Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the trailer is pretty good, martin being attached is maybe the least interesting part of the overall pitch of elden ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

feel like it really hasnt been the long wait ppl have been saying cos sekiro was only 3 years ago however, im going to play it and it looks good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

the trailer is pretty good, martin being attached is maybe the least interesting part of the overall pitch of elden ring.

hes only the outliner iirc, the actual substance of the games writing is from soft

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

hes only the outliner iirc, the actual substance of the games writing is from soft

that sounds like the perfect move - i don't think martin lacks for ideas but nothing of his i've read tells me he can improve on what works for souls' line-to-line writing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

Yeah, he basically just came up with the setting and wrote some history for it, from what I remember.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Day of Devs is a nice palette cleanser from "like hitler" and "we're a new studio for Sony with literally nothing to show." Just pleasant gameplay from indie games.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Elden Ring looks fucken sick

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sekiro only came out two years ago the wait hasn’t been long at all lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Songbearer posted:

I saw Brigador got a cool new update and then was made sad when I remembered that the developers are giant nazi transphobe assholes

This and Ion Fury are two of my greatest videogame Milkshake Ducks (Subnautica almost made it too)

I also have not played Kingdom: Cum Delivery because of this reason

Does kcd have transphobic stuff? I don’t remember that controversy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I still haven’t played sekiro

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tabletops posted:

Does kcd have transphobic stuff? I don’t remember that controversy

It’s Nazi-adjacent iirc

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How is dark souls not already open world

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Sekiro only came out two years ago the wait hasn’t been long at all lmao

The issue is that Dark Souls 3 was five years ago and as great as Sekiro was most people saw it as a cute little little side project between Souls and Ring.

That and the two years of radio silence hosed with people's heads. They shouldn't have announced it so early.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dark souls is a open-world metroidvania roguelike mmorpg soulslike if you think about it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will pull an Elden Ring :shobon:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

External Organs posted:

Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will pull an Elden Ring :shobon:

Switch 2 launch title

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

stev posted:

The issue is that Dark Souls 3 was five years ago and as great as Sekiro was most people saw it as a cute little little side project between Souls and Ring.

Jokes on them for dismissing the best From game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

That and the two years of radio silence hosed with people's heads. They shouldn't have announced it so early.

ah yeah theyre magnum opus that had 500x more care put into it than ds3. a cute side project.

they shouldve. everyones brains have been injured by the insane cycles everyone else uses. from always drops a trailer early, then keeps quiet until its ready. this is the platonic ideal that all devs should follow so ppl stop losing their minds.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Like I'm not trying to disparage anybody for liking discworld, like I said in an earlier post we all like things at certain times in our lives that speak to us for who we are at the time. If I had read discworld as a kid I'd probably have fond memories of it too, but I didnt. I read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and at 12 years old it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I have fond memories of it. Though if I were to read it again today it would probably be pretty disappointing

both of those things are still really good and you probably wouldn't be disappointed. you have a point about liking things, but you're choosing the worst examples of good Classic poo poo that's just Good and not like attached to nostalgia, like any number of corny poo poo I liked in highschool and can't even recall to bring up as an example since have outgrown that and the source material wasn't worth remembering forever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nobody saw Sekiro as a side project. It came out months before Elden Ring was even announced

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe she'll fight as many people as Ryu someday

(this list is missing monster hunter/fortnite/power rangers smh)

2B fought Geralt in Soulcalibur VI, who ended up in a portal to Monster Hunter World where Ryu also was

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yeah I read the Drizzt books in middle school and loved that poo poo but would never touch it in 2021 but I read the first four Discworld books as a grown rear end adult and they're still funny and fun adventures.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

remember the sekiro teaser thats just the arm and some blood and people thought it was bloodborne 2 for a minute

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Jay Rust posted:

It’s Nazi-adjacent iirc

I don’t remember any nazi poo poo in the game but their exclusion of non whites due to historical accuracy (dumb, wrong) was pretty lovely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

al-azad posted:

Yeah I read the Drizzt books in middle school and loved that poo poo but would never touch it in 2021 but I read the first four Discworld books as a grown rear end adult and they're still funny and fun adventures.

I have a collection of the original Icewind Dale trilogy and I started reading it a couple years ago before I fell off. It wasn’t bad but had a shocking amount of spelling errors

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The best hype cycle is to not announce a game until it's like 4 months away imo

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

let the anger flow through your salt beef filling

Khanstant posted:

both of those things are still really good and you probably wouldn't be disappointed. you have a point about liking things, but you're choosing the worst examples of good Classic poo poo that's just Good and not like attached to nostalgia, like any number of corny poo poo I liked in highschool and can't even recall to bring up as an example since have outgrown that and the source material wasn't worth remembering forever.

Give an example you coward

For me it's 100% Reel Big Fish. I saw them live at least twice. Just shameful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

Jokes on them for dismissing the best From game

All the cool things from the Elden Ring trailer add up to SekiEurope more than Darksoulsen Ring. Looks like they used Sekiro to really flesh out their combat system, movement smoothness, better controls, and smooth verticality and grappling to gives levels more depth and interesting terrain and more combat options. If they can take the variety of moves and abilities tied to the one weapon in Sekiro, will be cool if they can apply that to all the other weapons as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i looks like seki moving, souls world/areas and bloodbonre enemies. that is to say, it looks epic win

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will wait to see what percentage of the stamina meter your dodge roll uses before I decide if I want it

cautiously interested though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Grumbles posted:

oh music is easier: mc chris or basically anything nerdcore. There's still a few songs of that genre I like when relevant or because they were ctachy in some way, but yeesh, that's music you listen to alone, not something you can play when others are around.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The Grumbles posted:

I also saw reel big fish live twice. I also read stupid amounts of star wars eu novels as a kid

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Grumbles posted:

I mean I don't know what I expected, but from that trailer it just looks like Dark Souls with a horse.

what more could you possibly want honestly!!!

PRAISE the TREE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's a big loving tree

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

stev posted:

lol what

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

I also read stupid amounts of star wars eu novels as a kid

I did this as well. I think there’s still a big box of them in my parents’ attic

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't play or care about Sekiro at all but I'm interested in Elden Ring

Especially because it looks like it may have multi again with those blue phantoms in the trailer

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Japanese fantasy games obsession with Yggdrasil will never not bewilder me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It genuinely is really loving beautiful.

I'm wondering about the scale of the world. From the trailer I got the impression that it's open and explorable but not a drastically huge space. More Zelda than Witcher. At least I hope so.

I don't agree with it, it's just that gamers have incurably broken brains.