Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark Souls 4 lookin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hmm ok, maybe my prescription wasn't strong enough for it to seem out of focus without glasses then lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

nice rickroll but this isnt my first day online

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

You glasses-havers should consider paying someone to shoot you in the eyes with lasers. Best thing I've ever done.

Ain't cheap, but if you can swing it man it's incredible. If I paid double what it cost it would still be worth it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hmm ok, maybe my prescription wasn't strong enough for it to seem out of focus without glasses then lol

VR headset optics usually have the focal distance fixed at about 2 meters, so if you can focus at that distance IRL then you won't need glasses

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

some direct feed screenshots

yep that's :darksouls:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also this was shown off a bit today, it's the newest game by the Titan Souls developer, but it's a full fledged game and you are a crow with a sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXfqGcxICM

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what with the ethereal world tree towering over the entire planet in that one shot i'm wondering if there's going to be a "rip miura" tribute in there somewhere

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

also this was shown off a bit today, it's the newest game by the Titan Souls developer, but it's a full fledged game and you are a crow with a sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXfqGcxICM

corvades

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chicory also came out, from some of the same developers as Wandersong (and music by Lena Raine): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123450/Chicory_A_Colorful_Tale/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPbC8W9eMY

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Wow, really mixed feelings on that. The anime art style is completely off, the isometric view makes all the profiles look 'wrong', and not to mention careful positioning and deliberate shots are antithetical to the Rambo-style gameplay Metal Slug is built on. Otoh I'm a total sucker for FFT and XCOM games, soooo....

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Impermanent posted:

not to drag this debacle on for n many pages but someone ought to tell the starsector and consumer softproducts people about the brigador devs because it sucks that they're cross promoting.

Agreed, but someone else will have to do so as it’s become a stress point for me

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

GrandpaPants posted:

Chicory also came out, from some of the same developers as Wandersong (and music by Lena Raine): https://store.steampowered.com/app/1123450/Chicory_A_Colorful_Tale/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPbC8W9eMY

This is everything I could ever want. Feels like a really bombastic saturday morning cartoon rather than an anime, the music is classic Metal Slug goodness, but it is weird seeing those sprites at those angles. Really excited.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Always happy for more Dark Souls, but finish winds of winter GRRM you gently caress

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Trickyblackjack posted:

Always happy for more Dark Souls, but finish winds of winter GRRM you gently caress

Just assume he never will imo.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Trickyblackjack posted:

pretty sure he got his fat sack of cash with a big dollar sign on the side from the tv show and checked out bud

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Trickyblackjack posted:

For some reason that trailer doesn't do anything for me. And I loved the trailers for DS1 and DS3.

Maybe it's because all the creatures shown off are weird and goofy, and there's no "normal" backdrop for them to be weird and goofy against. My first thought after watching the trailer was "these all seem like cut-content creature designs from the soulsborne series".

I hope the next trailer is another Bartholomew level masterpiece.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there was a dark souls commercial with a backing song called “bartholomew”

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean t the rest of the post

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh i ignored that part because the words seem like english but the placement makes no sense

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
The only good thing about Death Stranding was how thirsty Kojima got for Mads.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Serephina posted:

Wow, really mixed feelings on that. The anime art style is completely off, the isometric view makes all the profiles look 'wrong', and not to mention careful positioning and deliberate shots are antithetical to the Rambo-style gameplay Metal Slug is built on. Otoh I'm a total sucker for FFT and XCOM games, soooo....

It's the opposite for me, I generally dislike tactics games for their slow pace of play but just the metal slug IP and the nice looking sprites is plenty to get me interested in this one. I wish it was an action game but I'm still here for it

Darkrenown posted:

The only good thing about Death Stranding was how thirsty Kojima got for Mads.

Probably the most widely understandable thing that's ever come from Kojima tbqh

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sab669 posted:

You glasses-havers should consider paying someone to shoot you in the eyes with lasers. Best thing I've ever done.

Ain't cheap, but if you can swing it man it's incredible. If I paid double what it cost it would still be worth it.

my mom got it years ago. it was great for awhile then wore off i guess so now she wears glasses again.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anyone got a better portmanteau for metal slug tactics than "metal slugaea" i'm not happy with it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cowcaster posted:

anyone got a better portmanteau for metal slug tactics than "metal slugaea" i'm not happy with it

Metal slactics.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
SlugCOM

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Speaking of turn based poo poo, I was browsing the E3 Recap site, and I almost scrolled past this one until my brain went "hold up there was a hex grid in that thumbnail, go back".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbP3_u3JNnE

This is quite possibly the most ~*Oldschool PC Gaming*~ :pcgaming1: looking thing I've seen in a long time. Like it's just missing a Windows 98 title bar from the top. And I'm all for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cowcaster posted:

metacticals slug

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Impermanent posted:

not to drag this debacle on for n many pages but someone ought to tell the starsector and consumer softproducts people about the brigador devs because it sucks that they're cross promoting.

Actually gently caress it, tweeted the question at the Cruelty Squad account. Someone do the same for Starsector, I am out of spoons.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is there a thread for Chivalry 2? Hate to keep asking questions about it here when it's not even on Steam, even though this is often the default miscellaneous PC-gaming thread.

Anyway, I keep seeing notifications that I've been healed by other players, and seeing + signs over friendly player's heads, but aside from bandages I can use on myself I haven't yet figured out how to heal other players. How do you do it?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Imagined posted:

Is there a thread for Chivalry 2? Hate to keep asking questions about it here when it's not even on Steam, even though this is often the default miscellaneous PC-gaming thread.

Anyway, I keep seeing notifications that I've been healed by other players, and seeing + signs over friendly player's heads, but aside from bandages I can use on myself I haven't yet figured out how to heal other players. How do you do it?

There's a freshly created general swordmans game thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969586

Some classes have ways to heal teammates behind the 4 button. Like a warhorn that is a big one-time AoE heal and a banner you can plonk down for a longer lasting heal aura.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Serephina posted:

Disagree, the anime parts look good, not that it seems like it'll come up past the intro video. The sprite work still looks great and retains the style with a change in perspective. I can never get far in these quarter-munchers and from what I tell it's partly because of the Rambo style, speedruns and complete run videos seem to be a lot more methodical than I am. My one gripe is the moment of hope where I thought maybe this would be an Advance Wars game with Metal Slug flair, but judging from the Steam page additional info, FFT/XCOM style seems to be the route it's taking... which is still cool, love that type of game too, just we get a shitload of those and the one fake-Advance Wars game, Wargroove, sucks really bad.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

Marco + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Cowcaster posted:

Metactics Slogre.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For the steam versions of the following, which are the most agreeable to modern gaming standards

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2

My only final fantasy games ever played are FF6/7 on PC emulators in the mid 2000s (never beaten), beating FF13, trying to play 13-2, and beating Kingdom Hearts 1&2. I know most of the PC ones come with cheat menus to speed things up and make leveling faster but I don't really know how they've aged in general.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, this is a weird one. Apparently BBI is working on an RTS based on...Crossfire, which is basically a Korean Counterstrike clone. Sounds like there might be some gameplay this week.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/10/crossfire-legion-is-an-rts-take-on-shooter-franchise-from-homeworld-dev-blackbird/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man I hope we get some fuckin Payday 3 news this week

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

explosivo posted:

Man I hope we get some fuckin Payday 3 news this week
Didn't Payday 2 get ridiculous? Where is there left to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mordja posted:

Huh, this is a weird one. Apparently BBI is working on an RTS based on...Crossfire, which is basically a Korean Counterstrike clone. Sounds like there might be some gameplay this week.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/10/crossfire-legion-is-an-rts-take-on-shooter-franchise-from-homeworld-dev-blackbird/

And for a half a second I thought it was based on the old 90s game/toy Crossfire.

Crossfire!
You'll get caught up in the...