Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ratjaculation posted:

You needed to go one Brian further alphabetically

i used to pass a shop in edinburgh on my way home from work that sold all diana stuff and every day in life when i looked at all the diana stuff in the window of the diana shop i would think of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
dear uk goons,

im reading the mystery novel Richard Osman wrote and there's this bit

quote:

Ibrahim introduced himself, shook my hand, and told me there were biscuits. He explained that there were two layers, but they tried to finish the top layer before they started the bottom layer.

Why would this matter?? are they sold like chocolates are here where there's a variety on each layer ??

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

It's normally a variety pack but both layers will be the same.
Starting the bottom layer before finishing the top seems pretty redundant

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You do get degenerates who try to sneak out the chocolate digestives from the bottom layer while the top layer still has hob nobs left.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aardvark! posted:

dear uk goons,

im reading the mystery novel Richard Osman wrote and there's this bit

Why would this matter?? are they sold like chocolates are here where there's a variety on each layer ??

Yeah, you can get a variety pack with two layers like this (they’ll be identical):

The idea is he wants people to finish the top layer (which may only have less desirable biscuits remaining) before they go fishing underneath for the ones they actually like.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
The most disrespectful thing is when you deliberately eat a suboptimal biscuit in order to finish the top layer in anticipation of some of the delicious prime biscuits residing in the second layer, only to find some total cad has layer skipped and has already looted the finest biscuits from the lower tier.

Makes me quite irate.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
They should put the two layers in facing in opposite directions so you have to turn the whole box upsidedown and start afresh to get to the second layer. More of a mental hurdle than just sneaking underneath before the top layer is empty.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

This all assumes you are sharing your biscuits

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Good morning Brits, I'm drunk right now and I expect you to be drunk in a few hours time where possible.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s not drinking weather today :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

learnincurve posted:

It’s not drinking weather today :(

I lived almost a decade in Manchester, what the gently caress is "not drinking weather"?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Had a Leffe yesterday. First time I ever had a Leffe was before I really liked beer that much so thought I'd try again, see if I appreciate it now my taste buds have matured

I still don't like Leffe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sudden Javelin posted:

Had a Leffe yesterday. First time I ever had a Leffe was before I really liked beer that much so thought I'd try again, see if I appreciate it now my taste buds have matured

I still don't like Leffe

There's far, far better Belgian ales in the world.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

freelop posted:

This all assumes you are sharing your biscuits

Surely a variety pack suggests sharing? Otherwise you'd just have bought whatever kind of biscuit you personally favour in bulk.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's far, far better Belgian ales in the world.

Ah beer snobbery. I drink Carling mainly.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the best beer is whatever is immediately available to you. someone hands you a weird glass of trappist nonsense or even fosters, hell yeah I'm drinking it thanks for the beer

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I'm off the booze for 6 weeks as I desperately need to lose this lockdown weight and I know from experience that taking a break from the drink is the easiest way to do it.

Plus my work situation is up in the air at the moment so the money savings will help too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just sent a snotty email to a company complaining but, having now had a conversation with someone else think that probably I'm totally wrong. Loloops.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's ok, and indeed, it's good, to have preferences about things

leffe is crazy sweet imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Ah beer snobbery. I drink Carling mainly.

It's not snobbery to say some beers are better than others. I drink Budweiser but I don't pretend it's any drat good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
As someone who likes dark beers, virtually every craft beer ever being an IPA annoys me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Leffe brown ale is miles better than the blonde imo. Only ever found it on tap once in a tiny pub in York

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

crispix posted:

i did a sort of irate brian blessed character and it was just too much apparently

Climbing up somewhere high and making GBS threads yourself while playing shop would scare anyone I think

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm a huge beer snob but I dont mind drinking a san miguel or whatever

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

If its wet, I'll probably drink it

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

its cool and good to have preferences if you aren't a oval office about it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I have far, far better preferences than you.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

:ohdear:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

why is the weather suddenly on my startbar thingy?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Party Boat posted:

The Leffe brown ale is miles better than the blonde imo. Only ever found it on tap once in a tiny pub in York

Agreed, but I don't think I have ever found it on tap.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
in a pinch I'll drink anything but as far as the stuff that is usually on tap I bloody love a Birra Moretti. Otherwise I guess I usually go San Miguel or Kronenbourg

Outside of lager I tend to go for the extremes, heavy stouts or v light wheat beers/hefeweizens. IPAs are fine but agreed that it's annoying how ubiquitous they are

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wheat beers are The Devil imo

i had a sierra nevada kolsch on draft once, which was great

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

My mums dog is so sad. When she's out it just sits at the backdoor waiting for her to come back :(

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Salisbury Snape posted:

If its wet, I'll probably drink it

egg drinker spotted

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gasmask posted:

egg drinker spotted

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Is he still leader after the local results? The party is so irrelevant I don't even know anymore

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Ale for the colder months, cider for summer.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hemale in pain posted:

My mums dog is so sad. When she's out it just sits at the backdoor waiting for her to come back :(

Sounds like she needs mental stimulation, get a kong or a treat puzzle toy for her

Maybe get some for the dog too.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Gasmask posted:

egg drinker spotted

My chickens are laying uncontrollably. I might have to start drinking eggs just to use them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

why is the weather suddenly on my startbar thingy?

You can turn it off by right clicking and looking under News and Interests.

It's an okay feature I guess, I have no idea why it's so low-res.