Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elden Ring is real and my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Me one year ago: From games suck, they’re just for elitists and masochists, I hate them

Me today: cries with excitement at the Elden Ring trailer

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6pCyV7PnqI

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I'm sure the game will be excellent but man, having just played through the Demon's Souls remake 3 times in the past couple weeks, stepping backwards to crossgen graphics for Elden Ring is going to be rough.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fromsoftware are such loving kings, pure gameplay trailer after being mia for 2 years.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Oooohhhhh

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Elden Ring is real and my friend.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Sony does not mess around with their shipping speed, Cosmic Red controller came in this morning.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
OH MY GOD ELDEN RING

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I will absolutely play the poo poo out of Elden Ring but it sure is hard to watch the trailer without picking at things that look like DkS references.

Am I turning into VaatiVidya

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If now we get a Bloodborne PS5 upgrade with 60fps and cut content, that releases before Elden Ring that would just be perfect.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
You access Elden Ring through the broken archstone in Demon's Souls

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

suuma posted:

I will absolutely play the poo poo out of Elden Ring but it sure is hard to watch the trailer without picking at things that look like DkS references.

Am I turning into VaatiVidya

no first you need to create a whole lore video based on a short description of an item

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
holy smokes elden ring looks amazing

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I love the hand monster and some kind of small vase monster

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ulio posted:

If now we get a Bloodborne PS5 upgrade with 60fps and cut content, that releases before Elden Ring that would just be perfect.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

this game is gonna rule

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It looks good, and I like how there were parts that weren't just "Dark Souls Clone" like the sekiro moments riding around and killing packs of monsters. Praying for some innovation

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
HOT drat is it Dark Souls 4 with Sekiro movement?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It look like souls is back on the menu
Hope it has mp

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
More like Legend of Zelden Ring

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

It look like souls is back on the menu
Hope it has mp

There appeared to be blue phantoms in the trailer

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

man nurse posted:

Good lord FF 7 whips in 4K. A good port

Seriously, it's wild. And I knew there was a reason I prepped this save file.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Has anyone ran into and solved the issue of the PS5 seemingly capping connection speeds?

All the sudden I can’t get anything over 65mbps down and 11.5mbps up. Same speeds over LAN and WiFi so it seems for some reason the console is choosing to stop there. I generally just use an Ethernet cable right to the router so it’s not a port forwarding/wireless issue.

I looked around online and found people with almost the exact same numbers they’re stuck at but not anyone who actually solved it and described how.

edit: oh looks like I picked a bad time and there’s video game news happening. I’ll probly just re-ask this later.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

This looks loving sick. Also the release date is in January, which makes me think it will actually release at that time. You know, instead of being another one of those "yea it's definitely coming right before christmas guys 100%" release dates.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Carwash posted:

This looks loving sick. Also the release date is in January, which makes me think it will actually release at that time. You know, instead of being another one of those "yea it's definitely coming right before christmas guys 100%" release dates.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1403076217146839040?s=21

acksplode
May 17, 2004

gently caress yeah Elden Ring. Glad it's cross gen tbh, that gives me confidence they'll hit their date since they didn't go back to the drawing board and make it a total next gen game. I wonder if there will be native PS5/Series versions or if they're just gonna rely on BC.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I watched the elden ring trailer again but this time on the tv instead of the phone and it's even sicker than I first thought

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Elden Ring more like Dark Foals

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
So glad it looks nothing like Sekiro.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

These Battle Royale games are getting weirder and weirder.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Re: Elden Ring (according to IGN)

quote:

Upgrade Your PS4/Xbox One Version to New-Gen. Elden Ring will include an upgrade path for players who purchase it on the previous-gen and then upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X|S. For Xbox owners, this will be done through Smart Delivery, while PlayStation players will likely need to download an update for disc and digital copies.

So the PS5 version sounds like it will be more than just running the PS4 game in backcompat mode.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Timotheous Venture posted:

Re: Elden Ring (according to IGN)

So the PS5 version sounds like it will be more than just running the PS4 game in backcompat mode.

No it sounds like you'll just have to download the whole ps5 game instead of installing the ps4 version from disc. Like the new ff7 remake upgrade

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
well im hyped as gently caress for 2022

acksplode
May 17, 2004

bobby2times posted:

So glad it looks nothing like Sekiro.

Idk, I see a lot of dodging and just-in-time weapon blocking and not much shield action. I'm sure it won't be all about parries like Sekiro is, but it's looking closer to Sekiro or Bloodborne than DeS and DS1/2. Even faster combat than DS3 I think. I bet the horse's high jump serves a similar purpose to the prosthetic grapple.

Timotheous Venture posted:

Good stuff, hope that means we can expect a rock solid 60 FPS at 4K or close to it.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

PlayStation 5: I bet the horse's high jump serves a similar purpose to the prosthetic grapple.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No it sounds like you'll just have to download the whole ps5 game instead of installing the ps4 version from disc. Like the new ff7 remake upgrade

Well yeah, if you put the PS4 disc into a PS5. But you could just get the PS5 disc version and not have to download anything. I just meant it as confirmation that there will be a difference between the generational versions of the game. Which is a good thing for us PS5 havers.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

mistermojo posted:

I love the hand monster and some kind of small vase monster

The enemy design looks top notch in this 1. Enemies are just a crazy mish mash of objects+ beings. I love this weird poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

just one video means it's being cancelled otherwise they'd have a separate announcement and trailer