Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Comrade Fakename posted:

My theory is that the Switch Pro will be announced at the Keighleycast tonight. Seems like the kind of announcement Geoff would snaffle up.

Thanks, I forgot that was happening tonight! I've been so busy the past few weeks, I even forgot about E3. But maybe that's more E3's fault, lately...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
What time do games become available on the e-shop?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

nerox posted:

I think there's some on there now

non rear end in a top hat answer: midnight est for bigger stuff

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nerox posted:

It varies from game to game. The big AAA releases are 9pm pacific time the night before their officially stated release date.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Thanks, I was wondering for Mario Golf in 2 weeks. :dance:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

A friend of mine's new puppy decided to chew up all of her Switch jewel cases while the games were inside, but the games were spared. Cart taste working as intended.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

dr.acula posted:

A friend of mine's new puppy decided to chew up all of her Switch jewel cases while the games were inside, but the games were spared. Cart taste working as intended.

drat, now I'm hyped af!!! if this isn't a sign that the switch pro is coming then I clearly lack basic comprehension/analytical skills and should probably check out of this conversation maybe enroll in some sort of adult education course or something

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I also got the Horipad Split Pro controller. It's got no battery or gyro, but drat that's comfortable. Finally got around to play Astral Chain without breaking my fingers.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Guys!
Guys!
Gals!

Nintedooooooooooong!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Game Builder Garage tomorrow!

Can't wait to maybe build something stupid, but more importantly, to play something stupid! :toot:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Game Builder Garage tomorrow!

Can't wait to maybe build something stupid, but more importantly, to play something stupid! :toot:

I look forward to the experience that I get from any piece of software that lets me build a game. Specifically, going through some of the tutorials, and ultimately realising I'm too lazy to commit to it for long enough to make anything worthwhile of my own. But if I have some dumb fun on the way, it'll have been worth the pre-order.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Been playing far too much Stardew Valley, but I've always loved this game. The experience is made 1000x better now that I'm playing it with my SNES controller, it's perfect for it.

I'd lose access to the Codex if I tried the SNES controller in Hades, but I can't help to think I'd also adore it there too.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm interested in the game making game but I dunno if I can stand making anything serious with a controller.

Also how are they handling distributing creations? Is there going to be an online game-finding mechanism like mario maker?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Watched the NintendoLife review of Game Builder Garage and nooope, that level (elementary) of commitment to learning how “code” is definitely not in my wheelhouse.

Sharing creation codes only apparently, no online browsing through creations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm going to make some dumb spider-man games for my kid where spider-man tells him how cool he is

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm still obsessed with Subnautica, so I might (try to) make a tribute game or something.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Didn’t see this posted yet https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/kingdom-come-deliverance-coming-to-switch

I’ve never played it myself but seen streams of it and if they somehow by magic make it run ok then I’ll definitely get the port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm interested in the game making game but I dunno if I can stand making anything serious with a controller.

Also how are they handling distributing creations? Is there going to be an online game-finding mechanism like mario maker?

You get a creation code for anything you make and getting other people to see your code and try it is up to you. They probably want it more private than say Mario maker because there's more potential for child unfriendly content.

It does have compatibility with USB Mouse/Keyboard

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It does have compatibility with USB Mouse/Keyboard

This seems promising. Maybe I could just undock the switch and prop it up at my work station. Sounds kind of fun in a quaint way.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Got a hori split pad pro and the left trigger is starting to get stuck. Do people usually have to open them up and fix something? It is heavily used

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Has anyone played Mercenaries Blaze: Dawn of the Twin Dragons and if so, how is it? I picked up Mercenary Saga Chronicles awhile back and it was alright, basically a very simplistic Tactics Ogre-inspired strategy game. I'm curious if Blaze is an improvement.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone tried Alba yet?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is there any point in Pokemon Sword showing locked+seeking Max Raid Battles besides annoy you? Like am I missing a secret way to join these?

You need their code to join anyway, so why is it even showing up for me, a stranger, when I need to know the person to begin with? I'm crazy but I'm not missing a step here am I?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Barreft posted:

Is there any point in Pokemon Sword showing locked+seeking Max Raid Battles besides annoy you? Like am I missing a secret way to join these?

You need their code to join anyway, so why is it even showing up for me, a stranger, when I need to know the person to begin with? I'm crazy but I'm not missing a step here am I?

Nope, it's a stupid design decision, just like most of the online system. Not having proper queues, and 90% of the online raids not existing by the time you set to them is super annoying.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Barreft posted:

because for some incredibly asinine reason, they decided that multiplayer between friends should use the exact same interface as multiplayer between complete randoms, and that wading through a sea of randoms to try and find your friends was good game design

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
It's so people who don't have online play can see it and think "wow, that looks really fun, I'll go buy online". Is it great at doing that? Probably not. But that's why.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wow luckily it was my first Pokemon game and I somehow blasted through 40 hours mostly playing solo. I was trying to add some extra hours doing some multiplayer for fun, but yeah this is way more annoying than I thought.

Oh well, still money well spent. Nintendo online at it's usual.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just curious, never seen this before: why does Super Bomberman R Online have a "states and territories of the United States" field on the first launch language setup with the options "California" and "Other"? Does it contain text that somehow violates one of those regulations specific to California like all those carcinogen warnings they require? e: maybe something in the EULA or privacy policy everyone else just puts inline?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Super Bomberman R Online is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just curious, never seen this before: why does Super Bomberman R Online have a "states and territories of the United States" field on the first launch language setup with the options "California" and "Other"? Does it contain text that somehow violates one of those regulations specific to California like all those carcinogen warnings they require? e: maybe something in the EULA or privacy policy everyone else just puts inline?

Data collection maybe?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star posted:

Didn’t see this posted yet https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/kingdom-come-deliverance-coming-to-switch

I’ve never played it myself but seen streams of it and if they somehow by magic make it run ok then I’ll definitely get the port.

The OG Xbox One runs this game in the 20fps range at 900p.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Super Bomberman R Online is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

I mean, bombs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Kingdom come deliverance felt like an even more boring version of Witcher 3 tbh. I of course immediately abandoned it after this initial impression barely having played it for 30 minutes. Love games pass.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kingdom Come Deliverance is The Witcher if you took everything fun out of The Witcher, and made a game solely for fans of medieval reenactment cosplay and extremely technical combat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

Kingdom Come Deliverance is The Witcher if you took everything fun out of The Witcher, and made a game solely for fans of medieval reenactment cosplay and extremely technical combat.

Also its marketed on ACCURACY (code for no blacks) instead of just having no black people and no excuse like the witcher

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Also its marketed on ACCURACY (code for no blacks) instead of just having no black people and no excuse like the witcher

Weren't there black people in Europe then?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yes!!!

The all caps on accuracy was to distinguish it from reality

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I gave up like 5 minutes into the game or whenever you got the horse and you had to navigate your vision separate to the horses or something, kept running into walls, and realized I had better use of my time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Barreft posted:

I gave up like 5 minutes into the game or whenever you got the horse and you had to navigate your vision separate to the horses or something, kept running into walls, and realized I had better use of my time.

It's a well known fact that horses move in the same way as the boat in Minecraft. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what is a horse but a land boat really