Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I need to watch the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A little thing I really love with Super Cub is whenever they're working on their bikes together they'll check eachother's work after they're done :allears:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

It's definitely worth mentioning. Vivy isn't exactly an action show, but when the action kicks off it's amazing. Every hit has real weight and impact. The fight choreography is great. It does the cool thing where the action syncs up with the soundtrack.

Vivy is closer to what if Hari Seldon teamed up with Hatsune Miku.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

what season of madoka is this now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru posted:

Second season of Magia Record

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

weird, that's a late announcement for a summer show, especially without a date

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

well, its still season 1 of madoka because this isnt madoka. its a spinoff with its own story that mostly focuses on a new cast.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hunt11 posted:

I thought the issue with Usagi Drop only show up in the back half of the manga.

This is true; the anime adaption doesn't touch the manga's post-timeskip swerve. You can safely watch the anime and even read the manga without ever getting into the other stuff as long as you stop before the time skip.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

well, its still season 1 of madoka because this isnt madoka. its a spinoff with its own story that mostly focuses on a new cast.

wait it's actually related to madoka? lol i just thought that that art looked really similar

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dude...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

marumaru posted:

wait it's actually related to madoka? lol i just thought that that art looked really similar

the name of the anime might be a hint: Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story :)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Davincie posted:

the name of the anime might be a hint: Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story :)

oh.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

hell yes!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its also the same artist/character designer as madoka yea

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wanna see what Ume-sensei's avatar would be as a magical "girl"

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I don't know where the right place to put this is so I'm putting it here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There are 5 lights, paisen

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Prurient Squid posted:

I don't know where the right place to put this is so I'm putting it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmvMfhHyBRI

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

The United States posted:

What animes are like From Dusk Til Dawn levels of deceptive where they are completely one thing for half/a good chunk and then turn into something else entirely?

Maybe check out Otogizoushi? Halfway through it there is a complete cast and setting change, even though it does continue the story.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Theatres finally opened up in my province so I went and saw the Demon Slayer movie. It was really good. If you liked Demon Slayer it’s pretty much more of the same but in movie format. It’s also better than most Shonen Jump movies because the story actually matters since they’re adapting manga stuff and it’s not like the My Hero Academia (or insert any other big SJ) movies where it’s “we did this and will never ever reference these events again in the anime”

If you go in expecting the best anime movie of all time based off the box office hype you’ll definitely be let down. If you’re just looking for a great animated action movie it’s a good time.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I remember Ga-Rei Zero introduced it's cast of characters, showed off their unique powers and gimmicks and explained the main character's tragic past/revenge story and then brutally killed them all at the end of the first episode to set up the villain the actual main characters introduced in the second episode.
On a similar note the second Boogiepop series wasn't quite like that, but it used a weird a-chronological narrative so the first episode is basically about someone hearing that exciting stuff is about to happen, and then at the end of the episode learning all the exciting stuff wrapped up before he got there. Though the shows whole conceit is we do eventually get to see the exciting stuff, the episodes are just based on viewpoints rather than strict chronology.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Next Friday is gonna be pretty stacked for me. Dynazenon finale and Back Arrow finale. Should be fun.

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams
So I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level quietly had its best episode of the season to date.

Sadly, pretty much everyone dropped it about 6 episodes ago, but it gets a nice "you tried" sticker for its efforts. If you're going to go big, trying to do a "Live Alive" episode is a good way to do it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The United States posted:

What animes are like From Dusk Til Dawn levels of deceptive where they are completely one thing for half/a good chunk and then turn into something else entirely?

The Flying Phantom Ship

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SeanGaffney posted:

So I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level quietly had its best episode of the season to date.

Sadly, pretty much everyone dropped it about 6 episodes ago, but it gets a nice "you tried" sticker for its efforts. If you're going to go big, trying to do a "Live Alive" episode is a good way to do it.

I've been keeping up with it but haven't watched the newest episode yet. There's just not really much to say about it. It took a bit of time to find its legs since the start is slow, but it's been consistently good. It's got more than enough for multiple seasons, but that's ultimately down to how well it did and how many more books and manga they want to sell.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The latest episode was a treat, I was waiting for the bunnygirl from the OP to appear but having her be a death metal artist was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to the last couple of episodes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I've been watching Slime but it's a hard show to talk about it as it's adapting it's source okay but not doing much beyond that so it's gonna get lost as a show.

But after Abilities Average anime was such a disaster of an adaptation it's just nice to have a series I read get even an okay show is enough

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Was this episode of slime anime origional? I can't imagine that it would have worked all that well as a manga chapter.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I've been watching Slime but it's a hard show to talk about it as it's adapting it's source okay but not doing much beyond that so it's gonna get lost as a show.

But after Abilities Average anime was such a disaster of an adaptation it's just nice to have a series I read get even an okay show is enough

It’s been a pretty good adaption IMO because it’s hitting the high points of the manga without succumbing to the source’s slow pace.

Unfortunately it doesn’t really leave much to talk about, since it doesn’t really do much new.

Iruma-kun is in the same boat, though it’s taken a few more liberties with fleshing stuff out and tweaking stuff to work better as animation.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Was this episode of slime anime origional? I can't imagine that it would have worked all that well as a manga chapter.

It is not anime original.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It is not anime original.

Ok, I have to admit, the shopkeeper's reason for wanting someone to beat Full Dive is every bit as amazingpetty as I had hoped it would be.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Doesn't Japan have some very stringent regulations regarding strobing effects in anime after the Porygon debacle? I swear some of the effects from the latest Back Arrow had to be well over the line for that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did the screen get dimmer?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Did the screen get dimmer?

Noooo.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't believe there are any actual laws against it, just that broadcasters can be found liable if a lawsuit is brought up. So they don't broadcast that stuff normally.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Doesn't Japan have some very stringent regulations regarding strobing effects in anime after the Porygon debacle? I swear some of the effects from the latest Back Arrow had to be well over the line for that.

Do they even still have those warnings not to sit too close to the TV in a dark area anymore?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, Toonami gets around it by airing a disclaimer so maybe they did that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my understanding was it's mostly for things kids would actually see, so it'd be based on timeslots more than anything

i'm fairly sure back arrow is a late night show?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my understanding was it's mostly for things kids would actually see, so it'd be based on timeslots more than anything

i'm fairly sure back arrow is a late night show?

So was the Mahoujin Guruguru remake

(source)
and the dimming of all flashing effects was extremely noticeable there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the sentouin OP has a dimmed cut and that's definitely a late night show. i don't think there's any rules to it, it's just up to the tv stations.