Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cowboy Bebop is getting a live action show on Netflix starring John Cho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/HistoryMuppet/status/1402003688835649538?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah, they've been filming for a while had to shut down for like 2 months at one point because Cho broke his foot or something doing a stunt.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The movements and facepalm are perfect. What incredible artists.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wonderful and pure. A++

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Vincent posted:

The movements and facepalm are perfect. What incredible artists.

Delightful.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Full clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9gPZnqiGY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lololololol

https://twitter.com/CarolOnAdvLaw/status/1401989417783468032?s=20

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok so realtalk, is the Crypt Keeper coded gay?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Holy gently caress!

Weren't there a bunch of people here who used it a bunch? Did they experience this?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

He's definitely camp, but camp isn't definitely gay (but it does make gay more likely).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Baron von Eevl posted:

He's more coded slay. Let's just say he's never committed die-erasure. Some people have accused the show of, uh, ...queer-biteing? That works as a pun right?

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Gripweed posted:

He's more coded slay. Let's just say he's never committed die-erasure. Some people have accused the show of, uh, ...queer-biteing? That works as a pun right?

Would you say he goes for guys and ghouls?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Crypt Keeper has powerful Vers Top energy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

caligulamprey posted:

Crypt Keeper has powerful Vers Top energy.

He gives great behead

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
He does like to bone down

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is greatness

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I love me some John Cho but the dude's way too old to play Spike. I'll still wait and see how it turns out and hopefully they've worked it in a way where Spike being like 50 makes sense.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I love me some John Cho but the dude's way too old to play Spike. I'll still wait and see how it turns out and hopefully they've worked it in a way where Spike being like 50 makes sense.

Harrison Ford played characters supposed to be in their late 20s early 30s well into his 60s.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fuckin, this made me lol obnoxiously loud.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Would you say he goes for guys and ghouls?

Boils and ghouls.

Skwirl posted:

Harrison Ford played characters supposed to be in their late 20s early 30s well into his 60s.

That's why I'm reserving full judgement until I see the finished product. Though I'm not sure how much I want to see an live action Cowboy Bebop at all. Also which movies had Harrison Ford playing characters way younger than he really is?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

more like Hans So-old

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve had a theory for a while that Harrison Ford is way younger than we think he is, and that he was actually underage in his earliest role, so he lied about his age and has been lying about it ever since

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Crypt Keeper is camp at least.

If you've read the original comics all the hosts are and the show Crypt Keeper is is a sort of muppet amalgamation of all three (Old Witch, Vault Keeper, and OG CK himself which was less cackling skeleton more drooling old guy).

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like John Cho's Cowboy Bebop hair. So that's nice.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gripweed posted:

That's enough to make a body lose their decomposure.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Skwirl posted:

yeah a 50 year old actor playing a 30 year old isn't a deal breaker for me. Besides, it's not like Spike needs to be young. If they add a few more years to his time in the triads and a few more years to his time with Jet, that doesn't really change anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nothing that I love about Cowboy Bebop has anything to do with Spike's backstory.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

George Romero’s lost film, The Amusement Park, is premiering tonight on Shudder! My heart and soul are ready!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CPL593H posted:

That's why I'm reserving full judgement until I see the finished product. Though I'm not sure how much I want to see an live action Cowboy Bebop at all. Also which movies had Harrison Ford playing characters way younger than he really is?

Yeah, the closest I can come up with is maybe Last Crusade, and he wasn't even 50 yet when he made that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

I like John Cho's Cowboy Bebop hair. So that's nice.

Rian Johnson said that Spike Spiegel was a big influence on JGL's character in Brick. And I'm sure it's not just visually but just look at him:

Gripweed posted:

yeah a 50 year old actor playing a 30 year old isn't a deal breaker for me. Besides, it's not like Spike needs to be young. If they add a few more years to his time in the triads and a few more years to his time with Jet, that doesn't really change anything.

Yeah I mean in fairness It's not a huge deal and it always seemed like Spike was too young for his character arc but that's still a pretty big jump. I'm just not sure how I feel about that casting decision in general but I'm also pretty hyped to see how that turns out because it could also be one of those things where an actor you wouldn't expect to be playing that character completely knocks it out of the park.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, the closest I can come up with is maybe Last Crusade, and he wasn't even 50 yet when he made that.

It's been a while since I've seen that but I don't recall anything that indicates he's supposed to be young than Ford actually is other than Sean Connery who in real life is only 12 years older than Harrison Ford. But I always thought that the idea there was that Henry Sr. was supposed to be older than Connery really was.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Boils and ghouls.

I didn't actually watch it, but I don't think Harrison Ford's character in the Sabrina remake was supposed to be 53, which is how old he was when it was made. (Edit: I might be wrong there, he was about the same age as Bogey was in the original)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

can't wait for the netflix bebop adaptation to spend 12 episodes covering the first episode and a half of the original shows plot

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Just do the one with the gross thing that came out of the fridge.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Rian Johnson said that Spike Spiegel was a big influence on JGL's character in Brick. And I'm sure it's not just visually but just look at him:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That reminds me of a suggestion to use the cast of Looper for Cowboy Bebop.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Now I'm disappointed that we'll never have Weird Al playing Spike.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That reminds me of a suggestion to use the cast of Looper for Cowboy Bebop.

So is Bruce Willis Jet, then?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd cast Lakeith Stanfield as Spike and Michael Jai White as Jet, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So is Bruce Willis Jet, then?

I can see it. If Willis gave a poo poo about acting it could even maybe be good!