Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sucrose is the best anemo, at least until we get Sayu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Sucrose is kind of a budget Venti, but since Venti is so amazing that averages out to "actually really good."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I'll take "budget Venti" any day, assuming she'll actually show up :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

kater posted:

Sucrose like all anemo characters is not good.

Even if this was true, she's adorable so who cares.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If anemo traveler was the only anemo character they'd be competitive. It's hard to articulate how broken 4 piece Venerer is, this one element gets to use an artifact set that's just so much better than the others.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
sucrose pretty handily outclasses venti in single-target damage contribution or against mobs that can't be sucked up with venti's burst, it's just that venti is so good at crowd control and you spend so much of the game herding crowds and he's still really good at single-target.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

With the gear I have for Sucrose I can throw her burst and usually get three skills out while a bunch of mobs are being juggled and hit with whatever element I threw on them with a wall of numbers and the end result is almost invariably that she has her burst back up and everything's dead. She's absolutely nuts and shouldn't be overlooked.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not like most characters can meaningfully interact with Venti's burst, you may as well get familiar with Sucrose because she has zero of those issues.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

actually nm sucrose cool

kater fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 9, 2021

Selane
May 19, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

With the gear I have for Sucrose I can throw her burst and usually get three skills out while a bunch of mobs are being juggled and hit with whatever element I threw on them with a wall of numbers and the end result is almost invariably that she has her burst back up and everything's dead. She's absolutely nuts and shouldn't be overlooked.

Yeah this video covers it pretty well. And this is from before the EM buff.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speaking of which, here's a fun video of that Sucrose DPS comp after the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4WuLgE8qk

Spoilers: It's Good.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i like xiao but didnt look at any of the buffs so im just assuming he's unchanged :v:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Okay I know I have over a month to do it, but because Genshin content producers are loving insane, is there already a video with the locations of all the conches yet?

I just don't have to to comb through the islands and track them down myself.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

inthesto posted:

Okay I know I have over a month to do it, but because Genshin content producers are loving insane, is there already a video with the locations of all the conches yet?

kyo already has a first part uploaded so while its not the entire list its probably a good starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubipakVhpfc

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It also stands that it's really easy to get the +3 to her skill and burst in her constellations compared to getting the same for Venti 5 star. I mean it's just really easy. Sooooooooo easy. Can you even believe some people don't have her? God, what lifeless chumps.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

inthesto posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. There's only five so far, and the minimap displays a little icon over their location when you're nearby. You're unlikely to miss any of them so long as you set foot on each of the little islands.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lmao can you imagine if this game had used Breath of the Wild's weapon degradation system as well as its general elemental reaction and exploration mechanics? The salt would be loving unreal.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Lmao can you imagine if this game had used Breath of the Wild's weapon degradation system as well as its general elemental reaction and exploration mechanics? The salt would be loving unreal.

gacha players are brokebrained but nobody would pay real money for gacha weapons that degrade

i hope

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've been dropping Sucrose for Xiangling on Floor 12 in this past Abyss version since her damage wasn't cutting it. Just tried it again and I was able to 3* clear 12-1 and 12-2 way more easily than when I did it Xiangling. My buffs are even dogshit (weakpoint and +20% ATK). I should be able to do 12-3 with at least one good buff.

Swirl buff must be doing its job.

Pro-tip: freeze is good vs lectors because it shuts them the gently caress up

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

gacha players are brokebrained but nobody would pay real money for gacha weapons that degrade

i hope

Waifus that degrade. We'll be rich!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have absolutely no idea but Paimon's kinda growing on me as a character. I no longer hate when she speaks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The writing for Paimon is self-aware enough to perfectly balance out the overt cutesiness. I think most people who are initially turned off by "stereotypical cute mascot #n" quickly come around after a few early quests.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You don't mind her once you have a few weeks between seeing her. The initial twenty hour binge of the story content has an admittedly high paimon talking to gameplay ratio.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Pre-farming arts for Kaz, I've got the domain down to an art:

Could still be faster if Mona had a proper DPS set/I hadn't swiped all Venti's good arts for Xiao/Zhongli was built for burst damage and not Crescent Pike.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

yeah i like paimon now because they keep letting me tell her she's a greedy idiot that i keep around to eat, it is the same relationship i have with all of my dearest friends irl so they clearly knew what they were doing

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Thank god they made Venti viable at last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gBLFsdPKw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mmm numbers
https://i.imgur.com/6zwIgyD.mp4

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

eula quest continues to cause issues as apparently i'm not allowed to enter my teapot due to it being active/in a certain stage? mihoyo please

e: well finishing the current step of the quest fixed it, but no idea why that would have bearing on the teapot offhand

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 10, 2021

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

wait, do shields literally just block all damage and let you facetank poo poo?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Diona and zhong let's you ignore mechanics, yes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I mean, that encounter specifically asks you to use a shield to counter its biggest attack, but yeah shields let you facetank most things in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah shields own

If/when Zhongli is on a banner again I am probably going to spend money to get him, I won't be able to resist. Right now my only shielder is Noelle and even she helps a lot with survivability.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
crystallize shields just got buffed by a lot, so they're pretty viable too.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Diona is a decent shielder too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Speaking of which, here's a fun video of that Sucrose DPS comp after the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4WuLgE8qk

Spoilers: It's Good.

I have both Venti AND a C6 Sucrose by a twist of fate, not even targeting her honestly, so I'm at a loss what to do, maybe just farm two VV sets lol? This video makes me want to take full advantage of her kit

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

SlimGoodbody posted:

I noticed a puzzle chest with submerged ice and fire elemental pillars near one of the beacon islands, so I think we'll probably be either lowering water levels or raising up some land masses.

I saw that one, managed it by using amber to drop baron bunny on it, got the ice one by dropping rosarias burst. Used kaeya to build a little ice bridge out to it.

Someone said in relation to the hide and seek event that this them testing the matchmaking system. I think this event is the same: testing the vehicle system.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hide and seek was like... the fifth event that's used matchmaking, on top of co-op that's been using matchmaking since day 1.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It was the first somewhat-PvP content in the game though

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lobsterpillar posted:

I saw that one, managed it by using amber to drop baron bunny on it, got the ice one by dropping rosarias burst. Used kaeya to build a little ice bridge out to it.

Thanks, I'll try this with Amber, Kaeya, and maybe Eula if her burst is is spherical enough!

quote:

Someone said in relation to the hide and seek event that this them testing the matchmaking system. I think this event is the same: testing the vehicle system.

The hide n seek was cute and fun so that was a good idea on their part, but oh lordy yes please give me a way to get around quickly without just teleporting to the highest spot in the area and gliding down to where I wanna be. Gimme a little carriage I can upgrade to have weapons and a boat mode and an airship mode, absolutely, hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

wait, do shields literally just block all damage and let you facetank poo poo?

I'll throw up a Zhongli shield and then my archers can just do charged shots to enemy archer faces all day long, because none of the hits she takes will stagger her out of aimed shot mode while shielded.

Also, there's an achievement for beating Oceanid without ever taking damage from the exploding water spheres. That's probably really hard to do as intended, but when the shields just block the damage, you get the cheevo by accident.

So really shields go beyond just blocking damage and provide bonus goodies on top of that because a lot of game mechanics are predicated on the idea that you'll take damage before they trigger. It's actually ridiculous.