Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
You’re telling me that this is dangerous? :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zPmNwP8SQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/pIlGToe.gifv

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pro-tier couchfuckling.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Anything will work once. (I celebrated too!)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Necrosaro posted:

Photonicinduction is back to doing what he does best. Using scary amounts of electricity to destroy things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mGhhdPgXG8

I am shocked some government agency hasn't shut this guy's apartment projects down.

this is all on a thick rug, on carpet.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 10, 2021

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qu8olvZEbi1w5pr9j.mp4

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Invalid Validation posted:

I’ve used a lot of grinders like that and nope. Just put on safety goggles and hold it out from your body. Most of the handheld ones aren’t spinning hard enough to do major shrapnel damage.

Yeah, also staying out of line with the plane of rotation is your best protection.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

That video is desperately in need of a slide whistle

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dirk the Average posted:

I have family that worked on some famous military copters and they basically describe helicopters as machines that are designed to shake themselves apart. You start out with the rotor, and then you have to add another rotor to counter the rotation, and then now you have torques to deal with, so you reinforce that area, which then means you need more lift, which then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RihcJR0zvfM

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if the copter's rockin, very much do not come knockin'

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I hope that part behind the building that isn't captured by a camera isn't her sliding down a flight of stairs, but I don't see how you would be able to build up enough momentum without them.

schmug
May 20, 2007

So my work bought a little machine. It's been a long time coming...

That is one of six crates that have been on their way from Italy for about 2-1/2 years now.

Well it now looks like this in our side lot.

According to the driver that one alone weighs 76,000(+).

Purdy Tractor

There are like 5 more like it, although slightly smaller.

Here is where you locate 16 tow motors to lift it off of the bed

So I somehow got talked into working for a bit and missed them moving the largest crate... so so sorry. Rest assured I will not be doing anything except poo poo posting the rest of the day. Please forgive me.
But I did manage to get them squeezing it in the back overhead. Soooo close to not making it.

fwiw, there is a tow motor of equal size on the other side of the crate moving in reverse.

Here is the main machining unit laid out on a nice shiny piece of floor.

10' ladder for reference...It supposedly weighed 76,000 in the crate
Another view

wait, something doesn't look quite right....

OOPS

I'm sure that will buff right out...

And for reference this is what it does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjL9ToCpMko
Ours is much larger/newer model(G397 whatever the gently caress that means) of that same machine. It was custom built and took over two years from purchase to delivery to get. Covid may have slowed that down a bit.

Long story short it's a 5-axis rotary transfer machine that will load, fully machine, deburr, wash, unload, and pack Brass CGA valves in ~ 6 seconds. All of that for the low low starting cost of 3.5million dollars.

Since this turned into such a long post I will stop here with it. I can post more once it's fully assembled and/or put it all in thread of it's own if anyone is interested.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

schmug posted:

So my work bought a little machine. It's been a long time coming...

That is one of six crates that have been on their way from Italy for about 2-1/2 years now.

Well it now looks like this in our side lot.

According to the driver that one alone weighs 76,000(+).

Purdy Tractor

There are like 5 more like it, although slightly smaller.

Here is where you locate 16 tow motors to lift it off of the bed

So I somehow got talked into working for a bit and missed them moving the largest crate... so so sorry. Rest assured I will not be doing anything except poo poo posting the rest of the day. Please forgive me.
But I did manage to get them squeezing it in the back overhead. Soooo close to not making it.

fwiw, there is a tow motor of equal size on the other side of the crate moving in reverse.

Here is the main machining unit laid out on a nice shiny piece of floor.

10' ladder for reference...It supposedly weighed 76,000 in the crate
Another view

wait, something doesn't look quite right....

OOPS

I'm sure that will buff right out...

Ours is much larger/newer model(G397 whatever the gently caress that means) of that same machine. It was custom built and took over two years from purchase to delivery to get. Covid may have slowed that down a bit.

Long story short it's a 5-axis rotary transfer machine that will load, fully machine, deburr, wash, unload, and pack Brass CGA valves in ~ 6 seconds. All of that for the low low starting cost of 3.5million dollars.

Since this turned into such a long post I will stop here with it. I can post more once it's fully assembled and/or put it all in thread of it's own if anyone is interested.

Yes
More
Please

Also, why you guys need all these valves?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

drat schmug that's a nice dock setup you got there we have to hire a crane every time we untrailer something that big

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

All this to make sex toys?

schmug
May 20, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes
More
Please

Also, why you guys need all these valves?

will do. Any preferences on a thread, or just keep it in here?

shame on an IGA posted:

drat schmug that's a nice dock setup you got there we have to hire a crane every time we untrailer something that big
It comes in handy for sure. Our main ship/receive docks are the other side of the build and are fully covered pull in style. But just past that ramp you mentioned are a set of tracks that go onto that bay. Not ours, but just to give a scale to the size of bldg we're in.

schmug
May 20, 2007

h3r0n posted:

All this to make sex toys?

5G buttplugs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

schmug posted:

tow motors

So where do you live so I can update the map

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

My dad used to build machines like that. There'd be carpenters coming in and building a crate around them like you'd build a house. One time one fell off the ship and sank to the bottom of the Mediterranean.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

aphid_licker posted:

My dad used to build machines like that. There'd be carpenters coming in and building a crate around them like you'd build a house. One time one fell off the ship and sank to the bottom of the Mediterranean.

Why were they building the crate on the boat and why weren't they wearing a life preserver?

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
The good news is that you can sell the lumber from those crates and break even

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Pretty soon we can build houses out of graphics cards and it'll be cheaper than wood.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Building my house blockchain by blockchain

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

schmug posted:

Holy poo poo! Never seen a rotary transfer that complex! That makes the Wirth Gruffat pneumatic controlled machine I was responsible for look like a children's toys.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I won't be satisfied until there's a 69-axis machine.

schmug
May 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

So where do you live so I can update the map
lol not to doxx myself too hard, but the Cleveland area, why?

Big Dick Cheney posted:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pretty soon we can build houses out of graphics cards and it'll be cheaper than wood.
the number of people here eyeing that wood is loving crazy. President already "warned" everyone against taking any lmao

MisterOblivious posted:

Holy poo poo! Never seen a rotary transfer that complex! That makes the Wirth Gruffat pneumatic controlled machine I was responsible for look like a children's toys.
yeah it's pretty bad rear end. We have full 5-axis machining at most of the spindles.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

You’re telling me that this is dangerous? :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zPmNwP8SQ

highest death rate profession in australia iirc

here is a longer video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14YkfFt6bxY

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

schmug posted:

lol not to doxx myself too hard, but the Cleveland area, why?

Tow Motor vs Forklift is like Soda Vs Pop

in my experience

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

In the 80s my father in law worked for a company that made CNC machines for the aerospace industry. Northrop had a machine that needed specialized bearings that were only manufactured by the USSR. The cheapest option to acquire them was to buy a complete CNC machine from Germany, ship it over to the USA, and pull out the bearings. They softened the blow by packing the air spaces in the machine with vodka and cigars.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty sure I've seen a gif of this exact setup fail spectacularlyz so that's a pleasant surprise.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, also staying out of line with the plane of rotation is your best protection.

Seems like an obvious self-preservation measure. What the hell kind of grinder is that anyway?

schmug
May 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Tow Motor vs Forklift is like Soda Vs Pop

in my experience

hmmph. Did I use the correct terminology for my neck of the woods.

And it's POP ...Always POP......unless you order a soda-POP that is.

From the most reputable source I could find:
"The name "Tow Motor" comes from the Towmotor Corporation, which was founded back in 1919. The original Towmotor machine did not have forks on the front. Rather, it was an industrial tractor that was made to push and pull carts from one point in a warehouse to another.

It wasn't until 1933 that Towmotor unveiled the world's very first forklift. "
https://www.manliftengineering.com/tow-motor-vs-forklift/

schmug fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 10, 2021

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

I am shocked some government agency hasn't shut this guy's apartment projects down.

this is all on a thick rug, on carpet.

IIRC from previous videos he mentioned working for UK MOD so lol

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I won't be satisfied until there's a 69-axis machine.

Ah yes, the Siemens Leck-Mich-Am-Arsch 69. Good luck finding one in decent condition. They developed end-shake problems quite early. They had a tendency to hog out... Y'know what, I'll stop right there.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Ah yes, the Siemens Leck-Mich-Am-Arsch 69. Good luck finding one in decent condition. They developed end-shake problems quite early. They had a tendency to hog out... Y'know what, I'll stop right there.

Ream out my chatter hole.

Hitachi Magic Broach

schmug
May 20, 2007

removed on good advice. thanks

Can you remove the image tag in the quote below, please. Thank you!!!!!!
VVVVVVVV

schmug fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 10, 2021

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

The dark side of my brain wants to see how hard it can crash.

Gray Stormy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 10, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

madeintaipei posted:

That's commonly known as the Kreiselficker 2000 in the DACH countries.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one impressed by how shiny that floor is? The ladder and widget maker reflect with great clarity!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

a syzygy of truckfuckling

https://mobile.twitter.com/thisisnotjuice/status/1402834723894751243

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

Gray Stormy posted:

The dark side of my brain wants to see how hard it can crash.

you and me both, and I'm the one that gets to program it lol

BigHead posted:

Am I the only one impressed by how shiny that floor is? The ladder and widget maker reflect with great clarity!
trust me, it's only under the machine. It was just done. But yeah, the guys did a pretty impressive job. Meanwhile the rest of the plant floor is pure dogshit covered in more dogshit.

schmug fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 10, 2021