Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly, crafting speed is up there with reload speed as something that's never really felt like an issue in either game. If you're in a looter shooter thing where that can vary harder like Borderlands or something, I can understand but the guns have felt more like going for fire rate and clip capacity is more important.

maybe so, I can see your point for single player, but as a Factions tryhard I can tell you that the game can be played in some very entertaining and effective ways with fast-crafting, and no matter what mode someone is playing in they shouldn't overly rely on guns. tlou is not a shooter. shooting is 'a thing' one does in tlou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Hmmm. I searched the store for it, but it is not here in the UK

Just make a US account for stuff not on your local PSN store. Anything you download on it is accessible on your main/local account on the same console once it's installed.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Buying PSN credit for another country is a little bit of a hassle but it's waaaay easier than it was in the old days when people would be physically buying and scratching off cards to order

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would still say it’s too much of a pain in the rear end just to play some janky PS2 game, you’d be far quicker just emulating it on any PC made in the last decade.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For the most part I'd much rather appreciate the PS1-PS2 era from afar or via nostalgia than actually play any of that poo poo now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

For the most part I'd much rather appreciate the PS1-PS2 era from afar or via nostalgia than actually play any of that poo poo now.

As someone who just installed a HDD on their PS2 and loaded up loads of games, you are absolutely correct.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I still get an itching to play no one can stop mr domino now and again

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would still say it’s too much of a pain in the rear end just to play some janky PS2 game, you’d be far quicker just emulating it on any PC made in the last decade.
Bold of you to assume people would have a nerdbox in their house.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

Bold of you to assume people would have a nerdbox in their house.

:hmmyes:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I will be doing the emulation route. Only for 24 hours though. :nod:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Hal Insandenza posted:

It definitely did... at least I think it did.

In PS3 chat I just got my copy of Yakuza Kenzan in from ebay, I can't read any Japanese so I don't know how far I will get but I am going to give it a go.

use your phone and google auto translate app via the camera, i did it with the demo of yakuza 7 that time. gets tougher during cutscenes but still.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

As someone who just installed a HDD on their PS2 and loaded up loads of games, you are absolutely correct.

how long until that psio is installed on that psx

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I went to go buy Dark Cloud 2 to play on my PS4 but the videos of the game running on my TV made it look practically pixelated, it was what I would consider "unplayable". It really looked like i had just taken off my glasses it was so fuzzy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I went to go buy Dark Cloud 2 to play on my PS4 but the videos of the game running on my TV made it look practically pixelated, it was what I would consider "unplayable". It really looked like i had just taken off my glasses it was so fuzzy

The videos they have on PS Store are absolutely awfully compressed just just fyi. The PS2 classics you can also turn on/off a smoothing filter from what I remember.

Vikar Jerome posted:

how long until that psio is installed on that psx

I actually don’t own a PS1, nor will I. I got the PSTV that’ll play all those games.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I actually don’t own a PS1, nor will I. I got the PSTV that’ll play all those games.

Nerdbox and upscalling games to 1080p in my 40" screen is great for PS1/PS2 games :haw:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We’re back in post-apocalyptic, uhh, what city are we in now?…..America…..for the latest Veeg stream!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it's explicitly boston, fake fan detected

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Escobarbarian posted:

We’re back in post-apocalyptic, uhh, what city are we in now?…..America…..for the latest Veeg stream!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

I didn't know he was going to do Death Stranding

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bust Rodd posted:

it's a good game and I think it still looks pretty nice even now, cel-shading ages very well

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The PS4 port of Eternal Ring runs way better than on a PC emulator, but in the end it’s still Eternal Ring. :v:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Picked up Catherine Full Body since it was on sale, and it's been a bit of a game i've been meaning to pickup. Took 2-3 days to clear it. A lot of the puzzles had me really flustered but that is probably because i'm bad at the pushing and pulling of blocks, I cheated a bit by watching videos of a lot of the later levels which eased a lot of frustration. Really great story about relationships and general coming of age stuff. There is quite a bit of awkward stuff involving trans characters which was apparently worse in the original game, it's just sort of the next frontier of overall acceptance I suppose.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Akuma posted:

Buying PSN credit for another country is a little bit of a hassle but it's waaaay easier than it was in the old days when people would be physically buying and scratching off cards to order

I'm from the Middle East and my country didn't have a store AT ALL in the PS3 days so I've been using scratch cards for my PSN balance on a US account for more than 10 years. It's very annoying because Sony blocks international cards but Nintendo doesn't care - I can use my ME card on the US Eshop no problem and that's actually gotten me to buy Switch versions of games when I'm not in the mood to go hunt down cards.

It is much, much easier than it used to be now that you can just buy codes though

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

Picked up Catherine Full Body since it was on sale, and it's been a bit of a game i've been meaning to pickup. Took 2-3 days to clear it. A lot of the puzzles had me really flustered but that is probably because i'm bad at the pushing and pulling of blocks, I cheated a bit by watching videos of a lot of the later levels which eased a lot of frustration. Really great story about relationships and general coming of age stuff. There is quite a bit of awkward stuff involving trans characters which was apparently worse in the original game, it's just sort of the next frontier of overall acceptance I suppose.

Yeah, it's a fun game with great art and rad puzzles. There's some awkward poo poo in there but the story generally approaches the main character as a huge loving rear end in a top hat who's trying to do better so it's kind of a wash.

e; What ending did you get?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

infraboy posted:

There is quite a bit of awkward stuff involving trans characters which was apparently worse in the original game, it's just sort of the next frontier of overall acceptance I suppose.

Well, no. Full Body is worse about it because in the new ending where 'everything is right', Erika is a guy. Soooo you know. P-Studio seriously suck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, no. Full Body is worse about it because in the new ending where 'everything is right', Erika is a guy. Soooo you know. P-Studio seriously suck.

I think infraboy might've meant the japanese version

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

e; What ending did you get?

Ended up with the "good?" ending Vincent and Katherine make up and get married

Might be worth another playthrough and pick every jerk-choice but some of those puzzles had me so stuck forever all the while the floors keep dropping away.

I think Catherine Classic back in 2011 had a bit more cringey bits? Only read that from a review and they apparently cleaned it up a bit for Full body but it's still there.

The storyline with Rin was understandable but Erika gettin told by the boys was a little messed up

Sorta reminded me of the interactions between the two 13 sentinels characters.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

Ended up with the "good?" ending Vincent and Katherine make up and get married

there's a bunch of endings, in mine rin and vincent part ways amiably, catherine gets stabbed in the chest, and katherine dumps vincent to be a glamour model

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Guess i'll make a Rin "true ending" run, seems interesting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think infraboy might've meant the japanese version

Potentially. In which case, yes, it was toned down some but that almost seems like trying to wash over the shittiness and I dunno how to feel about that personally.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok goons, I own the entire Uncharted series including LL but have never played more than 2 hours of 1. Anyone else own an entire series of games they haven’t played?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I own every mainline Yakuza game (including Judgment twice) but have only played three and a bit of them. That’s the closest I come

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok goons, I own the entire Uncharted series including LL but have never played more than 2 hours of 1. Anyone else own an entire series of games they haven’t played?

You should play LL, it’s great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I own most of the Etrian Odyssey games and have played like the first floor of some of them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I own every telltale sam and max game and played about 15 minutes of the first one. Its the only games i hide in my steam library lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

MGS :)
And Dark Souls until recently.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Bust Rodd posted:

I have the Metal Gear Solid collection for the 360 I've never touched and now probably never will!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I own every telltale sam and max game and played about 15 minutes of the first one. Its the only games i hide in my steam library lol

:same: minus the hiding

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Holy poo poo metal gear twin snakes cost me 14 quid years ago and its going for £80+ now

A 6x ROI!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Holy poo poo metal gear twin snakes cost me 14 quid years ago and its going for £80+ now

A 6x ROI!

I bought a bunch of physical Persona games for PSP and PS2 and it feels like it was very recent but it turns out people will pay $200 for some of them. Like it is recent enough they are still sitting on my dvd rack and I'm kinda considering selling them all because who still has a DVD rack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A bunch of older games that I thought wouldn't be that rare seem to be going for good money. Recently found out my NTSC copy of Silent Hill 1 regularly sells for £150 depending on condition