Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Remake ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Elentor posted:

I'm happy for you and all but to me two screens is exactly how long I want to stay in a sewer level.

This is the sort of thing that should be caught by internal testers.

Actual Result: There's a sewer level
Expected Result: No sewer level

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i liked the metal door better, gave the slums more of that feel

Was it metal though? Or was the smear of an unloaded texture reminiscent of metal? :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ZeeBoi posted:

Was it metal though? Or was the smear of an unloaded texture reminiscent of metal? :v:

the latter, but still!

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Am I the only one who didn't notice the door's texture (or lack thereof) as looking in any way out of place with the surrounding environment?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ace Transmuter posted:

Am I the only one who didn't notice the door's texture (or lack thereof) as looking in any way out of place with the surrounding environment?

I didn't until someone pointed it out to me, no.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I never knew their was anything out of place about that door until just now.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It looked like the kind of lovely door you might find on a house in the slums to me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The door was never as distracting to me as some of the background textures when you were climbing to the plate

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ace Transmuter posted:

I noticed but I really didn't care. I might have thought "Oh a texture streaming bottleneck" and carried on.

I had a friend going on how it ruined his immersion and all I can think is dude it's a door texture

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The door was never as distracting to me as some of the background textures when you were climbing to the plate

That was a bit jarring yeah. I think what got to me were the highways in the background texture of the shinra HQ, they looked like perlin noise and I kept thinking if that was really how they generated those or not.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I noticed the door texture but didn't really care. It sort of fit, feeling like it had a thick layer of muddy dust from being in a dirty slum. The background textures when climbing to the upper plate really never bothered me, even after people pointed them out- they looked relatively fine?

The ground "skybox" when making your way to the second reactor, though? That poo poo looked awful.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah I didn't think anything of it. I figure it's one of those things where some people are cursed with some sort of hypersight and will be posting in 2030 how the FF17 running at only 250 fps makes it unplayable and it looks like a PS1 game.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Doors are very important, to some people.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ya the door was the obvious ones but there was a lot of areas where a random texture in the back looked like a ps2 era texture.

Can't wait to try this again in 60fps.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

So maybe I've lost my mind and am just not seeing it but is there a way to preload the PS5 version if you already own the PS4 version? The store page for Intergrade tells me it's not available and won't let me download it from that, and I can't select the PS5 version when looking at the game in my library. I assume I just can't and will have to wait until tomorrow but I'm asking just in case I'm missing something here.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Srice posted:

So maybe I've lost my mind and am just not seeing it but is there a way to preload the PS5 version if you already own the PS4 version? The store page for Intergrade tells me it's not available and won't let me download it from that, and I can't select the PS5 version when looking at the game in my library. I assume I just can't and will have to wait until tomorrow but I'm asking just in case I'm missing something here.

No. You can install the PS4 version and upload your save from the main menu so it’s ready to transfer though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

No. You can install the PS4 version and upload your save from the main menu so it’s ready to transfer though.

Figured as much. Thankfully I already did that on my old PS4 so I'll be ready (after downloading that big game).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i need to master all the spell materias and get all the weaponskills to clear all the intel missions... is there an easy place to grind those? wouldnt hurt to refresh myself on the battle system before jumping into yuffie gameplay too

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The Shinra HQ basement, thats what I used

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a lot of trophies and side content I never did, so I'm down to replay the game, after the Yuffie DLC of course. Ratchet and Clank is out the day after too, so not a bad weekend lined up.

Where are we talking about the DLC, spoiler tags here or is it time to resurrect the spoiler thread?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Did they fix the door

I'm not reading 300+ pages of this thread

edit: they did lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat we sure are going stir crazy waiting for tomorrow

all this chat on the drat door

look. it's a nice door, maybe not the nicest.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Gonna mod the old door back in when the PC release happens.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

drat we sure are going stir crazy waiting for tomorrow

all this chat on the drat door

that door is like family to me

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

OhFunny posted:

FFVII Remake: Intergrade [ORIGINAL DOOR RESTORATION MOD]

86.3 GB

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Door restoration mod works by deliberately overloading your graphics card's VRAM buffer so it can't load the texture.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

OhFunny posted:

lol'd

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Read this in Trump's voice and now I kind of miss when my daily installations of disappointment came in his unhinged 80s New York real estate cokehead gibberish instead of the bloodless press releases we now get from Dem functionaries with the personality of a saltine because Biden's too old and demented to allow on camera more than once every two weeks

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have a physical copy of Remake. I put that bad boy in my PS5, fired up my save, and played some last week.

So far as I can tell, I'm ready to hit go on Integrade on the 10th? When might that be? Midnight tonight? Sometime tomorrow? What exactly do I do, just hit update on the main menu?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah do we have a time when it goes live?

Could I expect to play it tonight...

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

one of the replies in it

https://twitter.com/mennimetz/status/1402591702595084294?s=21

lol just lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah do we have a time when it goes live?

Could I expect to play it tonight...

At 12 am ET I believe

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
It's live now in Australia, I just added the upgrade from the PS store and purchased the DLC, then it all downloaded successfully. Haven't had a change to actually play it yet, but it's sitting there on my PS5, taunting me.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s out in America, downloading now from psn tab all the way on the left ps5 menu

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The download is live and so is the Yuffie DLC. The only reason I haven't clicked the DLC yet is because the only available version says (Chinese / Korean version) at the end and I'm not sure if that means there's a separate English version that just hasn't gone live yet or what. :v:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i noticed that about 3 seconds after hitting purchase oops

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think it’s probably just mislabeled because it’s the only version linked to the main game on the store. but no way to know for sure since the main game is 80gb and i cant stay up that late lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is that cacstar price right?? is that because its part of a physical collectors edition or something

edit: it was for preorders, was preordering the dlc even an option for the upgrade edition? annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

And there goes all my trophy notifications. Easy peasy!