Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

LAUGHMYFUCKINGASSOFF I just found out at least three of the spindles on the top of the machine are cocked/crooked/bent/dented/not good from hitting something sometime by someone somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
It's honestly scary to tally up how much damage one could do with such little effort. I could destroy so much without even leaving bed before anyone could intervene.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

If OSHA regs are written in blood I know what that warning sign is written in.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Antigravitas posted:

It's honestly scary to tally up how much damage one could do with such little effort. I could destroy so much without even leaving bed before anyone could intervene.

I once caused like $500,000-1,000,000 damage in a machine shop by loving up and not hitting the "slow" button before calibrating a machine. They thought I just hosed up the $500 sensor but I actually managed to slam the bit down hard enough to move the plate the aluminum molds sat on down by 1/32nd or so of an inch.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

I am shocked some government agency hasn't shut this guy's apartment projects down.

this is all on a thick rug, on carpet.
He certainly got his marriage shut down

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Xaintrailles posted:

Poop obviously.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

Xaintrailles posted:

Some people say that truck driving is a boys club that's exclusionary to women, but look at this here broad that one the weekly "cranking your hog" competition.

*Smash cut to big titty lady mudflaps but the lady is rainbow for pride month*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna slap a monster energy sticker on a $10 toaster and resell it for $100.

No lowballers, I know what I've got.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm pretty sure the Celina Truckstop is a parody, but they also sell a shirt that says "GAY TRANSPORT" so who's to say.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/celinatruckstop/status/1399912658300813312?s=19

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Xaintrailles posted:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm pretty sure the Celina Truckstop is a parody, but they also sell a shirt that says "GAY TRANSPORT" so who's to say.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/celinatruckstop/status/1399912658300813312?s=19

Also, "Amelia" is Amy Schumer

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Xaintrailles posted:

To anyone that didn't click the twitter link earlier, she wants everyone to know her teardrop tattoo isn't because she murdered someone, its because she accidentally killed someone by falling asleep at the wheel and got the tattoo in their memory.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Desert Bus posted:

I once caused like $500,000-1,000,000 damage in a machine shop by loving up and not hitting the "slow" button before calibrating a machine. They thought I just hosed up the $500 sensor but I actually managed to slam the bit down hard enough to move the plate the aluminum molds sat on down by 1/32nd or so of an inch.

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I cause damage 20x what he "values" me on company time.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Zero One posted:

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I cause damage 20x what he "values" me on company time.

That place got me sent to the hospital because apparently using scrap aluminum for shims was good but me cutting my thumb down to the bone on one was unacceptable. I also had three years of AutoCAD experience but they promoted the lady he wanted to gently caress to that position despite zero experience.

Long story short, someone broke in and stole all their computers and they went out of business.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/gAyblL0.mp4

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Desert Bus posted:

That place got me sent to the hospital because apparently using scrap aluminum for shims was good but me cutting my thumb down to the bone on one was unacceptable. I also had three years of AutoCAD experience but they promoted the lady he wanted to gently caress to that position despite zero experience.

Long story short, someone broke in and stole all their computers and they went out of business.

Lmao, at a company I was a machinist for I applied for an engineer position and they hired some managers kid instead.

I now work for a company that sends them work. They're getting less now b/c I'm petty I value a diversified value stream.

E:vvv hell yeah, aluminum toxicity induced schizophrenia pal! Nice.

E2: I ground aluminum mold cooling inserts for those walmart q-tip purse packs. I used an extractor but that's still a lot of environmental Al dust.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 10, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

My body was pushing out chunks of aluminum for like 5 years, safety was not high on their priority list. At least none of it ended up in my eyes.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qugyx8Ze1N1r0uzl6.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Wow. Mainly I'm impressed that both idiots didn't get wipes out by the truck

Cat Hatter posted:

To anyone that didn't click the twitter link earlier, she wants everyone to know her teardrop tattoo isn't because she murdered someone, its because she accidentally killed someone by falling asleep at the wheel and got the tattoo in their memory.

Holy poo poo :lol:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cat Hatter posted:

the tweet is still there

https://twitter.com/celinatruckstop/status/1402730865143263238

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
OSHA IV: Stop pooping in our parking lot

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_quh0lqSKsO1r0uzl6.mp4

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get The Onion to take down some of their tweets, too

It's like they're not even journalists!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm going out on a limb to guess that the account owner doesn't give a gently caress about poo poo much like a true truckfuckler

schmug
May 20, 2007

pretty sure that was intentional. Which makes it even more OSHA I suppose lol

:thejoke:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Oh hello 270 spur! The Maryland side of the beltway is crawling with idiot drivers so this is impressive even so

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Just sharing for the rest of the class that don't click twitter links (including me usually).

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

"No. No no no no no no. It's a manslaughter tattoo"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Do you guys really not know what Amy Schumer looks like? Am I missing something?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

FCKGW posted:

Do you guys really not know what Amy Schumer looks like? Am I missing something?

:thejoke:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FCKGW posted:

Like a tampon spokesperson? That's the only thing I've seen her in for years. Also she's like two of that lady put together.

E: eh, maybe 1.5x that lady.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The joke is that it's obviously a joke twitter account that for some reason people are not realizing.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mozi posted:

The joke is that it's obviously a joke twitter account that for some reason people are not realizing.

Some people find jokes funny and talk about them even when they know they are jokes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

schmug posted:

you and me both, and I'm the one that gets to program it lol

trust me, it's only under the machine. It was just done. But yeah, the guys did a pretty impressive job. Meanwhile the rest of the plant floor is pure dogshit covered in more dogshit.
Do you guys manufacture only brass valves, or is that used for other stuff, too?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Uncle Enzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aMT9MBfZI

Wups the chopper touched $15 worth of steel cable, available at every hardware store

Dirk the Average posted:

I have family that worked on some famous military copters and they basically describe helicopters as machines that are designed to shake themselves apart. You start out with the rotor, and then you have to add another rotor to counter the rotation, and then now you have torques to deal with, so you reinforce that area, which then means you need more lift, which then...

That's the wildest part of this video to me. I totally get that hitting a wire with the rotors is a bad thing, but within a second of that happening the pilot's door and the entire tail assembly just decide to yeet themselves off the airframe and into the wild blue yonder.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, just back up to dock 2B

How will i know which is 2A and which is 2B

oh you'll know

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
At least they have security cameras on both

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Powershift posted:

Yeah, just back up to dock 2B

How will i know which is 2A and which is 2B

oh you'll know

There's some kind of power substation behind my job that has a second level loading dock like that. They recently used it to bring in some heavy equipment via crane that had to go on the second floor.

I mostly noticed because the crane took up about half our parking lot for the few days they were doing stuff.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

schmug posted:

Here is the main machining unit laid out on a nice shiny piece of floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That must be the warehouse where they keep all the airline food