Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol inkscape at least spring for affinity designer if you don't want to creative cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
anyone with an SE2 notice that podcast app now

1. takes forever to load, even downloaded casts
2. heats up and drains battery way more than it should when playing

?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao at this dumbshit

look, tomcollins started the ten year retrospective so blame him

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

i stopped using the podcasts app with 14.5 because when i go to download a given episode of anything it seems to download it and immediately afterwards deletes it, as in the icon that shows it's been downloaded disappears a second after it finishes. it may also have all the other problems people are reporting.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was doing a show once with like 10 displays hooked up to a mac. a potpourri of 4k tvs and lovely 1080 monitors in hosed up directions, vertical, crooked, all kinds of poo poo. also a led wall that was a hosed up "complex" configuration like shaped like a bunch of badly stacked tetris blocks. anyways if the computer had a seizure and forgot the display configuration is was really annoying to fix. you had to hunt down the cursor on the displays and try to navigate it back to the control monitor to set the primary display again. lord help you if the settings window opened on a hosed up sideways panel and you had to drag it back over the whole span.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Anne Frank Funk posted:

i stopped using the podcasts app with 14.5 because when i go to download a given episode of anything it seems to download it and immediately afterwards deletes it, as in the icon that shows it's been downloaded disappears a second after it finishes. it may also have all the other problems people are reporting.

LOL just use Overcast by former SA forums user macro arment

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

lol inkscape at least spring for affinity designer if you don't want to creative cloud

i like inkscape lol. maybe one of these days ill reup my creative clod sub. i was pretty good at it in college (1000 years ago) on the newspaper

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Doc Block posted:

yeah that's what i did

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Doc Block posted:

did this finally stop randomly crashing

i used to use it and paid money for it but the constant crashes just drove me up a wall. podcasts.app sucks but at least it stays open for me

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i used to use it and paid money for it but the constant crashes just drove me up a wall. podcasts.app sucks but at least it stays open for me

it still randomly doesn’t resume when i hit the button on my headphones so i get a random song from my music library

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lucky, I just get silence when that happens

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

inferis posted:

it still randomly doesn’t resume when i hit the button on my headphones so i get a random song from my music library

oh yeah f that not going back to it

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

mediaphage posted:

i use overcast (mostly connected to car bluetooth) and it never crashed for me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Workaday Wizard posted:

ok

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

(y)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

podcasts are bad imo.

which is why i'm interviewing for the podcast app team. to destroy them from the inside.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

podcasts.app crashes for me every other day.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Workaday Wizard posted:

same both for the car and the app

anyway, apparently the ipad pro does atmos too

get in losers we're going to 90's music

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the best thing about atmos in theaters is the subwoofers which are so powerful they can do location effects

thinking you're getting anything out of atmos without a system with at least 9 properly positioned independent speakers and subs is lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

qirex posted:

the best thing about atmos in theaters is the subwoofers which are so powerful they can do location effects

thinking you're getting anything out of atmos without a system with at least 9 properly positioned independent speakers and subs is lol

it'll pair well with my 350 nit "HDR" monitor

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

spotify is the best ios podcast client

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

A new App Store controversy has hit WWDC week

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1402702055748349956

thread
https://twitter.com/jasminericegirl/status/1402691047940100100

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

wow they only keep 10% from creators how benevolent

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

wow they only keep 10% from creators how benevolent

That's the same rate as Patreon

quote:

Up until May 2019, Patreon gave away an astronomical 90% of monthly pledges to creators, taking 5% commission, with the remaining 5% covering transaction fees.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Agile Vector posted:

same both for the car and the app

anyway, apparently the ipad pro does atmos too

get in losers we're going to 90's music

I decided to listen to the Cinderella track in atmos rock and whoever engineered it must have wanted the chorus to sound more like party. it’s so strange how some of these tracks get remixed. like if you are full on reverb vocals and they decide to put them in front more it’s too noticeable. it’s going to sound real strange in instrumentals if the leads have stacked delays or lots of reverb

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

everyone go listen to papa roach’s last resort, the atmos mix is one of the worst things i’ve ever heard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*chuckles in dual 15" 1800w subwoofers*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how many watts / size are those huge ones they got at raves and poo poo? must be crazy lol

quote:

Re: What type of subs do "raves" use?
#13 Post by sine143 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:27 am

stood about 10 feet off the sub stack at excision some months back. 24 PK sound dual 18s (2k watts a piece at 196 pounds). I doubt I heard a note below 40 hz really that night, but the bass was lung busting. rib rattling for sure. These are the same subs used by most big canadian producers (bassnectar, datsik, all of rottun crew), as well as some americans (skrillex, 12th planet etc).

o_O ... and that was eons ago!!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah you know those big ones that hang from the top of the stage and are like a slightly curved line? each segment is a 2000 watt speaker and there's usually 7-9 segments per stack, and 2 or 4 stacks if it's a big rear end venue

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
line arrays

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sniep posted:

line arrays

I knew there had to be a specific term for it but had no idea it was that, thanks!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and of course audiophile gang is building line arrays to listen to their crackly old 78s

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i'm just starting to get into speaker building. laser cutter makes the enclosures really easy to make, my so has been getting into designing his own amps and stuff with custom boards, it seems like something we should be able to accomplish

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my homepods mini are balls array

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the most hifi way to listen to music is to learn to play an instrument, jfyi

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

and of course audiophile gang is building line arrays to listen to their crackly old 78s

jesus

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol at that boot licker commuting 3 hours a day for 10 years because contract or whatever

guess what, Im an adult, if i work somewhere they shouldn’t care how or where I do the work as long as it is done to the standard required

You obviously could do the work remotely cos you did for a year. So why the gently caress does your boss treat you like an imbecile child who must be on site -

actually hang on a sec

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Podcasts.app since 14.5 has been randomly jumping forward instead of backward when I hit the back button while a podcast is playing. I usually hit it to go back 15 seconds if I missed something, but maybe 10% of the time it jumps forward 15 seconds instead and I get really confused. How do you gently caress something this simple up?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it is astounding how bad podcasts.app is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Stringent posted:

apple's podcast app is an amazing achievement if only because they managed to find enough programmers that don't listen to podcasts to build the drat thing