Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Goon Discord: https://discord.gg/2yPyKptzYG

https://i.imgur.com/RwrkCe1.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/DiCL3is.mp4

comedyblissoption posted:

there's seriously something hosed w/ the hitreg in this game sometimes lol

https://v.redd.it/8yyxpxv51iz71/DASH_1080.mp4

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

countdown to the countdown lmao

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

countdown to the countdown lmao

:dice:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
EA is retarded.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Hahahahaha the surprise 1 hour countdown.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

In true :dice: fashion the reveal countdown was for a reveal countdown

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Yo, put the youtube stream on 2x playback and the countdown will also speed up.

Edit:

Okay, this just catches you up to the unbuffered part of the stream.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 9, 2021

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

this is an extremely dumb new trend

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

glad i tuned in just in time for a glitchy countdown clock.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh so the YouTube Countdown was a countdown to a countdown lol we still got another hour to go.

BF6 confirmed bad and dumb.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
wow im happy i tuned in at the specified time to find out there was another 60 min countdown.

Thanks EA!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

Are you getting up there in age and tired of extremely low TTK twitch shooters

lmao as if I'm not going to play hc exclusively and one shot people in their pinky toe with my sniper

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1402627520684560394

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
as someone who has professionally brought software products to market:

LMAO EA

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The people in youtube chat simultaneously going AWWWWWWWW was worth it :discourse:

Edit: I hope this game doesn't suck. I played every battlefield from 1942 - BF3 but fell off around 4 and never played more than an hour of 1 or V.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
New Battlefield game already off to a good start I see

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I gotta admit, the countdown to the countdown was pretty hilarious. Why on earth would they do that! The chat went bananas.

Really excited about this. I think Battlefield is my most-played game ever. Can't wait for one to take advantage of the PS5 (I know it's cross-gen, but still).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m working, give me highlights of the countdown to the countdown to the announcement of the next countdown that will lead up to a beta trailer ETA

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

For the love of gently caress, please be good. I've been playing just a little bit of BF4 for nostalgia's sake a while back, and it's remarkable how much better it felt than either BF1 or BFV. Just give me weird semi-future gadgets to bully snipers with, that's all I want.

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
The only thing more deadly than bullets are my driving skills. I am ready to disappoint all of my squad mates.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I really hope that since their last game was disappointing, we have new consoles and COD is dominating, these guys are really pulling out the stops.

henpod fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 9, 2021

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Battlefield 2042

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Perestroika posted:

For the love of gently caress, please be good. I've been playing just a little bit of BF4 for nostalgia's sake a while back, and it's remarkable how much better it felt than either BF1 or BFV. Just give me weird semi-future gadgets to bully snipers with, that's all I want.

God yes, I want the little spotting drone thing from 4 that had the laser you could blow up explosives with

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

henpod posted:

I really hope that since their last game was disappointing, we new have consoles and COD is dominating, these guys are really pulling out the stops.

Well they canceled both Battlefront 2 and BFV's live service to put all the teams on this soooo maybe.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I hope the game has guns

e: and vehicles, maybe

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hello I am looking forward to seeing lots of old names and friendly voices I haven't seen in a long time in BATTLEFIELD 6

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

not only do i hope it has guns i hope i can click with them

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Too Many Birds posted:

not only do i hope it has guns i hope i can click with them

it is rumored you will be able to both click with them and hold W at the same time!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
It's not Bad Company 3 so it's already a failure.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Carl Gustav

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

it is rumored you will be able to both click with them and hold W at the same time!

:dice: catering to loving casuals

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is pretty much dead on arrival unless its a Battle Royale that shakes up the genre. I don't care for Battlefield either way, and would never play a BR, but most people that play these games only want to play BR modes now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm very curious to see how many resources they dedicated to their BR mode. I'd be very interested in being present during the meeting where they decide if they're going to allocate the resources to build out a robust firestorm/whatever experience that meets player expectations or if they cede the BR space (or promise it after launch) to focus on the core gameplay and features that players play battlefield for and attempt to breathe life in the franchise by going back to what made them great.

From a monetization perspective, I'd probably argue that having some sort of tacked on minimally viable BR experience at launch is a requirement in order to roll out the game "as a service" and keeps user engaged by selling them the treadmill of a "battlepass".

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I said come in! posted:

This game is pretty much dead on arrival unless its a Battle Royale that shakes up the genre. I don't care for Battlefield either way, and would never play a BR, but most people that play these games only want to play BR modes now.

It's likely going to have a BR mode

Plot wise just heard in the countdown "The UN has announced nearly 1 billion people have been displaced due to the drastic" then cut out and earlier something about a Category 6 storm

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lol at anyone who thinks an F2P BR isn't going to be a major part of Battlefart 6 2042 Buttlefield's release.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
64vs64 player combined arms battles is more interesting than Battle Royales for a fair amount of gamers. I don't think the markets really overlap much. I've never had any interest touching a BR.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
BFV DLC announcement.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

It won't be DOA, but if you're going to put out a BR mode it has to be f2p to compete. Firestorm mode in Battlefield V died at launch because it was behind a paywall.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

64vs64 player combined arms battles is more interesting than Battle Royales for a fair amount of gamers. I don't think the markets really overlap much. I've never had any interest touching a BR.

I agree with this but I'd be super interested in seeing some research about it.

Propaganda Hour posted:

It won't be DOA, but if you're going to put out a BR mode it has to be f2p to compete. Firestorm mode in Battlefield V died at launch because it was behind a paywall.

it was also terrible :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

Every time I have the itch to play a BR and then do I'm instantly reminded why I stopped