Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

they won the grand finals 3-1 I'm not sure I'd call that barely winning

also this series is VG's bid for TI. Win and they're in, lose and they go to Quals

I mean, there were some throws and Sammy dying a ton in that last game. Idk, they beat them 2-1 upper bracket and 2-0 in groups. Like, I'm not going to say the win was entirely decided by Sammy's mom passing away but I'm not going to say that wasn't a big factor in Sammy playing really, really badly in the GFs. Regardless, I don't think Undying is bad, I just think saying that they would be much better than a bunch of the teams at this event based on their performance in League play is a bit of a reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
VG matched the WK Radiance timing with the Grimstroke Agh timing. what a player.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This grimstroke is gargantuan

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/e/e1/Vo_grimstroke_grimstroke_ability3_02.mp3

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
VG's pos4 grimstroke is more farmed than the VP timbersaw that was supposed to dominate the early game

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Virtus Pro here to poo poo the bed at a major once again

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder if every starting upperbracket team making GBS threads the bed will make the next major not have this trash rear end format.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/8/8c/Vo_grimstroke_grimstroke_rival_121.mp3

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

10/2/21 Spectre
10/1/22 Grimstroke :smugdog:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kild posted:

I wonder if every starting upperbracket team making GBS threads the bed will make the next major not have this trash rear end format.

it's so bad lol

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

it's so bad lol

its a pretty poo poo system but i dont think thats really the whole thing. alliance and aster were both getting poo poo on in scrims iirc so i dont think you can really point towards the lack of group stage as why these teams are getting destroyed. i will say that i dont really understand why theyre not just doing a ti style round robin approach but hopefully they decide to do that next year. like getting more points is already a big enough incentive to make teams want to be at the top of their league. hopefully we can switch to like, idk, dual round robin in league play, and then essentially ti style groupstage/bracket play for major, and then maybe increase DPC payouts at the major by like double while cutting DPC payouts at the leagues to maybe 75% of their current level. that would change the total count from 5400 from majors and 13800 from leagues to 10800 from majors and 10350 from leagues. performance at lan should be about equal with performance at league when it comes to qualifying for ti.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
we root for virtus pro to help out thunder predator

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
VP just woke up

Sampatrick posted:

:hai:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
VP showing signs of life

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

helping thunder predator also involves rooting against noping, spirit, and predator though and I don't think I can do that

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/7/74/Vo_ancient_apparition_appa_attack_10.mp3

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

helping thunder predator also involves rooting against noping, spirit, and predator though and I don't think I can do that

noping is allowed to take thunder predator's slot. we root against nigma, vici, and spirit in this household.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

we root against spirit in this household.

your house loving sucks

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Has this phoenix gotten a single egg off?

game 2 is just a complete reversal of game 1

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

way too greedy sticking around

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

another game where Ursa can never fight

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

your house loving sucks

Agree. As long as alliance and nigma are out I'm happy. I want the EU quals to be staaaaaaacked

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Not sure I've seen an Ursa win this major without a Magnus on the same team

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/status/1403070717831389185?s=20

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

another game where Ursa can never fight

hero has a 57% winrate, definitely not a weak hero. i think its just really hard to burst any of the heroes in the game and ursa really only get like 12 seconds where he can fight because bkb is so important. you can see in that last fight, your best target to burst is the centaur and then your bkb/ult run out and the fight becomes impossible. a draft win for vp here i think.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Oh my god, VP was looking strong but that turnaround from Vici was amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol VP

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Oh my god, VP was looking strong but that turnaround from Vici was amazing

was it amazing from vg? i feel like vp has no business going all in on that terrorblade when they know they have no more disables and he has sunder. i dont understand that commitment at all

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo Ori just threw away the game with that jump in

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

im the chinese terrorblade not using sunder in 5 seconds of being at 20% hp against 3 healthy vp heroes

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
holy poo poo you can actually hear vp pop off after that fight lol

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i think if wr gets aghs shard the game gets way way easier for virtus pro

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's a big whoops for monkey king there

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What is it about this patch or meta that makes games so volatile

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
false promise????

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Terrorblade the demon was born with a special power. He was stronger than all the demons in hell.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think that was two fights in a row that monkey king wasted over half his bkb duration by getting his tree cut

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
yeah idk nightfall ruins every fight by jumping on top of a tree right in front of a vg hero and then getting stunned for a million years

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
truly a cursed tournament format where the teams who earned a better position aren't allowed to get accustomed to officials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

yeah idk nightfall ruins every fight by jumping on top of a tree right in front of a vg hero and then getting stunned for a million years

not just a vg hero but specifically a timbersaw