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

All of a sudden I haven't been able to get any completion marks. I managed to get boss rush, hush, and delirium in one run but only got the first two completion marks and haven't been able to get any since. Win streak won't update either. Tried validating steam files, nothing. Any ideas? This is a huge bummer rn :(

Are you using mods? I think some of the old ones can do this

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

PostNouveau posted:

Are you using mods? I think some of the old ones can do this

Turning off mods fixed it. It's weird though, since I didn't enable any new ones beforehand and it only broke midway through a run :confused:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Doing my hard mode Tainted Lost checkmarks and ended up with both Chaos Card and R Key, plus a crazy loadout that included Sacred Heart, tears below the cap, 30+ damage, etc.

The only question was what to kill with my Chaos Card and what to kill after using R Key.

Decide to kill Hush with the Chaos Card. Went as planned and finished the Chest. Considered fighting Mega Satan because the build was OP (also had a shot at Delirium) but decided I didn't want to ignore the R Key, so I used that to reset the run. Figured I'd kill Mother so I could clear out those floors and be done with that path. Two Holy Mantle cards in reserve and every boss died in less than a second.

Got to Ashpit and nicked a spike rock near the doorway. By the time I heard the Holy Mantle activate, I took the second hit and was dead.

Hate this game sometimes.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I died during Delirium's death animation just now as Jacob and Esau.

Brimstone is the power up I identify with the most because after stuff like that happens I, too, wish to vomit blood in a high velocity arc.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Thanks for the free Ipecac! Notice the Cricket's Body. This was all on the first floor.

I also got Host Hat, Stop Watch, and Compound Fracture later on. Hush and Delirium were pushovers.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I wish the inverted tarot cards weren't gated behind Greedier Mode. It's kicking my rear end.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I hate these loving orbiting fire flies

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I hate these loving orbiting fire flies

I hate them so much that back when Antibirth was just a mod, I practically uninstalled it because of them. Thankfully Repentance seems to use them pretty sparingly, and usually in rooms with flames you can torch with them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Attestant posted:

I hate them so much that back when Antibirth was just a mod, I practically uninstalled it because of them. Thankfully Repentance seems to use them pretty sparingly, and usually in rooms with flames you can torch with them.

Yeah, the strategy of walking them into flames really turned down the difficulty on those things.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ohhhh the Hush completion mark is supposed to be his face. It's more obvious with the normal difficulty mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i always thought it was supposed to represent a bullet hell pattern lol