Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
You absolutely can still 1v3 newbies in Chiv 2. It's extremely possible to chump lots of people at once if they're playing badly - third person gives you a much better range of information, and make sure to keep moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Yeah, but I'm talking chamber>morph>feinting level 10 people who are forced to read my move instead of having the safe option to keep swinging. "Gambling" was a thing but even newbies rarely tried it. Target swapping on riposte was almost a guaranteed hit most of the time.

In Chiv 2 you have to think more about how to abuse your weapon speed/length to get extra blows in vs just trying to fool them into parrying. People can kind of do whatever after getting parried so you can't stay safe unless you have a way to back away fast or just hit someone outright. Definitely room for 1vX but it's a lot harder to pull off when people really get on top of you. You have to work more with teammates to stay safe in my experience.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Then again, block breakers are much more usable now as well. Kicks come out decently quick and guarantee a free hit if they connect against a block, so there's still value to baiting out a premature block. Of course that's can be countered by a, well, counter, but that can in turn be defeated with morphs.

Another thing I haven't yet experimented with too much is involving heavy and special attacks more. Apart from loving with the timing a bit, they do seem to drain quite a lot of stamina if blocked, so you may be able to legitimately work towards draining the stamina of a particularly defensive player in short order.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

boz posted:

Which class/subclass gets the shovel? Having trouble on google finding it.

Yeah its the third class for the footman. The shovel goes BONK when you smack someone with it. I don't know why but its the weapon that clicked the most for me.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I legit had no idea chivalry 2 was finished.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Lawman 0 posted:

I legit had no idea chivalry 2 was finished.

I said the exact same thing when my buddy told me the beta was available last weekend, it was a stellar surprise. One more day folks :toot:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I feel like the maps need some rebalancing. I played the beta a decent amount and very rarely saw dark forest get to the final objective. And it was also kinda rare to see agatha win on coxwell. I dunno if its just because of people not going for objectives or whatever though. Rudhelm seemed fine.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The game on the whole feels slightly Mason favored, especially both Protection maps. The Duke has no safe position to be in and can be overwhelmed quickly, while the Heir has a corner to hide in safe from arrows and is difficult to get to.

I don't feel bad about this because Mason rules. gently caress the Agathans

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

UltraShame posted:

Chivalry 2: Not infested with Neo-Nazis! (yet)

No just little kids posting lame trash talk and slurs at this point. That will probably get a little bit better once it's no longer free... or maybe not.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Play posted:

No just little kids posting lame trash talk and slurs at this point. That will probably get a little bit better once it's no longer free... or maybe not.

*Round ends*

EZ

2 ez

ez

fuckin LAG

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I don't think I even give a poo poo about kids being obnoxious in chat. Who gets mad playing Chivalry? Just spawn, yell, behead, get beheaded, repeat!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

only cowards play third person

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Roobanguy posted:

confirmed

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I love being a coward who has 100 degrees more vision than the first-person nerd :cool:

Realistically, it should be one or the other, that there's both modes is a real bad idea from a balance standpoint since one is strictly way better for everything except duels.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

mdct posted:

I love being a coward who has 100 degrees more vision than the first-person nerd :cool:

Realistically, it should be one or the other, that there's both modes is a real bad idea from a balance standpoint since one is strictly way better for everything except duels.

I suppose from a certain point of view, wanting to more easily avoid smashing your teammates in the back of the head with wide swings would be the sort of thing a 1st person purist duelist would loathe people having.

Technically cowardice :ohdear: just not the kind usually focused on.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Avoid... hitting your teammates?

But why?

:black101:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mdct posted:

hopefully they have a server toggle that will lock you to 1st person, cuz that could be a fun alternative

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

hopefully they have a server toggle that will lock you to 1st person, cuz that could be a fun alternative

They had that in chivalry 1.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one of the bigger issues these games had that prevented me from playing third-person (besides not being a weenie) is that the third person animations kind of looked like poo poo with the camera following so close behind you. Chiv 2's animations seem to be much better but I'm still sticking with first person lol

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Even if 3rd person is better from every standpoint imaginable I will still play 1st person cause it owns.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

boz posted:

Even if 3rd person is better from every standpoint imaginable I will still play 1st person cause it owns.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I love bonking people over the head with my shovel as they're fighting someone else, so please, keep playing first person.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm gonna bind perspective toggle to my mouse so I can swap in the moment. Both modes are useful.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Servers are (sorta) up!

Seems like most people can't log in, and once you are the matchmaking is not working.

Managed to play a single game in the new Arena map but I haven't been able to do anything else after it. I'm sure it'll be playable in a bit, I'm just happy it's finally released :confuoot:

Double edit: Offline practice lets you play vs bots if you're desperate to chop heads.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 8, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are unlocks supposed to carry over from the beta? I notice my customization is there but I'm lvl 1 and don't have any unlocks. I'm assuming this is due to server shenanigans?

Edit: Aw it looks like back to level 1. oh well.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 8, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Roobanguy posted:

It makes using the spear that much harder, to say the least.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
They should just get rid of third person completely, or have it be a special game mode only for people who want it. That's kinda BS. It's a better game in first person anyways.

That does explain how a lot of the people i played against seemed to know everything that was going on around while I was kinda struggling to even keep someone in front of me

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This has been a blast, I've only played a tiny amount but it's been awesome. "BigBeefCity" on Xbox if any goons want to team up. No voice right now, will soon though. How do you find others on cross platform play? I haven't delved into searching for that yet.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Dang, it didn't save my progress between the beta and full release. I was hoping it would, since it did between the two betas....

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Anybody else run into the bug where the armoury is marked with a notification indicating that there's something new, but there's nothing there and the notification never goes away? I've got that for all classes on all factions, and got no idea how to fix it. I tried swapping heads/gender as well to check whether it's about voices or facial hair, but no luck there either.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

mdct posted:

Dang, it didn't save my progress between the beta and full release. I was hoping it would, since it did between the two betas....

It looks like it just transferred over the appearances that you customized on each class, no exp or levels or unlocked weapons or anything.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mdct posted:

It does look like my dudes customizations stuck including the now locked heraldry options I chose but yeah level 1 and all my unlocks are gone.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Anybody else run into the bug where the armoury is marked with a notification indicating that there's something new, but there's nothing there and the notification never goes away? I've got that for all classes on all factions, and got no idea how to fix it. I tried swapping heads/gender as well to check whether it's about voices or facial hair, but no luck there either.

I haven't seen this, but I have had it where, when trying to customize a class, a previous one steps up and into the current one so both models are interlaced with each other and you can't see what you're doing, really.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does anybody else physically lean around in their chair when swinging a heavy weapon in this. I swear to god I'm an inch away from my monitor while I'm winding up a heavy overhead smash

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ahh, getting teamswitched to the losing team after spending 80% of the game on the winning one. How I missed you...

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

explosivo posted:

It does look like my dudes customizations stuck including the now locked heraldry options I chose but yeah level 1 and all my unlocks are gone.

This is intended.

explosivo posted:

Does anybody else physically lean around in their chair when swinging a heavy weapon in this. I swear to god I'm an inch away from my monitor while I'm winding up a heavy overhead smash

This but for blocking

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/ciPiib6.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AfaNpmx.mp4

Game good.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Wow, both Mordhau and Chiv 2 have really upped their server hosting game. I am getting 30-60 ping now! Rejoice! It was brutal before.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

explosivo posted:

Well yeah, it makes your swings hit harder, just like leaning into a jump makes Mario clear the pit.

Babe Magnet posted:

ahh, getting teamswitched to the losing team after spending 80% of the game on the winning one. How I missed you...

I’ve now had three in a row of this within 15 seconds or so of the end. I’d be frustrated, but I’m having so much fun that it really doesn’t bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

explosivo posted:

oh 100%

1000% when I play with a controller.

speaking of which, I downloaded this on PS4 back in the beta and I was extremely surprised how well it played and ran on console, the controls feel really good on a controller. I hope this really takes off for Torn Banner and becomes a big hit.