Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
So do some of the characters flirt with you straight-away when you talk to them in the teapot, or is that a high friendship thing? Albedo and Hu Tao were...very effusive.

I got everyone to Friendship 6 this past week so I can't compare them myself. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

procrastinating character quests finally catches up to me, as i can't unlock the islands until making some progress in Eula's quest...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

So do some of the characters flirt with you straight-away when you talk to them in the teapot, or is that a high friendship thing? Albedo and Hu Tao were...very effusive.

I got everyone to Friendship 6 this past week so I can't compare them myself. :sweatdrop:

I don't think they change.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

do characters just get passive friendship points from being in the teapot or do you have to do something

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well I dumped the primogems I'd been saving up and got Fischl, Klee, several Barbara constellations, and no Sucrose.

On the one hand, cool, I got Klee, that's fun! I don't have anywhere close to the resources to start using her right away but she seemed fun from the tryout so I definitely will eventually. On the other, it's gonna be a long 20 days of drip-feeding whatever wishes I get into the banner so try to get C1 Fischl and Sucrose :ohdear:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

You eventually have 3 discussion topics at Friendship 10, not sure on the unlock specifics.
The answers change obviously but the questions are the same for everyone. [Paraphrased]
How do you like it here?
Would you like to have a Talk with me?
Anything you want to do?

If a new one is available you can see little speech bubbles on the mini map.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Seems like you unlock up to three topics based on friendship level, in increasing order of, uh, "familiarity".

I already wasn't a huge fan of how the birthday messages are usually written as if every character were thirsty as hell for the Traveler, and that's very evident here as well.

(Which is why Klee remains the best, because she just talks about having fun playing outside :shobon:)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are only so many Traveler ships mihoyo, you gotta let some of these characters just want to date each other

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

King of Bleh posted:

Seems like you unlock up to three topics based on friendship level, in increasing order of, uh, "familiarity".

I already wasn't a huge fan of how the birthday messages are usually written as if every character were thirsty as hell for the Traveler, and that's very evident here as well.

(Which is why Klee remains the best, because she just talks about having fun playing outside :shobon:)

Gonna see what my actual besties say tomorrow (please flirt with me, Zhongli) but since I was just putting my low friendship people in so far my reaction is "Razor, stop. You're too young for me."

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Putting one of the characters in along with their favored set (one of the new ones in the furniture shop) gives 20 primos, 20,000 mora, and an elemental gem fragment. :cheers:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

its been a long time since i used fischl but the em changes seem drastic.
From what I'm reading level 90 might actually start being a consideration.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Cmon EC buff. Make my Childe/Beidou friendship team good...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bloody Emissary posted:

Putting one of the characters in along with their favored set (one of the new ones in the furniture shop) gives 20 primos, 20,000 mora, and an elemental gem fragment. :cheers:

You can also get two of their silver skill books. Each character has two sets they like (ignore all reports of "Dialogue Twixt Ancient Tree and Rock", I'm pretty sure it's somebody's troll).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mailer posted:

Cmon EC buff. Make my Childe/Beidou friendship team good...

Electro-Charged seems do around 2000 per tick with my level 90 Keqing, just messing around with it briefly. I don't know if that's good or not, but she only had around 50 EM anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fischl's voice seems odd now for her reward lines when you build a nice library. I was just playing her Monday trying to fight Andrius and something seems off now.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
EM bonus damage to transformative reactions is about 72% over what it used to provide. I don't have exact numbers, but all transformative reactions also received base damage increases at levels 61+. I did a rudimentary test just now, and a level 89 childe triggering an electro-charged reaction gave me a result of approximately 3311 base damage on electro-charged, considering enemy resists and defense. 1406 (the old base damage) to ~3311 is roughly a 135% increase in base damage. That's pretty incredible. There's certainly something to work with here.

In case you're wondering how I arrived at that number, Level 89 Childe with 0 EM triggers electro-charged on Level 82 Geo Slime, deals 1517 damage.

1517 = x(new electro-charged base damage) * .509 (the geo slime's adjusted defense) * .9 (10% resist to electro)
x = ~3311

its in the ballpark, at least

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 9, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

kater posted:

its been a long time since i used fischl but the em changes seem drastic.

Not sure if they'll be enough to compete with the melt/vaporize meta, but they are pretty noticeable. I wish I had capped some numbers directly before to do a comparison, but my shatter numbers do about 40% more damage (without the Instructor set) than when I used to run the Instructor set (3200 -> 4500). If I run Instructor, then it jumps to +80% (5800)

At level 80, shatter seems to have been buffed about 20%
The EM scaling coefficient for transformative reactions seem to have been increased by 72%

Notably, the Instructor set's 120 EM went from providing +52.65% reaction damage to a 0 EM character to providing +90.6%! This is on top of baseline reactions getting buffed.

For funzies, I tried seeing how high I could go with what I have on hand. Gave XQ back his old Instructor set, and now that I have Diona C6 adding her burst into the rotation gives me 200 EM for the party (+40 once Sucrose's passive comes into effect) I got up to 8314 with full buffs, though 8110 is a bit more realistic since it's awkward switching back to Sucrose.

https://i.imgur.com/vwcLxbh.mp4

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 9, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I saw some offbeat concept for an Overload Yanfei teamcomp, which works for her because she has the highest range of any catalyst user. Wonder if it's good damage now with how much a boost other stuff looks to have gotten.

The other thing I'm curious about is how DPS Sucrose spamming swirls performs now.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

dogsicle posted:

procrastinating character quests finally catches up to me, as i can't unlock the islands until making some progress in Eula's quest...

I hadn't even begun Eula's quest, but I'm still blocked. Argh

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
If you build both furniture sets that someone likes, can you get their gift a second time?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Its kind of a bummer to have the quest be all 'go explore!' and then I go to the furthest away island in the nw and there's nothing there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it feels like there'll be more islands opening up as the event goes on. at least that's how it feels considering you can only get like 5/32 conches right now

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
In case you're wondering how much ~600 EM gives:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Maxwell Adams posted:

If you build both furniture sets that someone likes, can you get their gift a second time?

Each character has two gifts, one with an ascension gem shard, one with two silver skill books.

When you add characters to the teapot, it queues up all the relevant gifts. Once you exit placement mode check the map; if it says you have a gift waiting, a character has teleported into their preferred set blueprint to give you a gift. Once you collect that gift, the next character in the queue teleports to the relevant set blueprint; this can be the same character giving you their other gift, or a different character.

If you interact with the center of a character set blueprint, you can invite a character from their placed position into the blueprint to talk to them. You can only invite a character if they're not queued up to give you a gift.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Whoa they really sorted out the camera on PS4, it's crazy snappy now. No more sluggish vertical.

So far I'm quite into the Wind Waker vibe of this whole thing. It's so nice to have a new place to explore, limited as it is. And since it's mostly just hilichurls on little islands, Jean comes in handy.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Found some primo codes that I somehow hadn't redeemed yet.

code:
GenshinGift
SBNBUK67M37Z
GS6ACJ775KNV
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

/edit - nevermind, the site acted like I hadn't used them yet, but then the game itself told me that I did already.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 9, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RareAcumen posted:

Argh, these outfits are giving me FOMO.

The outfits will be available for purchase after 1.6, they aren't limited, so you don't have to worry about missing them.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Found some primo codes that I somehow hadn't redeemed yet.

code:
GenshinGift
SBNBUK67M37Z
GS6ACJ775KNV

/edit - nevermind, the site acted like I hadn't used them yet, but then the game itself told me that I did already.

I hadn't gotten one of those, thanks!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I noticed a puzzle chest with submerged ice and fire elemental pillars near one of the beacon islands, so I think we'll probably be either lowering water levels or raising up some land masses.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that could definitely be true but you can already get that chest right now if you want to. I used rosaria and yanfei for it

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

I noticed a puzzle chest with submerged ice and fire elemental pillars near one of the beacon islands, so I think we'll probably be either lowering water levels or raising up some land masses.

Nah, they're just regular puzzles. You can just attack and activate those with the elements with archers pretty easily. There are a couple of similar ones in the regular world too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Nah, they're just regular puzzles. You can just attack and activate those with the elements with archers pretty easily. There are a couple of similar ones in the regular world too.

I used Baron Bunny on it, there's one in Liyue you have to do something similar to activate.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Whoa they really sorted out the camera on PS4, it's crazy snappy now. No more sluggish vertical.
Oh, did they? I didn't really notice. I'm just glad they fixed the sliders, now if I want to make 100 dye I don't have to press R2 literally 100 times.

quote:

I can do better than that; I couldn't start the new content because of a pending unfinished Noelle hangout. Then I finished it and still can't do it because of the Eula thing. :v: Guess it's time to finally get that done.

Selane fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 9, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Selane posted:

Oh, did they? I didn't really notice. I'm just glad they fixed the sliders, now if I want to make 100 dye I don't have to press R2 literally 100 times.

I hear you. And yeah the camera feels nice and slippery now, I didn't touch any of the settings there. Bow aiming feels nicer now too.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t like the area being covered in fog on arrival gives a bad first impression. Also the time gate like usual is dumbad.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Flair posted:

Gift codes:

GenshinGalaxy
GenshinEpic

These codes suck lol

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is it listed any where which sets character in the teapot like to hangout in?

Boris Galerkin posted:

These codes suck lol

Its a reward for using the Epic Client after all.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

the billet cache is really nice

didnt expect being able to choose

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BexGu posted:

Is it listed any where which sets character in the teapot like to hangout in?

Its a reward for using the Epic Client after all.
It's listed on the recipe descriptions in the shop (all the character hangout sets are newly available for purchase as of this patch). There's a special tab for hangout sets on the set page when you're placing them as well which will tell you who wants which set. Don't know of an online list/infographic yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I think the feature I want more than anything in this game is to be able to mark artifacts as fodder from the reward screen. I know full well that the Def % maiden hat with flat def, flat atk, and flat HP is never getting any investment, just let me mark it for fodder, god drat