Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Sometimes you beat the odds, and sometimes the marketing is poor but the product is great. Having said that, with today's corporations you're probably right to bet on "it's poo poo" most of the time.

it is nothing short of a miracle* that strive has functional rollback on day one

* the miracle of consulting / contracting western devs to work on netcode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Kinda want to change mains because while Giovanna’s theme isn’t bad, I’d much rather have Millia’s theme blaring for 2 hours while I’m in training mode

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

MechaX posted:

Kinda want to change mains because while Giovanna’s theme isn’t bad, I’d much rather have Millia’s theme blaring for 2 hours while I’m in training mode

Don’t worry, with Guilty Gear you can have Mays theme going every match!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Chaotic Flame posted:

This looks like more of what I wanted Absolver to be. Will be following

I actually liked Absolver's weird mask aesthetic but none of it screamed "Martial arts badass" and that absolutely hurt sales

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 7, 2021

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Worst that can happen is I spill something on my 3,000 dollar coat. Come on!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Absolver was fun, but the people who made it didn't put enough thought into the PvP stuff, which is what the ultimate thing's supposed to be after you do the little campaign, for a long time it was dominated by really dumb all fast jab sets.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

There's still a dedicated strive thread, dunno if everyones aware of it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898279

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/Straycats41/status/1402210219665416195

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the hottest new esport isn't a fighting game. its microsoft excel
https://twitter.com/msexcel/status/1400829702667915277

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
why did daisuke rhyme blazing with blazing instead of just 'still my heart is racing'

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BoosterDuck posted:

why did daisuke rhyme blazing with blazing instead of just 'still my heart is racing'

that's an easy cliche rhyme, meanwhile only lyrical genius can rhyme blazing with blazing

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

that's an easy cliche rhyme, meanwhile only lyrical genius can rhyme blazing with blazing

:hmmyes:

Sounds like people feel like the jumps and movement are in a pretty good place right now, though I thought the patch wasn't till Day 1 so I wonder if it's just a placebo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sabbath rhymed "masses" with itself

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Real hurthling! posted:

the hottest new esport isn't a fighting game. its microsoft excel
https://twitter.com/msexcel/status/1400829702667915277

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubbVvKbUfY

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
is yipes commentating

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
formulate your victory plan
row 2
pivot!
[round ends]
xmatch

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I know we are all excited about Strive but
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1402445343388798977?s=19

That looks like Hinako to me.

My dark horse theory is that we have Yuri/Mai/Hinako as Team Japan instead of Women Fighters.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

HMS Beagle posted:

I know we are all excited about Strive but

That looks like Hinako to me.

My dark horse theory is that we have Yuri/Mai/Hinako as Team Japan instead of Women Fighters.

Sumo Queen would be an amazing pull. Probably my #3 pick, narrowly out by Rock and Vanessa.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I think this one's Vanessa. I'm assuming this is another member of Mary's team, and if she's not on the Women's Team, I don't really know what makes sense other than some configuration of Vanessa/Seth/Ramon. But then, maybe she is on the Women's Team and Yuri or Mai isn't.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It looks like they have knuckles on their head so they're doing this pose?

Who poses like that usually? Maybe it's K` finally.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
it's luong

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

We should be so lucky

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Some good/funny guesses here

night slime
May 14, 2014

Reiley posted:

It looks like they have knuckles on their head so they're doing this pose?

Who poses like that usually? Maybe it's K` finally.

That hand position made me think of Shingo posing triumphantly :hellyeah:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Hey I got a Qanba drone about a month ago, and since I just got Strive I thought I'd finally it out on PS4, but my console doesn't seem to respond to it. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips for this thing I could go check out?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
make sure it's set to PS4 mode and not PS3 or PC; if it is set to PS4 mode, what does your PC/Steam detect it as when you plug it in?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

make sure it's set to PS4 mode and not PS3 or PC; if it is set to PS4 mode, what does your PC/Steam detect it as when you plug it in?

Says Qanba Drone Arcade Joystick. I am at a loss.

EDIT: Was working for a minute then quit, might be something with my PS4.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 9, 2021

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

HMS Beagle posted:

Says Qanba Drone Arcade Joystick. I am at a loss.

EDIT: Was working for a minute then quit, might be something with my PS4.

If it doesn't have the PS4 home button stuff on it you may need to pair it with a PS4 controller so it doesn't timeout on you.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

This was also my first guess but I've been off on a lot of these lol

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’s King of Dinosaurs

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

From all new characters introduced in KOF XIV, Luong's my favorite so I hope she's back to step on fools' necks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

From all new characters introduced in KOF XIV, Luong's my favorite so I hope she's back to step on fools' necks.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Something tells me you have a folder full of those

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Something tells me you have a folder full of those

That's just a screencap of the first result you get for "luong super". It's so dumb.

She's a cool character, even thought seems like KoF just wanted their take on Juri.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Been playing Samurai Showdown V Special online for a couple days and it's kind of fun how often a round can tick by when my opponent and I are on mostly the same level. The inputs have a tighter window too compared to recent games but not in a bad way, I wish SS7 had good online as well because I enjoy playing both versions however 7 doesn't have Yunfei and I love my wirefu even if I'm trash at it for the moment.

Also big announcement for SG.

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/1399851553310269443

Means the game is going to be featured at CEO and now the EVO community event.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Ps4 only. Haha. Too bad, I would have easily won.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone I've seen has been super pissed about the PS4 decision, understandably so

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Will PS4 even have the latest version by then?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Everyone I've seen has been super pissed about the PS4 decision, understandably so

I guess it makes sense since it's a Sony sponsored event (and also owned by Sony I suppose now), but I really wish there were options for PC play. I'd love to play in some tournaments for Strive and a couple other games but so far everything I've seen for online tournaments is PS4 only.

Though, I guess that kind of makes sense at the moment since it's only actually playable on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

At actual Evo Online, Tekken is surprisingly gonna be PC-only. This at least shows Sony isn’t barring other systems from Evo, it just seems to be this pre-evo series thats doing it