Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Dang looking her up she has kinda a great outfit in her concept art. She seems pretty awesome

Alice is basically Gender Swapped Rock Howard without the Geese stuff, so she's pretty awesome yeah

Would own if Terry took Alice and Rock under his wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Already got my KOF15 team picked out.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Incorporate the Falcoonverse you cowards!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
No joke, I really liked Alba's design.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
If the bring Duck King back they must also have his music and the lyrics must remain basically unintelligible.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Count me in as someone who doesnt want the majority of the new KOF14 characters back; Luong was one of the only ones I wanted back and I'm sure others felt the same. Team Brazil had some fun ideas but they weren't that great to play and Gang-il doesn't have a very interesting design or moveset.

No way, Verse aside most of the new blood is very interesting, and i hope they aren't afraid of using them again, particularly the weirdest ones like Xanadu, Sylvie and Kukri.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

No way, Verse aside most of the new blood is very interesting, and i hope they aren't afraid of using them again, particularly the weirdest ones like Xanadu, Sylvie and Kukri.

Xanadu and Kukri were two of my faves actually. Xanadu I would be willing to sacrifice if it means leaving loving Chang and Choi out, they are garbage

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

They should make BTS one character that randomly picks a different member every time but they all use Duck King's moveset

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Brought To You By posted:

I somehow completely missed the PS4 exclusive line and that makes sense but nobody really plays on PS4 at all.
https://twitter.com/SkullgirlsEU/status/1402674555261440007
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls_RU/status/1402775535831425024
They really should reconsider the choice in platform.

'Insulting' is so overdramatic. Just say "hey can we reconsider this?". Don't have to be all "WHY ARE YOU TREATING US LIKE GARBAGE!?!?"

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 10, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

'Insulting' is so overdramatic. Just say "hey can we reconsider this?". Don't have to be all "WHY ARE YOU TREATING US LIKE GARBAGE!?!?"

Russian skullgirls is coming for you now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

I assume they already went through the whole song and dance of asking politely for reconsideration, got the usual "sure, sure, we'll think about it" and are now just actually pissed off.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Where is Sylvie

:emptyquote:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

DLC Inc posted:

Xanadu and Kukri were two of my faves actually. Xanadu I would be willing to sacrifice if it means leaving loving Chang and Choi out, they are garbage

Kukri was one of my mains in 14, but he was kinda ruined by SNK Heroines, imo.

And I know that they have to exist, but does anyone actually ever main Chang and Choi?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The last member of the Women's Team is gonna be Ronnet Sakazaki via timey wimey, out here like "What car accident?" to everyone's horror. Complete with Akuma moveset and token defensive counters because Women Sakazaki Style. Maybe a slapping based Raging Demon (the completed version of Yuri's slap throw) if they're nasty. Especially since this is the game where everyone who hasn't progressed in decades as characters is probably getting shook. poo poo like that is what Verse was for. Let's get weird.

For some reason I expect SNK to add rollback to 98um, or announce it at E3, since XV got delayed.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 11, 2021

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Kukri was one of my mains in 14, but he was kinda ruined by SNK Heroines, imo.

And I know that they have to exist, but does anyone actually ever main Chang and Choi?

I've mained both at different times in the series. Chang was a hell of a lot of fun with his incarnations during the NESTS saga, and I liked Choi in '97 and '98. Their real problem is that SNK keeps shoving their moveset into the toilet for no reason- for every time Chang's been a fun character to play and fight he's been a useless trash pile twice and an unfun bastard with two good moves but gently caress those moves once, and Choi's track record might be even worse.

night slime
May 14, 2014
They seem to be restoring moves for everyone who needs it (except poor Ralf and his grab) so that's good. I don't know that 14 Choi needs to be much more annoying but Chang could use help.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chang should be replaced with Raiden/Big Bear anyway, who is the superior huge guy (presuming King of Dinosaurs is not reappearing)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

DLC Inc posted:

Chang should be replaced with Raiden/Big Bear anyway, who is the superior huge guy (presuming King of Dinosaurs is not reappearing)

They should make an official Big Boys team with those three. In fact, make more weird official teams since teams only ever matter for story purposes.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Liar Lyre posted:

They should make an official Big Boys team with those three. In fact, make more weird official teams since teams only ever matter for story purposes.

Bring back Axel Hawk to help round out team Big Dough

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Gimme a Krauser team with Laurence Blood and Nightmare Geese.

Normal Geese is still in.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hi thread another fight stick question:

does anyone have any experience with trying to silence a stick? i have a te2 that i would like to be quieter for predictable reasons. i see sanwa makes "silent" buttons and there are some other options i found googling but if yall have any first hand experience id love to hear it especially if you found it was worth it or if a "silent" stick is still p loud. its hard to tell on youtubes etc.

thanks in advance!!!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I bought foam washers for Sanwa buttons years ago and they work fine.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Artelier posted:

Not enough Mr. Big on this team for my tastes.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

KingShiro posted:

I bought foam washers for Sanwa buttons years ago and they work fine.

Seconding this. The foam washers change the way the buttons feel when you press them all the way down, but they're like $2 for 8 so they're worth trying out.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

hi thread another fight stick question:

does anyone have any experience with trying to silence a stick? i have a te2 that i would like to be quieter for predictable reasons. i see sanwa makes "silent" buttons and there are some other options i found googling but if yall have any first hand experience id love to hear it especially if you found it was worth it or if a "silent" stick is still p loud. its hard to tell on youtubes etc.

thanks in advance!!!

I've used silent sanwa buttons forever and they're great

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Artelier posted:

I would legit love a Fatal Fury villains team with Krauser, Laurence, and Geese.
But if you want to get even more obscure, put in Reiji from the GBA EX2 game lol

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

There's a 2nd version of sanwa silent buttons: OBSFE. They don't use foam, but a slightly softer plastic for the plunger so they make a much duller sound without the clack. Combine with foam washers and they'll be even more quiet, but have duller feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEqAdGtSgrU

Once you have quieter buttons you can get into sillier stuff like stuffing the inside of the case with closed-cell foam.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hey. Is there a goon fighting game discord?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Had a random thought but I wonder if SNK'll bring in the Lady versions of characters from KOF All Stars as DLC skins, or the fem-Terry from Heroines.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Archer666 posted:

Had a random thought but I wonder if SNK'll bring in the Lady versions of characters from KOF All Stars as DLC skins, or the fem-Terry from Heroines.

Probably not for Chang if he gets in :v:

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

cheeseboy58 posted:

Hey. Is there a goon fighting game discord?

read the op

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably not for Chang if he gets in :v:

Just give her stilts to match the regular Chang hitbox

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Archer666 posted:

hm, yes

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Archer666 posted:

:hmmyes:

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/novriltataki/status/1403321704630325251

Strive doing big numbers so far. The servers are pretty much melting too but here's hoping other devs see that and assume the new netcode is responsible.

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Mysticblade posted:

https://twitter.com/novriltataki/status/1403321704630325251

Strive doing big numbers so far. The servers are pretty much melting too but here's hoping other devs see that and assume the new netcode is responsible.

monkey's paw curls "New netcode is melting their servers"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
strives at 29k now, surpassing mk11 to make it the most popular non-dbfz game on steam in terms of peak concurrent users.

needs another 15k to beat dbfz.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

strives at 29k now, surpassing mk11 to make it the most popular non-dbfz game on steam in terms of peak concurrent users.

needs another 15k to beat dbfz.

Pretty impressive numbers for still being during work for most ppl in America

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

In Training posted:

Pretty impressive numbers for still being during work for most ppl in America

yeah it will probably hit its all-time peak in a few hours or tomorrow night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Finally replaced the PCB on my fightstick just in time for strive. Netcode is pretty good, hopefully the PC population will stabilize a little over the t7 numbers. I just want a healthy populated good netcode 2d fighter. Fighterz was good, but I don't like team fighters that much.