Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Waroduce posted:

it was also terrible :(

People love terrible games. Look at overwatch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
click this link instead of the countdown, it starts in <1 minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzOzrB-a9E

edit: lol this also has the countdown it's just starting from 2 minutes

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Malloc Voidstar posted:

click this link instead of the countdown, it starts in <1 minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzOzrB-a9E

This is such a strange way to show a trailer.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
More countdowns!!! Hahhh

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The BR genre is also pretty saturated with longer matured games. The regular old shooting has never really been Battlefield's main strength. Sure, it's generally decent and serviceable, but doesn't usually feel as tight and responsive as its competitors. Unless they really step up their game in that regard or find a very unique gimmick, I can't really see it managing to compete with the likes of Apex.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

jisforjosh posted:

Every time I have the itch to play a BR and then do I'm instantly reminded why I stopped

Because you dont have 3 other friends?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perestroika posted:

The BR genre is also pretty saturated with longer matured games. The regular old shooting has never really been Battlefield's main strength. Sure, it's generally decent and serviceable, but doesn't usually feel as tight and responsive as its competitors. Unless they really step up their game in that regard or find a very unique gimmick, I can't really see it managing to compete with the likes of Apex.

Surprise this game has Titans

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I see the rumor about 64v64 player maps and that does the exact opposite of make me excited considering battlefields history with balance issues. It feels like they are just tacking on that number because NEXT-GEN, with no real thought to actually making it work.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well that wall coming down sure just looked like a levolution thingy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol holy loving poo poo the jet scene

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
lmao the eject maneuver

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Wtf is that little motorcycle? I wanna shoot people from that thing

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Lmao another date

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait to call in a tornado behemoth.

Well, I wasn't going to let myself get excited but the fact that they're even calling it Battlefield 2042 fills my tummy with the fuzzies.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I am very excited to see gameplay. This could be amazing!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Looks like gameplay will be at Xbox conference.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

First ramping the quad in the the helo, then a loving rendezook. Looks like somebody finally remembered that the best part about Battlefield is doing incredibly dumb cool fun poo poo. Mark me down as cautiously optimistic.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

0/10 for the ATV not being strapped with C4 before hitting the littlebird.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The fact that they explicitly showed jihad quad and ejecting from a jet rocket launcher gives me hope.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The most unrealistic thing about the jet scene was the F-35 flying through a cloud without making GBS threads itself.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

I saw damavand peak, that's one of my favourite peaks.

also a scifi tuk tuk.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

The fact that they explicitly showed jihad quad and ejecting from a jet rocket launcher gives me hope.

Yeah it basically felt like an extremely high quality fan trailer so hopefully this is just Fun

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Symetrique posted:

0/10 for the ATV not being strapped with C4 before hitting the littlebird.

yeah, why didnt they do that when they put jumping out of the jet and rocketing the other jet in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like I would be more excited for that trailer if I was back in college, I wore hats on backwards, and put on too much axe body spray.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Philman posted:

I saw damavand peak, that's one of my favourite peaks.

also a scifi tuk tuk.

That initial skydive was also SO awesome.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Raged posted:

The most unrealistic thing about the jet scene was the F-35 flying through a cloud without getting stuck in the skybox.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Wow a return to my favorite battlefield, yes me with the bad taste and questionable choices.

Are you okay DICE?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I nearly died of disappointment when I saw 2042 and My brain interpreted it as 2142 and then I had to remember that was a different game lol.

it seems cool, it definitely seems like there arent going to be warring 'countries' anymore more like a bunch of Mercenary factions, I dunno, I'm cautiously optimistic but I guess we'll have to wait for yet another arbitrary reveal date for more.

Also LOL the idea that soldiers would be so close together in their hundreds like it's a watergun fight is supremely hilarious to me.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Soldier you are tasked with blowing up that rocket full of trillionaires before it leaves the atmosphere.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Fried Watermelon posted:

Soldier you are tasked with blowing up that rocket full of trillionaires before it leaves the atmosphere.

Good luck and Godspeed.

*channels Randy Quaid from Independance Day* HELLO BOYS, IM BAAAAAACK

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
It seems like they are embracing the true Battlefield-ness that makes Battlefield at its best.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I keep looking again and again at the trailer and for the life of me I cant find any form of 'countries' or alliances, but I did see a bunch of corporate looking logos so my suspicion that this is a mercenaries game might be true.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Releases Oct 22.

See the maps and more info here - https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/game-overview/maps

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Gameplay reveal on sunday.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I keep looking again and again at the trailer and for the life of me I cant find any form of 'countries' or alliances, but I did see a bunch of corporate looking logos so my suspicion that this is a mercenaries game might be true.

There was also an audio snippet during the countdown talking about "... stranded soldiers left without a country to fight for".

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Trailer looked fun and good. Definitely have some hope now for 2142: The Prequel.

Definitely saw some "leveloution" hints, and a lot of fan favorite highlights. Still will come down to the execution...

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Vehicles are player-requested air drops lmao.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eh. Idk what would've gotten me hyped for a new Battlefield but that wasn't really it. I guess I'll check out the gameplay reveal and see what's up.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

quote:

**Xbox One and PlayStation®4 supports 64 players. 128 players and massive-scale maps are available on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and PlayStation®5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Updating OP