Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I really just hope there is an actual anti-cheat in place this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

ded posted:

just make bf 1942 on a modern engine. its all anyone wants from bf.

That well has been thoroughly poisoned friend

Orv
May 4, 2011
A remake of 1942 would see a return of the worst BF map, Wake Island and thus I must decline.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Orv posted:

A remake of 1942 would see a return of the worst BF map, Wake Island and thus I must decline.

Like we aren't getting Wake Island, a slightly flooded Metro, and Locker without snow

Orv
May 4, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

Like we aren't getting Wake Island, a slightly flooded Metro, and Locker without snow

Shhh, don't put that evil in the world.

Maybe Wake Island is completely underwater by 2042 and we'll be spared.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Lmao what

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1403276704643158025?s=20

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

huh

e: so I guess this is the rumour they're referring to
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield6/comments/meoke9/insider_leak/

the way they talk about having BF1942 stuff mixed in with BF3 stuff makes it seem like they're porting everything they ever made into the new engine which seems unlikely?

more likely you'll just have access to the frostbite era stuff with maybe some rules for 1942 mode with no sprinting or whatever

idk it all looks fake to me

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 11, 2021

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3xNP--nzE

Orv
May 4, 2011
The phrasing of that seems super weird, like in what context would it "contain classic maps, weapons, vehicles and more"?

Best thing I can think of is like, remade/remastered best of hits kind of thing. "Here's 1942 Wake Island in the 2042 engine with 1942 weapons, vehicles and classes. Next round up is Dragon Valley with BF2 mechanics and after that is Arica Harbor."

Actually that'd be loving incredible so it's probably not that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seems beyond their ability to maintain properly tbh

Orv
May 4, 2011
Depends on how deep they go, I suppose but I'm almost certainly wrong either way so.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Ah yes, lemme dolphin dive for headshots and sky god in a jet in glorious 4K.

Orv posted:

Shhh, don't put that evil in the world.

Maybe Wake Island is completely underwater by 2042 and we'll be spared.

We know for sure that Wake Island is around and kicking 100 years from now in 2142.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
When I was in the Battlefield 1942 modding scene I knew a very talented coder who, for his own fun, combined every mod he found into one Megamod. He showed me pictures of it and it had crazy poo poo like Star Wars Tie Fighters fighting Tiger Tanks with spider legs instead of tracks while an M1 Abrams ran over a medieval knight on horseback and a Pirate Galley laid down anti-aircraft fire.

DICE needs to find that guy and just publish that mod.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bob Wins posted:

We know for sure that Wake Island is around and kicking 100 years from now in 2142.

Ah poo poo that's right, I forgot about that. Well gently caress me.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fallom posted:

Seems beyond their ability to maintain properly tbh

Maybe they enslaved DICE LA to do it

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
But yeah Battlefield 1 was great. I basically played Operations and nothing else for the games whole life. That whistle blow and like 100 dudes screaming every time a match started or a sector got won was freaking great. It was rare and definitely off meta but getting some friends coordinating in a landship mark IV could dominate a server.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
We at least know the redacted game mode can't be Titan from 2142 because BF2042 is set 20 years in the future and I just can't see the technology of a floating space ship being possible that early. That would be too unrealistic for DICE, who have consistently maintained realism in the Battlefield series.

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Bob Wins posted:

But yeah Battlefield 1 was great. I basically played Operations and nothing else for the games whole life. That whistle blow and like 100 dudes screaming every time a match started or a sector got won was freaking great. It was rare and definitely off meta but getting some friends coordinating in a landship mark IV could dominate a server.

Yeah BF1 is probably tied with BC2 for my favourite. The fact that you can blow a whistle as squad leader in BF1 puts it in the lead. Let's hope they add future whistles to 2042

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

If I get to have a robo gun dog that I can control like the EOD bot I will play this game forever.

I loved the EOD bot. Welding enemy camping snipers buttholes to death never got old.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

When I was in the Battlefield 1942 modding scene I knew a very talented coder who, for his own fun, combined every mod he found into one Megamod. He showed me pictures of it and it had crazy poo poo like Star Wars Tie Fighters fighting Tiger Tanks with spider legs instead of tracks while an M1 Abrams ran over a medieval knight on horseback and a Pirate Galley laid down anti-aircraft fire.

I miss the mod scene from 1942

Pirates, Mad Max, TURBOMOD

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Also, with 128 players they're probably going to have to be really careful with things like grenades and mortars. Maybe expand the capture radius on some points and stuff? Cause in BF1 and 3 I remember some points just being relentlessly shelled and that was with a much lower player count.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bob Wins posted:

Also, with 128 players they're probably going to have to be really careful with things like grenades and mortars. Maybe expand the capture radius on some points and stuff? Cause in BF1 and 3 I remember some points just being relentlessly shelled and that was with a much lower player count.

What they've been saying is that conquest points are now multiple flags over an area, which will presumably work with majority giving you control but we'll see.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

Yeah, well, my uncle works at ninTENDo

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
BC2 revives would pull you out of whatever menu you were in, back into the game.

So if someone on your team was a medic, but in voice chat with a squad from the other team, they could theoretically keep you from quitting the game by just killing and reviving you over and over and over.

This is how we tried to show useless snipers the error of their ways. So much glorious hatemail.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I gotta say the only thing that irks me about the Modern setting is the whole "shooting an unsilenced gun makes you show up on the mini map" thing. I loved that BF 1 got rid of the whole firing makes you show up on the mini map thing, not sure if BF V did it or not because I skipped it, and I'd hate to go back to that.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Stroke at Klimate Kirkland

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Bob Wins posted:

I gotta say the only thing that irks me about the Modern setting is the whole "shooting an unsilenced gun makes you show up on the mini map" thing. I loved that BF 1 got rid of the whole firing makes you show up on the mini map thing, not sure if BF V did it or not because I skipped it, and I'd hate to go back to that.

I think the only way you showed up on minimap was flares/spotting scope

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I'd like to see GOLDrush make a return with maps that are actually made for the mode and not pared down conquest maps, but this will never happen. That mode's attack/defend dynamic is some of the best battlefield, but it gets next to zero love from dice.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

BC2 revives would pull you out of whatever menu you were in, back into the game.

So if someone on your team was a medic, but in voice chat with a squad from the other team, they could theoretically keep you from quitting the game by just killing and reviving you over and over and over.

This is how we tried to show useless snipers the error of their ways. So much glorious hatemail.

lmao outstanding

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I mean the teaser graph on the site makes pretty clear that it's something like that with the phrase "Enter the wide universe of Battlefield."

jisforjosh posted:

Maybe they enslaved DICE LA to do it

They already said that's the mode Dice LA is in charge of

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 11, 2021

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

This is what happens when people never encounter the old “alt+f4 makes your gun fire faster” troll

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

BF2142 Titan Mode made by Ex-Titanfall devs

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

BF2142 Titan Mode made by Ex-Titanfall devs

“Prepare for titanfall.”

“Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-“ *explodes*

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
titanfall so good, I heard its pretty riddled with hackers now though

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Battlefield: MCC for life.

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
I'd love it if they included and expanded on the stuff from the Final Stand DLC in BF4. Gimme hover tanks and rail guns you cowards!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Did that DLC ever say what year it was supposed to be?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Blue Raider posted:

I'd like to see GOLDrush make a return with maps that are actually made for the mode and not pared down conquest maps, but this will never happen. That mode's attack/defend dynamic is some of the best battlefield, but it gets next to zero love from dice.
No Rush but the back and forth Breakthrough mode is back, using linear slices of the maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eYpriKxVU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I really like Breakthrough.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The United States posted:

No Rush but the back and forth Breakthrough mode is back, using linear slices of the maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5eYpriKxVU

I loving love breakthrough so this is very exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah 1 has a good player base still. Not on all game modes though.

Yes I’m the only one in the universe who wants to play Air Superiority in BF1.

There has been an active air superiority mode recently and BF1 pilots training/practicing together to teach others which is neat

I don't know if it's still up though