Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Doom Goon posted:

OMG.

Oh, before I forget, I'm doing the GBA Randomizer :toxx: again, same as last time:
Mild runs only. $1.10 per goon up to 20 for every goon that completes a run to the end (must complete a standard run first) using Can Of Worms's Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer. Make sure to emptyquote this post on a win so I can see it! Oh, and please don't use the FFV4JF site (probably not cool crowning on impossible runs). It's up to you if you want to spoil the Jobs you get or not but I'd recommend it to reduce grinding and magic level confusion. Also, I'll probably wait until next year to actually donate so I can kill two birds with one stone and water that tree.
:siren:Also, make sure you use the clean unpatched Final Fantasy V Advance US ROM (CRC32 7A24AB0C)! You'll get game-breaking errors with the EU version or patched ROMs that change job stuff.

Note that Exdeath 0.6+ implements a randomizer for GBA as well, albeit with a modified algorithm that allows you to set innates globally (the QoL ones, anyway). It also refuses to let you use a wrong base ROM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
If you've Fiesta'd a bunch already I recommend giving Waddler's mod a try. I'm about to enter The Void with a Pure Chaos party of Geomancer, Berserker, Thief, Ninja and it's been some of the most fun I've had playing FJF.

I think I'm going to have my Geomancer dual wield the Rune Axe and a Titan's Axe vs NED. Berserker can just two hand the other Titan's Axe.

Definitely using this mod if I get a real poo poo team to help make it bearable and not burn out.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I am pumped for Fiesta again.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Shyfted One posted:

If you've Fiesta'd a bunch already I recommend giving Waddler's mod a try. I'm about to enter The Void with a Pure Chaos party of Geomancer, Berserker, Thief, Ninja and it's been some of the most fun I've had playing FJF.

I think I'm going to have my Geomancer dual wield the Rune Axe and a Titan's Axe vs NED. Berserker can just two hand the other Titan's Axe.

Definitely using this mod if I get a real poo poo team to help make it bearable and not burn out.

This is probably the best thing I've heard in response to my rebalance. Thank you so much! I'm glad that you're having fun!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Shaezerus posted:

Funny you say that.

Quoting this because it didn't get anywhere near the proper amount of appreciation at the bottom of the previous page.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Quoting this because it didn't get anywhere near the proper amount of appreciation at the bottom of the previous page.

Metal AF

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Okay, here's a more radical :toxx: that I'm going to add on top of my last one.
Number Go Up
Recommended: Thief, but not Samurai
Complete the game without spending any money (which includes using !cointoss).

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402681856152248324

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Whats the generally preferred setup/patches/whatever to run with? Theres a LOT of info floating around on this.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

There are three major mods/patches that effect the game noticeably, all available in the Exdeath patcher!

The most basic bitch one is Fiesta mode - this unlocks all jobs, including the advance jobs, from the word go. This is useful and fun to not have to run four freelancers if you're doing a .purechaos run or something and don't unlock your job until the earth crystal!

The next mod is the wormsofcan rebalance - it changes things hugely, involving a lot of scripting and rebalances classes pretty heavily. Here's the post sharing it, and here's the mod itself! The readme goes over it better than I ever could.

Another one is the wormsofcan randomizer, also available in the Exdeath patcher! This, well, randomizes things! Specifically jobs and abilities. It comes in mild and extra spicy versions, the mild changes things on a per job basis so you could have a White Mage who has !Rapidfire as their base ability and gains !Call and Equip Axes among other things as they level. Extra spicy randomizes each job per character - what Butz is as a Knight is not what Krile is as a Knight!

And then there's my rebalance, which mostly aims to buff up underperforming jobs and giving some QOL improvements like making Reflect Rings and Staves of Light a guaranteed drop, and making a (nerfed) Thief Knife available as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula! You can find the current readme for it here! which includes patch notes and version differences!

E: Worth noting that Exdeath also includes things like the sound restoration patch, FFT style portraits for the cast, randomized Neo Exdeath sprites including the classic Cactuar, and multiple xp/abp/and gil multipliers you can apply from 1* to 8*, and innate passives like Learning, Dash, Find Pits, and Light Step!
E2: There's also the custom classes patch by Jeff Ludwig, which I have no personal time with, but by all accounts is amazing - and is also included in the patcher!

Galick fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 9, 2021

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

DalaranJ posted:

Number Go Up

Oh, now that's an interesting challenge. I'll definitely give it a shot if I get a decent team for it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Number Go Up

Oh man, there's a toxx that spices things up. I don't care what team I have, im doin this first run.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
That's a tough toxx. Sounds like it'd be fun to figure out though. I'd have to look up more of the game since I'd actually really care about drops instead of the few I have memorized. Hopefully my team would be ok without me farming rare dropped Hermes Sandals from Cheries. Definitely farming a bunch of Elixers early on.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

We're up to patch 3.3.2 on my rebalance, so I figured I'd post the readme again for anyone who's interested!

Hello there! First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this or even consider playing my rebalance. I really appreciate it! You can feel free to give me critique or suggestions or report any bugs in the FFV Goons Discord server, or message me directly at The Great Waddler#3967 on Discord.

My design goals for this hack are pretty simple: Give the weaker or less interesting jobs more interesting or powerful things to do. In addition to that, I'll be doing my best to fix some old bugs in the game that have been in there forever, ergo the Power Drink not actually increasing your attack and !Mineuchi having the proper paralysis associated with it.

Later on, I'll be releasing a secondary hack alongside this one that fine tunes bosses to be more fun and engaging, but this will always be an optional opt-into hack released in addition to the class rebalance. It will not be pure numbers go up, and in fact, it will include some things like tanking Omega's Evade so that non-!Rapidfire or Stoplock means of hurting it exist.

Here are the general changes from the base game to the hack!

#Class Specific Changes

#Monk
- Attributes: Monk's base magic stat is now 30 (previously 1)
- Equipment: Monk can now equip Staff weapons and mage armors.
- Equipment: The Kaiser Knuckles now grant Always: Haste in addition to their other effects.
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !White magic in place of HP+10%
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !Spellblade in place of HP+20%
- Skills: Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter. Counter is still innate.
- General: Fists are now Magic Sword OK.

#Thief
- Skills: Thieves now gain Read Ahead in place of Find Passage. Find Passage is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain Long Reach in place of Sprint. Sprint is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Open Fire in place of Steal. Steal is still their primary skill.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Combine in place of Artful Dodger. Artful Dodger has been moved to level 6.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Mug one level earlier, in place of Vigilance. Vigilance is still innate to Thieves.
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant +5 speed (previously +3 speed)
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste. They are still only equippable by Thieves and Freelancers.
- Drops: Shot for the Thief's new !Combine skill has been added to the drop pools.
- Drops: Buckshot is now a guaranteed drop from Black Flames in World 1, Birostris in World 2, and the Elm Gigas in World 3.
- Drops: Blastshot is now a guaranteed drop from Blood Slimes in World 2, and the Executors in World 3
- Drops: Blitzshot is now a guaranteed drop from Mummies in World 3.

#Geomancer
- Attributes: Geomancer's base strenegth is now 35 (previously 28)
- Attributes: Geomancer's base magic is now 52 (previously 48)
- Equipment: Geomancers can now equip Axes.
- Equipment: Geomancer can now equip Rods.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Axes in place of Find Pits. Find Pits is still innate to the Geomancer.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Rods in place of Light Step. Light Step is still innate to the Geomancer.

#Dragoon
- Attributes: Dragoon's base strength is now 48 (previously 42)
- Attributes: Dragoon's base magic is now 35 (previously 12)
- Skills: Dragoons now learn Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is purely so that Dragoons cannot pass on Spears.
- Equipment: All spears but Longinus and the Dragon Lance have had their attack values raised significantly.

#Berserker
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate Counter so that the violence will continue even when off their turn. (Currently bugged)
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate 2-Handed so that the violence will be greater than ever before.
- Skills: Berserkers now learn Exp Up in place of Berserk. Berserk is still innate to the Berserker.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe has First Strike.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe's attack is now 102 (previously 71).
- Equipment: The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 50% of the time (previously 25%)

#White Mage
- Equipment: White Mages can now equip Hammers and Whips in addition to Staff weapons.
- Skills: White Mages now gain !Revive in place of MP+10%

#Dancer
- Attributes: Dancer's base vitality is now 22 (previously 14).
- The Dancer now has the Magic Shell ability innately, granting them Shell when reduced to critical HP.

#Red Mage
- Design Notes: Red Mage has been redesigned from the ground up. This was intended to fill their niche as a unique hybrid rather than a sub-par fighter and mage past world 2.
- Skills: Red Mage's primary command is now !Dualcast, instead of !Red. Later, they will have three empty slots with !Dualcast taking place of !Attack but this is unfeasible for the moment.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Red level 3 in place of !Red level 1.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Focus in place of !Red level 2. This is to facilitate being able to fight rather than being a pure caster.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Time level 3 in place of !Red level 3, which was moved to an earlier level.
- Skills: !Dualcast remains unchanged for now, being a 999 ABP capstone. Its cost to learn will reduce in the future.
- Equipment: Red Mages can now equip Flails and Bows in addition to their other weapon types.

#Summoner
- Skills: Summoners now learn !Call as their first ability, rather than !Summon level 1. Summoner learns the !Summon skills as they gain ABP in the job as normal, with the capstone being !Summon level 5.

#Knight
- Skills: Knights now learn !Blade Blitz in place of Equip Armor.

#Ranger
- Skills: Rangers have !Aim in place of !Attack.
- Skills: Rangers primary skill is now !Animals in place of !Aim.

#Gladiator
- Equipment: Gladiators can no longer equip the spear type weapon.

#Oracle
- Equipment: Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives

#Beastmaster
- Attributes: The Beastmaster's base Agility is now 35 (previously 25)

#Monsters
- Drops: The Reflect Knight now has Reflect Rings in both drop slots.
- Drops: The Metamorph now has the Staff of Light in both drop slots.
- Drops: The wild Garula now rarely drops the Thief Knife.
- Drops: The Iron Giant now rarely drops the Gladius.

#General
- Equipment: The Thief Knife has been lowered to 18 base attack power, but is now available in Walse as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula. This is to facilitate early criming for parties that lack a Thief.
- Equipment: Spear's (Steal: Shell Bear) Attack value has increased from 25 -> 49
- Equipment: Javelin's (Steal: Sand Bear) Attack Value has increased from 55 -> 60, and is now a (Common) Steal from Bone Dragons. Sand Bears now have Ethers in place of their previous Steal.
- Equipment: Mythril Spear's (Karnak) Attack value has increased from 30 to 37.
- Equipment: Trident's (Jachol) Attack value has increased from 38 to 48.
- Equipment: Wind Spear's (Manticore, W2 shops) Attack value has increased from 44 to 52.
- Equipment: Heavy Lance's (Surgate) Attack value has increaseed from 54 to 57.
- Equipment: Partisan's (Ziggurat Gigas) Attack value has increased from 62 to 85.
- Equipment: The Holy Lance's (Weapon. Legendary. One of twelve of them.) Attack value has increased from 109 to 113.
- Equipment: Longinus' (Steal: Stingray now) Attack value has been lowered from 132 to 121. Its Strength bonus has increased to +5. It is now available before the postgame.
- Equipment: The Thief Knife's proc rate has been increased to 100% (previously 33%)
- Equipment: The Rune Chime's attack power has been increased to 70 (previously 45)
- Equipment: The Blood Sword's accuracy has been boosted to 75% (previously 25%)
- Equipment: The Blitz Whip now has a 50% chance to cast Thundara (previously Thunder) on hit (previously 33%)
- Equipment: The Gladius is now no longer Holy elemental, and has had its power reduced to 95 (previously 118). It is now a rare drop from Iron Giants.
- Equipment: The Gaia Bell now has a 75% chance to cast Quake (previously 25)

Version Changes:
#3.1:
- Updated Ranger, Summoner, gave Thief and Knight the Cannoneer and Gladiator abilities.
- Rune Axe now grants First Strike.
- Thief Gauntlet now grants Always: Haste.
- Logged a bug where Spears are not two handable. This will be fixed in a later patch.
- Fixed a bug where Berserker was dual wielding rather than two handing.
- Logged a bug where the Moonring Blade was not usable to cast Haste. As a workaround, the Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste but are only equippable by Thieves.

#3.2:
- Geomancer's strength has increased to 35 (previously 28)
- Dragoon now gains Lure in place of Equip Spears. This is intended to leave spears as a niche for Dragoons and Freelancers with their buffs.
- Dancer's vitality has increased to 22 (previously 14). This is to put it on par with mages.
- The Thief Knife's damage has been lowered to a base of 18. To compensate for this, it is now available in world 1 as a rare drop off of the fleeing Garula. The Thief Knife in Mirage is still available, but is similarly weaker.
- All spears but the Dragon Lance and Longinus have had their attack stat increased to lean into the Dragoon niche of hitting as hard as possible, but only once. They are similarly only equippable by Dragoons, Freelancers, and Oracles now. This is an indirect nerf to Gladiator I suppose.
- Longinus is now available earlier than the Sealed Temple, though it has been slightly weakened for this. It is now a rare steal from Stingray in World 3.
- Spears are no longer Throwable.
- Monks now learn !Drink in place of Counter.
- Dragoon's base strength has increased to 48 (previously 42)
- Geomancers can now equip Axes and Hammers.
- Oracles can now equip Spears and Knives.
- The Rune Axe's base attack is now 90 (previously 71).
- The Gaia Hammer now casts Quake 50% of the time (previously 25%)
#Bugs:
- Noted a bug where Berserkers cannot counter attack due to being Berserk. This will be fixed in a later patch.

#3.2.1
#Bugs
- Found a bug where Red Mage was not receiving three empty slots as they should be. Will require more major editing to repair, for now as a workaround, Red Mage has !Attack, !Dualcast, an empty slot, and !Item.

#3.3
#Bugs
- With help from Síle, repaired the bug where classes would not learn magic abilities properly without having the levels prior.
#Updates
- !Combine is now Thief's capstone ability, costing 300 ABP. Their level 5 ability is now !Mug, while level 6 is Artful Dodger.
- Shots of varying sorts have been added as guaranteed drops in select locations in each world. Buckshot is available in World 1, Buck and Blast are available in World 2, and all three are available in World 3. The location/enemy for each is noted in the Thief entry.

#3.3.1
- The White Serpent in the wind shrine now has a chance of dropping a Dagger, and both of its steal slots have Daggers.
- The Gaia Hammer's proc rate is now 50% as it properly should've been.
- Octokrakens can now drop Staffs.
- Page 128 now has the Healing Staff as a rare steal.
- Moldwind, Calcruthl, Undead Husks, Ra Mages, Kuza Beasts, Skull Eaters, Cure Beasts, Magic Dragons, and Level Checkers now have Elixirs as their rare steal in addition to dropping them normally, opening up varying amounts of crime.
#Bugs
- With help from Wormsofcan, unarmed !Spellblade now applies its effects properly.
- When you use the L and R buttons to swap characters in the Abilities screen, their abilities may disappear. This is purely cosmetic and the abilities will return when you close the Abilities screen and return.

#3.3.2
- The Thief Knife's proc rate has been increased to 100% (previously 33%)
- The Rune Chime's attack power has been increased to 70 (previously 45)
- The Blood Sword's accuracy has been boosted to 75% (previously 25%)
- The Blitz Whip now has a 50% chance to cast Thundara (previously Thunder) on hit (previously 33%)
- The Gladius is now no longer Holy elemental, and has had its power reduced to 95 (previously 118). It is now a rare drop from Iron Giants.
- The Dancer now has the Magic Shell ability innately, granting them Shell when reduced to critical HP.
- The Monk's base Magic stat is now 30 (previously 24, previously 1)
- The Gaia Bell now has a 75% chance to cast Quake (previously 25)
- The Fire Lash now has a 50% chancee to cast Firaga (previously 33)
#Bugs
- Thanks to Sile, the abilities disappearing bug has been resolved.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

Number Go Up

Yeah this one's interesting. Would really have to think through the attrition between sections you can't get a free heal on and/or farm tents whenever possible. White/Black/Red/Time/Mystic would all be essentially unplayable.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You'd have to have Thieves for your Wind job, but getting past Carl Boss is going to be a bit of a challenge very grindy.

Maybe Thief/Summoner/Beastmaster/Chemist?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
You could get pretty far with any job considering the easy Elixer access you have early in the game.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Blue Mage's easier than Thief I'd say. Hell, get Blue Mage / Summoner / Bard and the challenge doesn't differ all that much from a normal run.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Monk is pretty good too, since Chakra and, y'know, barehanded.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Blue as your Wind Job would also be pretty easy-mode, at the very least for early game.

e:f;b

Edit: Though depending on the rest of the party, I might still prefer Thief. Definitely a run where I’d peek at my jobs ahead of time, see if it’s feasible.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 9, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Here’s a dirty secret… I’ve never had to update a patched rom before. Can I patch over the patched rom or do I need to use the clean one again?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

hopeandjoy posted:

Here’s a dirty secret… I’ve never had to update a patched rom before. Can I patch over the patched rom or do I need to use the clean one again?

Should probably use a clean rom

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Galick posted:

There are three major mods/patches that effect the game noticeably, all available in the Exdeath patcher!

The most basic bitch one is Fiesta mode - this unlocks all jobs, including the advance jobs, from the word go. This is useful and fun to not have to run four freelancers if you're doing a .purechaos run or something and don't unlock your job until the earth crystal!

The next mod is the wormsofcan rebalance - it changes things hugely, involving a lot of scripting and rebalances classes pretty heavily. Here's the post sharing it, and here's the mod itself! The readme goes over it better than I ever could.

Another one is the wormsofcan randomizer, also available in the Exdeath patcher! This, well, randomizes things! Specifically jobs and abilities. It comes in mild and extra spicy versions, the mild changes things on a per job basis so you could have a White Mage who has !Rapidfire as their base ability and gains !Call and Equip Axes among other things as they level. Extra spicy randomizes each job per character - what Butz is as a Knight is not what Krile is as a Knight!

And then there's my rebalance, which mostly aims to buff up underperforming jobs and giving some QOL improvements like making Reflect Rings and Staves of Light a guaranteed drop, and making a (nerfed) Thief Knife available as a rare drop from the fleeing Garula! You can find the current readme for it here! which includes patch notes and version differences!

E: Worth noting that Exdeath also includes things like the sound restoration patch, FFT style portraits for the cast, randomized Neo Exdeath sprites including the classic Cactuar, and multiple xp/abp/and gil multipliers you can apply from 1* to 8*, and innate passives like Learning, Dash, Find Pits, and Light Step!
E2: There's also the custom classes patch by Jeff Ludwig, which I have no personal time with, but by all accounts is amazing - and is also included in the patcher!

Does this let you choose what patches you want? Like if I wanted just random ned sprites and fiesta mod? Do you need to repatch each playthrough or does ned randomly change between attempts/saves?

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

You only need to patch the once, and you can pick and choose whatever you'd like! You can go no mods at all, just Fiesta, Fiesta with a NED replacer, a randomizer with gains multipliers...whatever you'd like really!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Exdeath 0.7.1 has been released, with a bugfix for the randomizer and updating Waddler Rebalance to v3.3.2.

Mustached Demon posted:

Does this let you choose what patches you want? Like if I wanted just random ned sprites and fiesta mod? Do you need to repatch each playthrough or does ned randomly change between attempts/saves?

Unfortunately, you will need to patch for each different NED. I don't begin to have the chops to insert every single NED in to the ROM and pick a new one every run. Sorry!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aerdan posted:

Exdeath 0.7.1 has been released, with a bugfix for the randomizer and updating Waddler Rebalance to v3.3.2.

Unfortunately, you will need to patch for each different NED. I don't begin to have the chops to insert every single NED in to the ROM and pick a new one every run. Sorry!

That's ok! I can handle the wind shrine in exchange for random Ned.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Mustached Demon posted:

That's ok! I can handle the wind shrine in exchange for random Ned.

Oh. You can copy the save over, no problem. Savestates during the final battle may or may not work (so don't do that), but as long as NED isn't actually loaded…

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Aerdan posted:

Oh. You can copy the save over, no problem. Savestates during the final battle may or may not work (so don't do that), but as long as NED isn't actually loaded…

Yeah, in fact I just loaded a battery save on an Exdeath 0.7.1 ROM that started on an Exdeath 0.7.0 ROM (for new Waddler Balance changes) and it worked seamlessly.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

I got 10 people new to festivities so I put in my first donation set.

If anyone else joins in *eyes vikingofrock* I'll do them in batches of 10, or when the run starts.

A couple days later, but I am registered! I'm extremely stoked for this.

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1402815880640315393

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Songbearer posted:

Oh cool Brigador just got a huge update, whoops forgot that the company is ran by a gigantic transphobe and racist never mind (This was a PSA)
what is brigador

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Aerdan posted:

Oh. Well in that case this patch is even cooler! I look forward to surprise Ned and turning on double XP/AP for those grindy comps.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I will definitely run through the game again this year, the fiesta is so much fun. Even better with Cactuar-NED.
And the discord server is friendly and helpful :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Number Go Up
Does this also include not using inns?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
If you can't use inns then your source for Tents in World 1 is Tatou after the graveyard. Or you could steal them from Skull Eaters, but that would depend heavily on which jobs you got and it'd still likely be faster to just fast forward through a bunch of Tatou.

World 2 you want to kill a bunch of Pao right at the start to load up.

World 3 would be Tatou again.

No good source of cottages until the dimensional rift, so save all the ones you find.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

girl dick energy posted:

Does this also include not using inns?

I’ll allow using inns, although you certainly welcome to avoid using them.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Worlds 1 and 3 both have several opportunities for free full heals, and World 2 starts with a free Tent farm. I don't think it's too onerous to make inns verbotten.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ace Transmuter posted:

Worlds 1 and 3 both have several opportunities for free full heals, and World 2 starts with a free Tent farm. I don't think it's too onerous to make inns verbotten.

Four Job Fiesta 2021: There is a Staff free heal in the Wind Shrine

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KataraniSword posted:

Four Job Fiesta 2021: There is a Staff free heal in the Wind Shrine

I swear to god my brain misread this as "free trial" and I was immediately like "WITH THE ACCLAIMED EXPANSION HEAVENSWARD???"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

I swear to god my brain misread this as "free trial" and I was immediately like "WITH THE ACCLAIMED EXPANSION HEAVENSWARD???"

Four Job Fiesta: Free(lancer) Trial in the Wind Shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

oldskool posted:

Four Job Fiesta: Free(lancer) Trial in the Wind Shrine
:five: