Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In much better news

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1402309448605986818

zoux fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Meyers played a goofy barely-human looking military guy in Inglorious Basterds. But other than that, Austin Powers 2 is the last thing I have any warm-ish feelings for him on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

At least it's not Dana Carvey playing seven characters.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

feedmyleg posted:

Not the greatest trailer in the world, but I'm very glad this very sweet series is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-W5wEljcKY

Still kind of wild to me that Radcliffe and Buscemi are slumming it in a TBS series, even if the former seems content with doing lots of small, weird poo poo after That Huge Thing boosted him to a household name

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

At least it's not Dana Carvey playing seven characters.

The only bright side.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Arist posted:

Still kind of wild to me that Radcliffe and Buscemi are slumming it in a TBS series, even if the former seems content with doing lots of small, weird poo poo after That Huge Thing boosted him to a household name

Radcliffe and Elijah Wood made stupid amounts of money on franchise property contracts so they both can pretty much do whatever they want for the rest of their lives.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Radcliffe reportedly turns down potential blockbuster poo poo left and right. I think he was on Conan and mentioned Marvel has come at him multiple times but he never wants to do a franchise like that again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good for him

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love the guy, Swiss Army Man was weird as gently caress and Guns Akimbo sure was a loving movie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Extremely happy about the return of I Think You Should Leave and Miracle Workers is mostly just good actors having a fun time together so that’s great news too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also happy to see the Detroiters reunited in the I Think You Should Leave trailer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rhyno posted:

Yeah Radcliffe reportedly turns down potential blockbuster poo poo left and right. I think he was on Conan and mentioned Marvel has come at him multiple times but he never wants to do a franchise like that again.

I think if I had a bunch of Harry Potter money, I would only do smaller things I know I could have fun in. He doesn't have to worry about properly doing some character from a big series that will have people pestering him about his portrayal no matter what he does.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cojawfee posted:

I think if I had a bunch of Harry Potter money, I would only do smaller things I know I could have fun in. He doesn't have to worry about properly doing some character from a big series that will have people pestering him about his portrayal no matter what he does.

Oh same. I love that he's just having a blast.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Extremely happy about the return of I Think You Should Leave and Miracle Workers is mostly just good actors having a fun time together so that’s great news too.

Yeah, Miracle Workers isn't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but it is really, really solid. It's an anthology sitcom with great actors, novel settings, and well-oiled writing. The jokes and plots of each episode lean heavily on archetypal sitcom stories, but in a way that's warm and comforting rather than rote and tired. The writers understand sitcoms on a mechanical level, even if they don't innovate within that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/grahamorama/status/1401625039431258115?s=21

Gg USA TODAY.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sweet Tooth is the new Batboy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Our Malcolm in the Middle talk reminded me that the Hulu description is amazing for Dewey.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
When was the last time that a show with relatively big names disappeared immediately?

I've heard absolute jack squat about Rutherford Falls since it released, other than the initial reviews that accompanied it at launch. No one praising it, no one complaining. Just seemed to silently die.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big news announced today in that Netflix's Cowboy Bebop adaptation got Yoko Kanno to do the music.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can't imagine a way in which the live-action version will be better than the originals but new Cowboy Bebops alone justifies its creation.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
They should have just licensed all of the original songs that Yoko Kanno plagiarized instead

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Who cares, i want to see the dog. They better cast a very good dog.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

They cast Scarlett Johannsen. Folks, we got a great show tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry is here

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4gPQDyOixQ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

There are no good dogs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IRQ posted:

They actually already showed the dog when production "started" (quotes here because it got shut down for several months due to John Cho's freak knee injury soon afterwards):

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Arist posted:

They actually already showed the dog when production "started" (quotes here because it got shut down for several months due to John Cho's freak knee injury soon afterwards):

Yeah i just found a tweet with that video, seems like a good dog (all dogs are good dogs).

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1402302333799698439

Speaking of behind-the-scenes, this is looking promising.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

There are no good dogs

On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate is this to your childhood?

https://youtu.be/sz6MvVotEMU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:lol: that someone made a furry apocalypse show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno about this French adaptation of The Slap

https://twitter.com/CanaryMugume/status/1402253585354838027

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Le Slap.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Wafflecop posted:

Lmao I literally just finished the season and went to Twitter to check other people's thoughts and saw this.

Makes my time spent watching the show an even bigger waste than it felt. Some of the most atrocious pacing I have experienced in a show. They could have cut episodes 2-5 out completely. It would've been far better to do all of the 1920s stuff in one go rather than dragged out over the whole season.

Oh well, there are plenty of shows about evil-Superman out now that are doing this a million times better. Nothing of value has been lost.

Quoting a post from several pages back but, uhh...

What shows do the evil-Superman thing better? No, seriously. Formulaic superhero shows/films have soured me off good. Even WandaVision had a finale that made me groan, while the rest of the show was...intriguing if not gimmicky. And yeah, I've watched Umbrella Academy. I honestly kinda enjoyed Jupiter's Legacy apart from its pacing being "browse your cellphone while these scenes are happening" bad.

Talking of formulaic I gave up on Arrow in either season 4 or 5, whatever episode started with Oliver driving a car along a coast somewhere. Need to finish the show at some point since apparently the final season was decent?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Dessel posted:

What shows do the evil-Superman thing better?

The Boys and Invincible, for a start.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate is this to your childhood?

https://youtu.be/sz6MvVotEMU

Change it to beagles and you've got an 8.5

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Dessel posted:

Quoting a post from several pages back but, uhh...

What shows do the evil-Superman thing better? No, seriously.

Invincible does everything Jupiter's Legacy tried to do so much better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

The Boys and Invincible, for a start.

lmao. Very true

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aardvark! posted:

it says right there it's about a secret society of 5 men

there's a question - can 5 people really be considered a secret society?

There was a very small group of guys at the top of the x files syndicate?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Six can

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Not the direction I expected a So I Married an Axe Murderer expanded universe to go.