Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

thetoughestbean posted:

A number of alt arts of old cards were announced, my favorite one is Terriermon

Oh my god I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Alt art Impmon is good. The alternate arts have been a big step up recently

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

thetoughestbean posted:

Bring your son to work day going well I see.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

censormon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Digimon Adventure 20, episode 50: if all else fails, chuck a spirit bomb at it.

But seriously, that was not the best but probably about what I should've expected. Nice use of scale if nothing else. And now we get to the part of the series I'm actually curious about…

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Y'know I was thinking that Terra Force is just an orange spirit bomb that forms faster, amazing that it became literal.

Way easier to animate a point of light.

Akett fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 30, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And now, plot wise, we have arrived at

Episode 14 of season 1

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

And now, plot wise, we have arrived at

Episode 14 of season 1

I mean, to be even slightly fair to the show if you're comparing it with Adventure 99 (and to be fair to you, the show has been deliberately inviting that comparison) then they've done a lot of jumping around. They ran the third arc hook of "find the other chosen child" more or less to completion, and just finished the finale of "destroy the evil Digimon that's distorting the world". It's not that they didn't progress past episode 14, is that they did just about literally everything else already.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Ok, ok, I'll be one to say it.

PImpmon.

Episode was wild, that crazy scale reminded me of Gurren Lagann. This was the first time I watched the preview because I thought the series was going to end for good but apparently there's still much more.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Petiso posted:

Ok, ok, I'll be one to say it.

PImpmon.

Episode was wild, that crazy scale reminded me of Gurren Lagann. This was the first time I watched the preview because I thought the series was going to end for good but apparently there's still much more.
I was expecting an S there.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Preview for Ep 51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvaORjvdT6s

The deep cuts keep coming!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
made the next of my DIM Card style charts, this time for Piyomon(as usual open in a new tab for full resolution);

and here's the Evolution paths for Adult onward;

BirDramon-> Garudamon, Parrotmon, Piccolomon

Thunderbirdmon-> Peacockmon, Parrotmon, Garudamon

Kokatorimon-> Sinduramon, Piccolomon, Delumon

Vegiemon-> Delumon, Peacockmon, Sinduramon

Garudamon-> Hououmon, Zhuqaiomon

Parrotmon-> Crossmon, Gryphomon

Peacockmon-> Crossmon, Zhuqaiomon

Sinduramon-> Zhuqaiomon, Gryphomon

Delumon-> Gryphomon, Hououmon

Piccolomon-> Crossmon, Hououmon

much like the Gabumon chart this one worked out surprisingly smooth, next one will be for Tentomon probably and any thoughts or feedback would be welcome

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey, did you like Digimon Rumble Arena on the PS1? Were you disappointed that Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was nothing like it (because it was a completely different game that got renamed in the west)? Well, do I have something for you!

Project Digimon is a fangame I found recently that tries (and, in my opinion, succeeds!) at being a proper Rumble Arena 2. It's still in development, but even now it has an impressive roster from the first three seasons as well as multiple paths in Arcade Mode. It's very fun and I feel it should be better-known, and it's incredibly close to the original game. Give it a try if that's your thing!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

This show's pacing is all over the place. It felt like it went heavy in the first third and the second part has been almost nothing but filler. I thought they were going to lean more into alternate evolutions at first but nothing's happened in ages and even MetalGarurumon showed up in filler.

The original series didn't feel nearly this bad.

The original series was seriously pretty lean - not a ton of episodes that you could call pure filler. It was all either advancing a character, or the plot. Nothing was seriously deep, and some characters got hosed over, but man. Nothing like this.

I guess it's still better than Tri.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Episode 51: I'm mildly amused that Adventure 20 has now added yet another feature of the D-Arc to this season's digivice. I suppose after the spirit bomb last week it was appropriate that our next immediate villain was Majin Buu. And they're now splitting the cast up again, which would bother me more if the 13 or so one-off episodes we just got finished with all functionally split the cast is well. I suspect we're about to get another 10 or so one-off episodes to run through all of the other Ultimates before the final battle, which is disappointing but not actually surprising considering where the show is after the last 30 or so episodes.

Anyways, Hououmon next week. Will she and the other three remaining ultimates be less cursed than Mugendramon? I'm not exactly getting my hopes up.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I gotta admit when I saw the tree lab it made me worried that we're gonna be dealing with Yggdrasil again. That's still not out of the realm of possibility, given that Dukemon is narrating.

E: I just realized there's actual evidence for this, they fought Nighoggmon. Nidhogg is a dragon that gnaws on the roots of Yggdrasil.

Akett fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 6, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The episode itself wasn't much to write home about, but there's some actual mystery to the plot unlike the previous 50 episodes of the series. You had a singular goal set up at the very beginning of the series (defeat milleniumon) and while that kind of consistency isn't necessarily a bad thing it's nice to have some unknowns. I don't expect it to be anything amazing but I'm actually interested to see where the plot goes from here. Then again, maybe I'm a bit easy to please since I thought the last episode was pretty cool.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Spent most of my night building this guy

Also this alt art for Koromon is good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The episode itself wasn't much to write home about, but there's some actual mystery to the plot unlike the previous 50 episodes of the series. You had a singular goal set up at the very beginning of the series (defeat milleniumon) and while that kind of consistency isn't necessarily a bad thing it's nice to have some unknowns. I don't expect it to be anything amazing but I'm actually interested to see where the plot goes from here. Then again, maybe I'm a bit easy to please since I thought the last episode was pretty cool.
I could've done without the massive slogs of filler in the middle, especially when they never even bothered to resolve Joe's. Dude just shows up with Gabumon tied to a cross about to be sacrificed to satan. Would've been totally fine with another mini-boss arc after they all ended up getting their Ultimate forms so early on.

Also kinda weird to me that they spent all this time building up that all the Mega forms and Royal Knights had to unite to defeat Milleniumon but nah, we just got two new Megas from the Holy Digimon and a giant spirit bomb to end the fight. Didn't feel like there was much room to breathe in the last couple episodes, Taichi was only gone for a single episode.

So far it feels like they're doing some things better with the 2020 season (Better personalities, better use of the cast, more digimon) and doing other things worse than the original (Pacing, filler that leads nowhere, even more focus on a single character). The lack of major antagonists between Devimon and Milleniumon for such a huge stretch of episodes really kill off the pacing for me.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Spent most of my night building this guy

Ha! I'm also building one of him!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is Kirby Burpmon a new Digimon or has it appeared in something else before?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Larryb posted:

So is Kirby Burpmon a new Digimon or has it appeared in something else before?

It was in the Digimon Twin devices, but as a fail state when you got your digimons too fat. They'd turn back to normal if you trained their weight back down.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
https://withthewill.net/threads/adventure-guide-listings-for-episodes-52-through-55-returning-locations-that-guy-returns.25816/

Spoilers for the next few weeks. Literally the only cool thing is Orgemon returning as Rebellimon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Rosemon give me BanchoLilymon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

https://withthewill.net/threads/adventure-guide-listings-for-episodes-52-through-55-returning-locations-that-guy-returns.25816/

Spoilers for the next few weeks. Literally the only cool thing is Orgemon returning as Rebellimon.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Burkion posted:

It would actually fit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
https://twitter.com/karn_ex/status/1402313586417061897?s=21

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think the "name 10 digimon" "greymon" one is a little more apropos.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool

The Golux posted:

I think the "name 10 digimon" "greymon" one is a little more apropos.

There’s only four unique Digimon named Greymon though. Everything else has a prefix in front of it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Half the american greymon arent even greymon in japan which like i guess it sucks to change the name after so long but still, probably should bite the bullet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

My thoughts exactly. It's sad to know that won't happen because having BanchoMamemon appear is like the absolute perfect setup for Palmon to become a Bancho herself, and I'd love to see the whole group get anime appearances. Not to mention how another main character Digimon already took Rosemon, so Palmon could get something unique too. But for now, I'll be happy that we got one more Bancho in an anime.

Also seeing Ogremon back should be great too, he was like the only villain in this entire series to have a personality. Rebellimon is the logical next step for him too.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Half the american greymon arent even greymon in japan which like i guess it sucks to change the name after so long but still, probably should bite the bullet

If they didn't do it for the DCG, where the names actually cause ruling issues, they won't do it. Which is weird considering dub names are inconsistent anyways (Creepymon/Daemon, Crusadermon/LoadKnightmon, Agumon/Augumon...the list keeps going)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the card game is exactly what i had in mind, the more they put it off the more rulings cruft theyre gonna have and that's not really good for a game still in its infancy

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The fact that the Mimi episode specifically has BanchoMamemon, who hasn't appeared in any anime before this does make me think BanchoLily will appear somehow, just because that's such an obvious thing people will expect. But then again this season has done dumb things before, so who knows.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

mandatory lesbian posted:

You still get Regular, Blue, Metal, Blue Metal, War, BlackWar, Blitz, Geo, Rize, Shine, Shine Burst Mode, Shine Ruin Mode, XW, XW-Metal, Decker, Zeke, X Antibody, X Antibody Metal, X Antibody Metal Blue, X Antibody War, X Antibody BlackWar, Ancient, and Kaiser, plus Original Movie Big Scary Version and a bunch of semiofficial color variations like the grey and orange versions of the Xros Wars version, so...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1403185219931303938?s=21

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So E3's coming up this weekend. What are the odds we're going to get any mention of what's going on with Digimon Survive from Bandai, or have we all reached the acceptance phase and are in agreement that the game is officially dead at this point?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

So E3's coming up this weekend. What are the odds we're going to get any mention of what's going on with Digimon Survive from Bandai, or have we all reached the acceptance phase and are in agreement that the game is officially dead at this point?

Then again, Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years to finally come out (though the game ultimately kind of sucked to be honest) so never say die when it comes to these things. But we’ll see of course.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Puleeeeease, ive been holding onto despera despite the death of ryu, i can keep holding on to survive for decades more

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If we hear anything about it at all it will most likely be from a Japanese source first. Was it ever even announced for a global release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

If we hear anything about it at all it will most likely be from a Japanese source first. Was it ever even announced for a global release?

Yes, it was confirmed early on to be a global release. There's also no reason whatsoever to believe it wouldn't be when every Digimon game for a while except those exclusive to China or Korea have gotten to the west.

It will be released everywhere or nowhere, but not only in Japan.

That said the more time passes, the harder it is to believe it will be "everywhere" instead of "nowhere"...but they've been somewhat insistent on the 2021 release date lately, so maybe there's finally a finished game to release. Maybe.