Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thundarr posted:

The download is live and so is the Yuffie DLC. The only reason I haven't clicked the DLC yet is because the only available version says (Chinese / Korean version) at the end and I'm not sure if that means there's a separate English version that just hasn't gone live yet or what. :v:

oh crap I impulse bought it and just saw this... I mean, if there are issues I guess i can always refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man it looks so nice in 60 fps

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1402845290994929664?s=21

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Did they ever explain what was up with that door? Could it have been a texture streaming bug? Because Unreal Engine is notorious for such issues.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Yeah, there are a lot of texture streaming issues in the game, the door is just the first/most noteworthy one.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Looks like the PS4 upgrade isn't available yet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

Looks like the PS4 upgrade isn't available yet.

It is, I already downloaded and installed it. Took me a sec though since there's a bunch of options listed on the ... button for FF7R on the game page and you only get the download button if you click the right one.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Thundarr posted:

It is, I already downloaded and installed it. Took me a sec though since there's a bunch of options listed on the ... button for FF7R on the game page and you only get the download button if you click the right one.

I've looked through this pretty carefully but I still don't see it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its like the first big button in the store tab and then there are like four buying options.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The ... button on the app will have a "view product" option, select that to go to the store page, on which there's another ... button that will open a dropdown with different versions of the game to purchase; PS4, Intergrade, Intergrade digital deluxe, and Free Upgrade for PS4 Owners.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rand Brittain posted:

I've looked through this pretty carefully but I still don't see it.

Go to the Integrade product page and then to the three dot button. The option to select the upgrade for PS4 version owners should be there.

Only works if you purchased the digital version. I don’t know what the process for disc owners is.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I was able to add the "Free Upgrade for PS4 Owners" and purchase it through the web store, but it's not giving me an update to download.

Just to be sure I'm getting this right, there's supposed to be upgrades available for the PS4 version, right, even though we don't get the Yuffie episode?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its not an update its a whole new 80gb game to dl, which you can now queue because you ‘bought’ it on the webstore

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

foreseeing your next issue, before you download the ps5 version you need to run the ps4 version and upload your save from within the game

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I was able to add the "Free Upgrade for PS4 Owners" and purchase it through the web store, but it's not giving me an update to download.

Just to be sure I'm getting this right, there's supposed to be upgrades available for the PS4 version, right, even though we don't get the Yuffie episode?

The "PS4 upgrade" is that you get free other copy of the game for playing on PS5.
There is no update for the version of the game that runs on PS4.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait no youre talking about a new ps4 version? that is not a thing

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

foreseeing your next issue, before you download the ps5 version you need to run the ps4 version and upload your save from within the game

As I mentioned, thankfully only until the “ready to play” stage of the download (~11 GB).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
When you have the ps4 play disc you can get the ff7 remake ps5 upgrade for free. You’re downloading the whole new ps5 version of the game, not a patch.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Oh, the articles on the subject seemed to be indicating that some of the graphical fixes would be coming to the PS4 even if the new DLC wasn't.

Frankly even the many articles that are supposed to explain this very simply, don't.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh, the articles on the subject seemed to be indicating that some of the graphical fixes would be coming to the PS4 even if the new DLC wasn't.

Frankly even the many articles that are supposed to explain this very simply, don't.

If that's true, it'd be via a patch, not something you have to manually seek out

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

Sure they do, there’s never ever been any indication that the PS4 version was getting updated at all.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

For those without PS5s, Maximilian Dood is playing through Intergrade right now.

Current timeline is right after Cloud/Tifa/Barret leave for Sector 5. Yuffie gets to interact with Jessie after her injury and challenge Johnny to the Fort Condor game.

E: TURTLE PARADISE FLYERS

E2: YOU GET TO CHALLENGE ROCHE IN FORT CONDOR :psyboom:

anakha fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 10, 2021

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

anakha posted:

For those without PS5s, Maximilian Dood is playing through Intergrade right now.

Current timeline is right after Cloud/Tifa/Barret leave for Sector 5. Yuffie gets to interact with Jessie after her injury and challenge Johnny to the Fort Condor game.

E: TURTLE PARADISE FLYERS

E2: YOU GET TO CHALLENGE ROCHE IN FORT CONDOR :psyboom:

Holy poo poo I should stop reading spoilers

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Sephiroth installed the bad door during the base game to troll Cloud. The ghosts or whatever fixed it in post.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So just so I'm clear on this: I can upgrade my PS4 install to PS5 but the Yuffie stuff is still 20 dollar DLC, correct?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Levantine posted:

So just so I'm clear on this: I can upgrade my PS4 install to PS5 but the Yuffie stuff is still 20 dollar DLC, correct?

Correct.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Ethiser posted:

Correct.

Cool, thank you! I guess it's time to pull the trigger and finish my ME3 playthrough then I can get on replaying this!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

Sephiroth installed the bad door during the base game to troll Cloud. The ghosts or whatever fixed it in post.

Now I want a Sephiroth version of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5fuDpQkVU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1402939936362352645

Next-gen is good. Goodbye load times, you won't be missed.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
All my precious loading screen tips and lore tidbits thou...

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

All the lore tidbits should be Stamp related

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Well, I had dropped off at Peeress of Pullups last time. Got my save on PS5, turned off the music/voice, and with 60fps did it on the third try :).

Now onto my favorite chapter, 15! Should be a treat.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I was just coming to gush about the loading times. I've never done a spit take over a game's loading times before, but for the level of detail on offer it is absolutely mindboggling. I was just going to finish hard mode from where I left off, but I think a full playthrough is in order.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is the Cacstar a whole a unique weapon with its own skills or is it basically just a skin?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are the sections that masked loading by having you slowly squeeze through a crevice still in?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are the sections that masked loading by having you slowly squeeze through a crevice still in?

God I hope they took those out, or at least changed the animations so you scoot through them as quickly as possible.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God I hope they took those out, or at least changed the animations so you scoot through them as quickly as possible.

Played about 2 hours of Intermission and yeah, crevices are still there. There hasnt been any crevice that doesnt take over 1-2 sec to get through though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yuffie is a lot of fun.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

It's ok to buy Yuffie DLC, right? Mine still says Chinese/Korean version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I apparently beat Fort Condor's entire thing when it unlocked (judging by defeating the grandmaster and getting a trophy) so now that I'm actually playing the story and finding units and pieces it feels kinda useless :v:

I will say as much fun as I'm having the two things that kinda feel weird to me is that 1: You don't play as Sodon or whatever his name is, he's a AI that you can link up to for synergy attacks. I was in the dark for the run up so I didn't know that and it caught me off guard. 2: The music is kind of mixed. I'm doing what I assume is the first 'dungeon' and it has this insanely short repetitive loop that isn't really all that good. Most in game music these days I turn down after hearing it unless I REALLY like it, but the main game I had no chance to as I loved the OST so much. Here I'm already listening to a podcast because it's droning.

I have no idea how long the Yuffie run is but so far it feels like easily skipped filler content for those really beaten up about it. It's *fun* but it doesn't really have a hook or anything going on. Yet.

Favorite thing so far (early miniboss spoilers) fighting the monster hunter chicken in the dump got a laugh out of me. I guess they're paying that crossover back. Watching it dig up a rock and beat my partner over the head with it is silly.