Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

anime was right posted:

formulate your victory plan
row 2
pivot!
[round ends]
xmatch

Surprised to see this isn't getting empty-quoted or lol'd. It's funny y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why is the sol color that makes him look like ky still have blue fire if ky has yellow lightning now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

We should be so lucky

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1402807734014144515

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ok, I'll play your new videogame, SNK. You got me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm under the assumption that everyone from 14 is gonna be playable.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Will KOF have rollback? And what do Luong's feet smell like?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

porfiria posted:

I wouldn’t hold my breath for either of those.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tae posted:

I'm under the assumption that everyone from 14 is gonna be playable.

I am really, totally ok with Gang-il and Alice not returning.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Where is Sylvie

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Where is Sylvie

Hopefully far, far away from 15

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

porfiria posted:

They announced it's gonna have rollback

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

kirbysuperstar posted:

Where is Sylvie

Missing because SNK decided not to press their luck against getting sued by Nippon Columbia.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Nah Sylvie's the only 14 character in the KOF All Star mobile game and was in Heroines as well. They're already terrified of getting sued over the K9999 thing, I imagine they took care not to infringe this time around

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Put Ash in the game you cowards.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Evil Canadian posted:

I am really, totally ok with Gang-il and Alice not returning.

What's wrong with Alice

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So we've got Mai, Yuri, Mary, and Luong, and no definitive confirmation of the Women's Team yet. Is Luong on Mary's team? If so, why? If one of those two is on the Women's Team, where would Mai or Yuri fit?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

night slime posted:

Nah Sylvie's the only 14 character in the KOF All Star mobile game and was in Heroines as well. They're already terrified of getting sued over the K9999 thing, I imagine they took care not to infringe this time around

Alice was in KoFAS, unless you meant 14 original, in which case my b

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Sesq posted:

So we've got Mai, Yuri, Mary, and Luong, and no definitive confirmation of the Women's Team yet. Is Luong on Mary's team? If so, why? If one of those two is on the Women's Team, where would Mai or Yuri fit?

Luong is almost certainly on a team with Kim and Gang-il still, considering so far she's basically just been a satellite character to Gang-il who himself is a satellite character to Kim. Mai and Yuri are probably together with an unknown 3rd (probably Alice) and Mary's probably with Oswald and a 3rd (Najd maybe? If they split up the invitation team I could see Mian going here for Team Mercenary.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gang-il was not popular and I don't think he'll be back.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
We’re never gonna see Duck King again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Overbite posted:

I know it's true but don't say it. :smith:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Luong looks cool as heck, I love kicky type characters

Honestly I'm pretty on board with buying the game now, but I gotta tamp down the excitement until rollback is confirmed at least.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So far I’ve been most excited to play Shermie and Loung as my first two mains lol Am I insane?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Where's Maxima?!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Luong seems like an interesting take on a cheesecake character and I really like her outfit, but her fighting style is so boring. I wish she had more Duo Lon style weirdness about her.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Smoking Crow posted:

They announced it's gonna have rollback
They made a wishy-washy statement after getting hounded about it for months. Until it's out and confirmed working, stay skeptical.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Overbite posted:

Commissar Ken posted:

I know it's true but don't say it. :smith:

I still believe! DUCK KING

That year where they kicked Andy out for Duck King was great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Duck King seems popular enough to bring back as DLC, but not popular enough to give a main slot over a lot of other characters.

I still wonder how many brand-new characters they plan to add - presuming they match the last game and launch with 48 characters+sub-boss+boss, there are still plenty they could swap out, but it's hard to guess who they'd cut aside from the pachinko characters, particularly when it comes to the legacy characters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Virtua Fighter got an update, you can search for rooms now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tae posted:

What's wrong with Alice

she's a pachislot mascot dressed in Terry Bogard memorabilia, I hated the pachislot team.

Count me in as someone who doesnt want the majority of the new KOF14 characters back; Luong was one of the only ones I wanted back and I'm sure others felt the same. Team Brazil had some fun ideas but they weren't that great to play and Gang-il doesn't have a very interesting design or moveset.

Overbite posted:

actually this game is probably the best chance we'll get to see him in a long while since they're going with older game/Fatal Fury stuff to the point of using a lot of Fatal Fury music for themes. I STILL BELIEVE.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Duck King seems popular enough to bring back as DLC, but not popular enough to give a main slot over a lot of other characters.

I still wonder how many brand-new characters they plan to add - presuming they match the last game and launch with 48 characters+sub-boss+boss, there are still plenty they could swap out, but it's hard to guess who they'd cut aside from the pachinko characters, particularly when it comes to the legacy characters.

I don't care about the other two pachinko characters but Mui Mui owns and they should put her in XV :colbert:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mango sentinel posted:

Luong seems like an interesting take on a cheesecake character and I really like her outfit, but her fighting style is so boring. I wish she had more Duo Lon style weirdness about her.

Why do you hate Juri's adorable, less homicidal sister?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
alice rules

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
We need a team of Alice, Shingo, and I can’t think of some other superfan character but I’m sure there’s another one in there.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gutcruncher posted:

We need a team of Alice, Shingo, and I can’t think of some other superfan character but I’m sure there’s another one in there.

There was a theory posted somewhere that Shingo has been the big bad all along and will reveal himself as the true host of Orochi in XV, which would honestly kinda own

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Everyone I've seen has been super pissed about the PS4 decision, understandably so

I somehow completely missed the PS4 exclusive line and that makes sense but nobody really plays on PS4 at all.
https://twitter.com/SkullgirlsEU/status/1402674555261440007
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls_RU/status/1402775535831425024
They really should reconsider the choice in platform.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gutcruncher posted:

Bandeiras, the platonic Mai fanboy

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Is Alice the one that had all the eyes? She seemed cool, I'd give her a try

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is Alice the one that had all the eyes? She seemed cool, I'd give her a try

Alice was the proto-Fatal Cutie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Reiley posted:

Alice was the proto-Fatal Cutie.

Dang looking her up she has kinda a great outfit in her concept art. She seems pretty awesome