Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kazinsal posted:

Same. I want to see the C4 coming, at 60 mph, stuck to the hood of a jeep blasting out the beat of Darude - Sandstorm on its horn

Absolutely! I have no issue with C4 jeeps I think that poo poo is fun as hell because if I get got well I was out doing stuff and then I can just spawn back in and not have to queue up again to parachute in or whatever. At least Plunder modes are less bad for respawn but it's not the fun "dad mode" it used to be.

Blue Raider posted:

Verdansk is in the toilet. Every game mode on that map is awful. There’s still fun to be had in resurgence on Alcatraz island, but it’s still extremely sweaty. You just don’t get as much shitlording like hiding in bathrooms because there aren’t as many opportunities to do that poo poo.

That’s why I’m pumped for a new BF (and Halo), Warzone is very stale.

Yeah it seems hilarious to me that Raven or whoever thought "Verdansk - but muddier!" would be a good sell for another full year of warzone. That poo poo is played out!

I was always a Battlefield person over CoD and am super excited about this one after the crushing disappointment that was BFV (heck I didn't even care for BF1 that much although it was an actual game unlike V)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

priznat posted:

Absolutely! I have no issue with C4 jeeps I think that poo poo is fun as hell because if I get got well I was out doing stuff and then I can just spawn back in and not have to queue up again to parachute in or whatever. At least Plunder modes are less bad for respawn but it's not the fun "dad mode" it used to be.

It's really the most satisfying way to get kills in Battlefield. All the setup and effort and attempts that failed due to getting shot through the windshield pay off when you successfully survive Abu Hajaaring a tank.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
One of the reasons I fell in love with operations in Battlefield and the breakthrough/rush modes in particular is that it would allow me some leisure from time to time. Sometimes I just wanna chill in the back, spot things for my team, and listen to idiots rambling on YouTube in the background.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

It's really the most satisfying way to get kills in Battlefield. All the setup and effort and attempts that failed due to getting shot through the windshield pay off when you successfully survive Abu Hajaaring a tank.

My favorite thing to do in BF3 was to kill chopper campers on my own team by rushing them in a jeep and bailing out. You couldn’t TK in that game in any way, even by roadkill, but an unmanned vehicle didn’t count. I used to pancake those clowns daily.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Just wait till EA puts some content unlocks in BFV for 2042 and we all begrudgingly boot it up again

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Just wait till EA puts some content unlocks in BFV for 2042 and we all begrudgingly boot it up again

I will not

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I was a little disappointed about the lack of sticky dynamite in BF1 but horses gave you a pair of self-refilling grenades no matter what class you were when you hopped on one, and your could still toss explosives from the sidecar in a motorcycle.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

The United States posted:

I think you mean whole squads of

Well I did get out before Roze's Rook skin dropped so I kinda count myself lucky there.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

jisforjosh posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Nope.

Like you'd have to legitimately pay me an actual wage to get me to play BFV again.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Alkydere posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Nope.

Like you'd have to legitimately pay me an actual wage to get me to play BFV again.

Indecent proposal 2

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I really do miss the gustav and hot boxing your own awful snipers in bc2

I think I had like 400 more Gustav kills than my next gun

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

kri kri posted:

I really do miss the gustav and hot boxing your own awful snipers in bc2

I think I had like 400 more Gustav kills than my next gun

Thankfully it's back

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
do people still play bf4?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Foehammer007 posted:

do people still play bf4?
It's free* on PC from Amazon Prime so if they didn't before they do now
* unless you don't have amazon prime

the steam charts 24h peak suggests it already has more players in the last day than it had for years

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

Thankfully it's back

King Carl was pretty solid for infantry fighting, but once I got good at aiming I could never part from the AT4.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Rev posted:

King Carl was pretty solid for infantry fighting, but once I got good at aiming I could never part from the AT4.

I respected the AT4 but it still wasn’t as satisfying as nailing a Carl shot on a moving helo.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

BC2 870MCS with slugs. Once one-tapped a sniper in that watchtower very back of Arica Harbor's first MCOM set from attacker spawn with nothing but iron sights. :clint:

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

SpartanIvy posted:

Remember in 2142 where they had billboards in-game that could show real ads but you could get it to show whatever you wanted by redirecting the IP it used to your local address? They should do that again.

no.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

It's free* on PC from Amazon Prime so if they didn't before they do now
* unless you don't have amazon prime

the steam charts 24h peak suggests it already has more players in the last day than it had for years

Time to reinstall :getin:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Same. I want to see the C4 coming, at 60 mph, stuck to the hood of a jeep blasting out the beat of Darude - Sandstorm on its horn

Horn customization is the only customization I want. If you've done races in GTA V, the cacophony of everyone honking at the start is fantastic.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

BC2 870MCS with slugs. Once one-tapped a sniper in that watchtower very back of Arica Harbor's first MCOM set from attacker spawn with nothing but iron sights. :clint:

Isla Innocentes with slugs, poppin blackhawk helicopter pilots with headshots.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I want in vehicle music like vietnam had, call of duty has it a bit and it rules driving over people in a dune buggy while “you spin me round” is blastin.

Honestly it is dlc I would happily pay for tracks.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

licensed music deals ruin videogames.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BF4 is free with prime on origin, but it's $10 on steam with all the expacs so that's the way to go.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Same except the guy was on wookie mountain.

Then I did it to an attacker in their spawn from wookie mountain in some other game lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

priznat posted:

I want in vehicle music like vietnam had, call of duty has it a bit and it rules driving over people in a dune buggy while “you spin me round” is blastin.

Honestly it is dlc I would happily pay for tracks.

I still remember panic firing rockets in the direction of "nowhere to run"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

moot the hopple posted:

Will this finally be the greatest moment in PC gaming history????
lol

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Post your favorite Battlefield Moment (TM)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Philman posted:

licensed music deals ruin videogames.
don't you know about The Bird?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'll never forgive them for the day the removed tnt jeep tossing from 1942

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

As someone who has missed everything since BF3, is it worth getting the BF (4/One/5) bundle on steam or just grab BF4 and call it a day?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Just grab 4. Nobody plays 1 anymore and V isn’t worth playing.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Is that Total Retardation?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

BigglesSWE posted:

One of the reasons I fell in love with operations in Battlefield and the breakthrough/rush modes in particular is that it would allow me some leisure from time to time. Sometimes I just wanna chill in the back, spot things for my team, and listen to idiots rambling on YouTube in the background.

I feel exactly the same, I was having the most fun in battlefield using tools to spot things for my team.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Tornhelm posted:

As someone who has missed everything since BF3, is it worth getting the BF (4/One/5) bundle on steam or just grab BF4 and call it a day?

bf4 is free if you have amazon prime so definitely do not buy it on steam
unless you don't have amazon prime (does that have a free trial?)

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Prime is just the base game, Steam has it with the expansions for :10bux:. Mainly I just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra for One/5 or to give them a skip.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Tornhelm posted:

Prime is just the base game, Steam has it with the expansions for :10bux:. Mainly I just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra for One/5 or to give them a skip.
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-4/expansion/battlefield-4-premium
$8 on origin as dlc
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/battlefield-4-premium-edition-pc/
$7.04 on GMG as standalone

I'd just buy it as dlc if you end up liking it enough

5 was bad and I never played 1 so I can't speak on that bit

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

On a BF2 server with friendly fire damage on: I hopped on top of an enemy Abrams' turret to escape an attack helicopter. Both were very confused and it took way longer than it should have for someone to hop out and shoot me.

In BF4 I got someone spouting chud conspiracy stuff banned by saying "You seem upset" and "Actually the government is good" until he threatened to find me IRL.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I miss Karkand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Node posted:

Is that Total Retardation?

In the original 1942, before a certain patch, you could do that with just TNT on a friendly tank/jeep. You could just throw TNT on the back and detonate it and if FF was off it would fling the jeep/tank. We'd regularly throw them from one uncap to the other on El Alamein