Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've got a collector's edition of Devil Summoner 2 with the Raiho plush that I got for like fifty bucks and apparently it's going for a like six hundred dollars (sealed, which mine isn't) so maybe I should sell it and make some space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wish I still had my Raiho plush but I lost it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I have the game cube Fire Emblem and its like $200 on ebay. I'd sell it but it's a good game and I haven't played with emulation since like Sega cd.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Panzer Dragon Saga was one i think used to go for insane prices but its about £50 thesedays

Man i really wanted to play that game!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Man i really wanted to play that game!

Big same.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol no just the manual is up on eBay for £150 and £250 for only one disc out of four.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol no just the manual is up on eBay for £150

Lmao that's brilliant

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

A bunch of older games that I thought wouldn't be that rare seem to be going for good money. Recently found out my NTSC copy of Silent Hill 1 regularly sells for £150 depending on condition

prices for that recently shot up thanks to the rumours lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well at least they were good for something!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My "rare game" is a copy of Kuon. :P I got it back when it was $60 and thought I was paying too much then...boy! I had just started dating my current partner and mentioned "Oh yeah, I have this rare game, ever heard of Kuon?", forgetting he's a big horror game buff.

His eyes almost popped out of his head and he joked that he was ready to propose right then. Some folks get killed for their life insurance; this dude gonna try to push me down the stairs to get my rare PS2 game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

13 Sentinels is on PSN for $30 now, worth for 30-38 hours of gameplay?

Also Valkyria Revolution is $12, worth? looks like 30-45 hours

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

13 Sentinels is amazing if you like crazy stories. Valkyria Revolution is poopy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As a connoisseur of poo poo games Valkyria Revolution is an extra ripe dump

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

As a connoisseur of poo poo games Valkyria Revolution is an extra ripe dump

You have such a way with words

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I can't even count the number of expensive loving games I've given away or sold or had stolen or lost over the years

PS2 rez
PS2 disgaea 1
Suikoden 2, chrono cross, all those ones
Silent Hill 1
so many old gamecube games incl ikaruga, cubivore
ds castlevanias

and on and on and on. it makes me sad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

most gamecube games go for at least their original price, it's pretty nuts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok goons, I own the entire Uncharted series including LL but have never played more than 2 hours of 1. Anyone else own an entire series of games they haven’t played?

The Dark Souls trilogy

(well i did the tutorial bit in DS1)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vikar Jerome posted:

prices for that recently shot up thanks to the rumours lmao

Just someone famous to tweet about beanie babies so that my 25 year old master plan everyone laughed at will finally pay off

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok goons, I own the entire Uncharted series including LL but have never played more than 2 hours of 1. Anyone else own an entire series of games they haven’t played?

Run through 1 on easy, shouldn't take more than a couple of evenings or so. It's not long and feels like a tech demo.

2 is really good. It's Indiana Jones in game form.

I hit a road block on 3 and haven't been enjoying it much.

I generally play most games I buy, currently I have a bunch of the Resident Evil games on my PS4. I've played through 4 a couple times on GameCube and wii, but that's it. I'm going to play through them in the fall, starting with 4.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

VideoGames posted:

MGS :)
And Dark Souls until recently.

What I wouldn't do for a VG MGS marathon

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Are any of the side quests in God of War worth it? They just feel like collectathons that end in a piece of equipment and/or boss fight and as someone who isn't particularly enamored with the combat and just wants Norse mythology nuggets I'd rather not waste more time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

screaden posted:

Are any of the side quests in God of War worth it? They just feel like collectathons that end in a piece of equipment and/or boss fight and as someone who isn't particularly enamored with the combat and just wants Norse mythology nuggets I'd rather not waste more time.

No

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

screaden posted:

You get some good dialogue out of some of them, otherwise not really from what I remember

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

For a game I finished and really liked, I don’t remember a whole lot of GoW. I just remember that I didn’t really like fighting the flying guys.

You can do all the side quests post-game too if you want. you’ll probably get to hear more mythology related dialogue that way.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I absolutely love janky JRPG’s. I will recommend Metal Max Xeno to anyone who will listen and I paid full price and don’t regret it.

Valkyria Revolution at any amount of dollars is the equivalent of you paying someone to drop trou and fire off the nastiest shart in your face. When you ask for an apology you will get none.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

For a game I finished and really liked, I don’t remember a whole lot of GoW. I just remember that I didn’t really like fighting the flying guys.

You can do all the side quests post-game too if you want. you’ll probably get to hear more mythology related dialogue that way.

While I'm mostly liking the story there is an extraordinary amount of busywork involved that happens for spurious reasons. "We have to find another way round".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Black Stones posted:

I absolutely love janky JRPG’s. I will recommend Metal Max Xeno to anyone who will listen and I paid full price and don’t regret it.

I'm listening. I haven't seen anyone else like it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xeno is okay for what it is, a low budget post apoc JRPG where the gimmick is you use tanks to fight.
Trouble is all the previous Metal Max games (few to none of which got a western release) were non-linear, open ended sandbox RPGs where you could just gently caress off and do whatever you like and it has none of that, so from that standpoint it kinda sucks rear end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

most gamecube games go for at least their original price, it's pretty nuts

Holy cow I have Cubivore and I had no idea until now what it was worth.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
huh, turns put xeno reborn is getting localized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19BDLjxBK5o

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rinkles posted:

huh, turns put xeno reborn is getting localized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19BDLjxBK5o

drat, japanojank is so much more entertaining than its european variety :eyepop:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

drat, japanojank is so much more entertaining than its european variety :eyepop:

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy was VERY entertaining.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I guess the PS VRs are understocked too? $100+ over MSRP seems too expensive

Seems like walmart has the move controllers + headset + iron man for $200, which isn't bad, but it's missing the camera....

The camera is going for $200 individually? what the flying gently caress. I'm not paying $200 for a $30 camera

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 10, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What the gently caress do I even upgrade on the Sentinels themselves? I just got to Area 2 a few days ago and it's such an enormous chipsink. Aside from brainpower so Ryoko doesn't overload as often and I can keep using her sentry guns all the time, I can't even begin to think where to go.

Also I'd better start doing math more often on their abilities. I got some of the 4th gen robots up to like +6 on their default attack and that's barely better than the armor piercing laser move they also have access to.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

What the gently caress do I even upgrade on the Sentinels themselves? I just got to Area 2 a few days ago and it's such an enormous chipsink. Aside from brainpower so Ryoko doesn't overload as often and I can keep using her sentry guns all the time, I can't even begin to think where to go.

Also I'd better start doing math more often on their abilities. I got some of the 4th gen robots up to like +6 on their default attack and that's barely better than the armor piercing laser move they also have access to.

Yeah 1 point in neurolink will give them an extra battle before they have to rest. You'd probably want to make sure everyone in the squad gets this at the same time though so they don't desynchronize.

Otherwise I mainly put points in generator off the bat to keep ability regen up. 1Gs got armor and legs, 3Gs got Fire Control

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
also remember that if pilots get tired you can go back to an easier fight without breaking your streak. way more profitable than resting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

also remember that if pilots get tired you can go back to an easier fight without breaking your streak. way more profitable than resting

Yeah, I did that but I don't think it refreshed everyone the last time I tried. Either that or it didn't clear it out 100% for everyone and it was confusing for me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah 1 point in neurolink will give them an extra battle before they have to rest. You'd probably want to make sure everyone in the squad gets this at the same time though so they don't desynchronize.

Otherwise I mainly put points in generator off the bat to keep ability regen up. 1Gs got armor and legs, 3Gs got Fire Control

Goddammit, I'm so bad at posting. I also don't know how many points I get from leveling a stat up either so I'm never sure what to go for. I'd like more energy for my Sentry Gun and Hyper Condenser people so they can go further before having to defend for two turns. So far all I've got is just never refresh or reset or whatever. I can always just drop the difficulty to normal instead of intense for a change.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will say that even on Intense it's never going to be make or break based on those stats, they are there precisely to be a points dump because you rake them in from battles and story chapters.

The big things are gonna be the meta-abilities and unlocking all the abilities, stats are just nice to have

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

All the talk about eurojank but we forget all the ameritrash games out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

we forget all the ameritrash games out there.

For good reasons!