Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Some Synthetik 2 gameplay just got revealed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHidLqWn8Pw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde
Haven't seen it mentioned but Inkle Studios (80 Days and Heavens Vault) new game Overboard! was released last week. It's sort of a reverse murder mystery set on a boat heading for New York in the 30's. Enjoying the couple of hours I have played so far and would think if you liked 80 Days you will like this.

Also, Control is currently free on Epic which is a fantastic game if you haven't played yet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sininu posted:

Looks like more Synthetik. Which isn't a bad thing, Synthetik ruled.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sininu posted:

Siiiik, sure looks like more Synthetik but this time in 3d all right.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1403018562923417609?s=20

Don't know what can happen from that but it doesn't seem good for EA. Maybe the hackers can package the data in lootboxes and sell those.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Maybe the hackers can package the data in lootboxes and sell those.

What do you mean here?

I personally hope the source of Fifa 21 will reveal some juicy details about their lootbox system.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sininu posted:

drat the gun sound effects are so good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sininu posted:

What do you mean here?

I personally hope the source of Fifa 21 will reveal some juicy details about their lootbox system.

I think it's just a joke about FIFA/EA business practices.

Not sure who will really be willing to pay for that stuff but hopefully something juicy comes out of it. Wouldn't surprise me if FIFA was one of if not the most profitable series of all time, it's SO popular outside the US and the gambling element is high and rakes in so much money.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Play posted:

imo you shouldn't even worry about the DLCs unless you play the game and love it so much you play it through to the end. Usually I don't play games all the way through anyways so what need have I of a DLC for that game

Strong disagree. Buy the best ones and the most relevant to the country/style you want to play. I've never played any Paradox game to the end except for maybe Victoria 2, but I still have hundreds of hours in each of them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Strong disagree. Buy the best ones and the most relevant to the country/style you want to play. I've never played any Paradox game to the end except for maybe Victoria 2, but I still have hundreds of hours in each of them.

Fair enough, I was thinking more like RPG/action DLCs that just add extra missions/areas/levels for after or close to after you've finished the game. Not ones that change the mechanics of the base game

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The funniest thing would be if there is code in the FIFA source that increases your gamble success chance if OBS is detected running

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Play posted:

Fair enough, I was thinking more like RPG/action DLCs that just add extra missions/areas/levels for after or close to after you've finished the game. Not ones that change the mechanics of the base game

Ah, thought you were talking specifically about the Paradox DLCs.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't know if this is a thing anymore, but what really pissed me off was when GOTY packages with all the DLC included were actually cheaper than the DLC alone if you already owned the base game. I'm pretty sure Borderlands 2 had that situation at some point at least.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sininu posted:

but are the boss fights going to be not-awful this time around?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Sininu posted:

I see it's still coated in a thin layer of blur. It's just subtle enough to make you think maybe your glasses need a bit of cleaning, but no, it's just the game's visual style.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I want to say that a lot of a certain era of Unreal Engine games look like that to me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I would kill to see a Complete Edition for Total Warhammer 1 or 2, if only for people who want to be up-to-date for game 3.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Blattdorf posted:

I see it's still coated in a thin layer of blur. It's just subtle enough to make you think maybe your glasses need a bit of cleaning, but no, it's just the game's visual style.

Imagined posted:

I want to say that a lot of a certain era of Unreal Engine games look like that to me.

That video looks like it was taken with <60 FPS and compressed very badly in the way which doesn't fit the game content. There is very obvious DoF active for whatever reason and everything is ghosting, which most likely is not the games fault but the video editing.

That "blurry" feel you get from many UE games is often simply how their temporal AA works these days (especially if not touched by the dev and just taken "as is" from the engine defaults). On PC at least you can usually counter that with donwsampling (not seldom even included in the game options, otherwise availabe at nvidia for many years as "DSR") and sharpening to make the picture crisp. Especially low-demand games.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
That's probably it.

RE: Chivalry 2, picked it up on the thread's recommendation. :dance: If you're going to get it you should do it now while they still have that $10.00 coupon on Epic.

Only had a chance to play the tutorial on my lunch break so far, but the narrator gave me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4PZXuk3TsM

vibes

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Holy poo poo Control is a free game right now on the Epic Game Store.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I have to say since I started using Playnite to launch everything I really don't mind everyone and their dog having their own launcher as much as I thought I would. Now if they start breaking Playnite or it stops updating, I'll be back at square one, but for now it's gravy. The big advantage Playnite has over adding everything to Steam is that Playnite has figured out how to work with Xbox Game Pass games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqF0KLsaf6U

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

:krad:
well there's a game I never realized I wanted before

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Neat! Steam link to save y'all a google https://store.steampowered.com/app/1590760/Metal_Slug_Tactics/

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Death Stranding is getting a directors cut. Which is weird to me because there was no-one stopping Kojima from doing whatever he wanted anyway.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Edge of Eternity looks like it is Exactly My poo poo, thanks! Gonna pull the trigger on that.

If you haven't already picked this up on Steam, I just noticed it's $15 on Epic Games after their ongoing $10 coupon deal.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I hope he adds even more cutscenes

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
... what is this trash? Is this earth, is this real? Am I alive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTS0iPfWc8

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wghat

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChTwQ_q7ss

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

Death Stranding is getting a directors cut. Which is weird to me because there was no-one stopping Kojima from doing whatever he wanted anyway.

And also no-one exists who actually asked for such a thing. Therefore making perfect sense that it is what Kojima is delivering.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I love weird, "gently caress it lets go for it" type of mashup like this. Gameplay animation looks to keep high quality Metal Slug is known for.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Now a Salt and Sanctuary 2 with online coop is totally cool. I just hope they manage to get the balance right for this one - the first one was full of dead items and traps in the character builds. Mods fixed that, so clearly it was *possible* to do it better.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If you guys like Metal Slug you should try Mighty Goose... probably the best game I've gotten in the past month, it's fun as gently caress, fast paced arcade shooter action

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Play posted:

If you guys like Metal Slug you should try Mighty Goose... probably the best game I've gotten in the past month, it's fun as gently caress, fast paced arcade shooter action

drat I saw that in the new releases but didn't look at the store page, this looks sick. Thanks for the heads up!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Play posted:

And also no-one exists who actually asked for such a thing. Therefore making perfect sense that it is what Kojima is delivering.

yeah no one wants more of one of the best games of last decade lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ah nooo pls kojima dont make more of your good game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Stux posted:

good game

quote:

best games of last decade

I think I see the issue here.... lol

Pretty sure most people would rather see almost anything else, especially something new, rather than more Death Stranding. It was fine I guess but I think there was plenty of it already. That's how I see it, and a LOT of people would not even come close to agreeing with you that Death Stranding was one of the greatest games of the last decade. That is a very niche opinion

explosivo posted:

drat I saw that in the new releases but didn't look at the store page, this looks sick. Thanks for the heads up!

I can confirm that it is good and fun to play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Death Stranding owns and I'll play the Director's Cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Play posted:

I think I see the issue here.... lol

Pretty sure most people would rather see almost anything else, especially something new, rather than more Death Stranding. It was fine I guess but I think there was plenty of it already. That's how I see it, and a LOT of people would not even come close to agreeing with you that Death Stranding was one of the greatest games of the last decade. That is a very niche opinion
I unironically want more Death Stranding and I unironically hope he adds even more cutscenes

gently caress me up with more Mario and Princess beach Kojima I'm ready