Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think if I had Hollywood money I would just be honest about what surgery/hair plugs/dental work I had. Chris Evans admitted he was balding and that's part of the reason he wanted to stop playing Captain America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
If I was a famous actor, I would absolutely lie about getting hairplugs, because I imagine it’s really fun to lie to the public about harmless poo poo that’s none of their business.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
[barely forming words through a pair of grotesquely bloated lips] i started eating goji berries.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

porfiria posted:

It's all a hustle, if that makes you feel better.

For that guy it is, yeah. The reason he does it is the thousands of dipshits for whom it’s not.

So yes and no.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Has anyone lied about getting hair plugs...on weed?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The sound editor on the short I'm working as boom operator/location sound mixer on says my sound is "fine and healthy" which is a huge relief because for the last few days I've had massive imposter syndrome and been worried I'm doing something wrong and the sound is all poo poo. Despite this being far from my first rodeo.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 12, 2021

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
An Iceland rodeo? I’d buy that for a dollar.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any Icelandic rodeo would end with us eating the horses like the inbred heathen savages we are.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

DrVenkman posted:

I like that Piven still claims he didn't get hair plugs despite several roles where nearly his whole head is on show.

And when he dropped out of that David Mamet pay with mercury poisoning. Prompting Mamet to comment that Piven was seeking a new career as a thermometer.

It's pretty obvious he got plugs. But why be such a baby about it. Just own it, he's a grown rear end man. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bald or at least partially bald in a few years and if I could afford poo poo like that I'd at least look into it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Joel McHale's another guy who got obvious plugs, not sure how upfront he is about it though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

If I was a famous actor, I would absolutely lie about getting hairplugs, because I imagine it’s really fun to lie to the public about harmless poo poo that’s none of their business.

100% this. Let the weirdos obsessed with poo poo like this fret over it

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

I think if I had Hollywood money I would just be honest about what surgery/hair plugs/dental work I had. Chris Evans admitted he was balding and that's part of the reason he wanted to stop playing Captain America.

I didn't read that but I thought he always wore a wig for that role anyway. He's not even blonde.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Who wants a cheap laugh?

Watch this until the first name drop at 13 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWS-Ncglt-Y

:D

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

ynohtna posted:

Who wants a cheap laugh?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

ynohtna posted:

Who wants a cheap laugh?

Name rules, and so does the whole intro sequence. Kind of my favorite aesthetic.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Name rules, and so does the whole intro sequence. Kind of my favorite aesthetic.

My comrade! :hfive:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

The earlier episodes, which are hosted by Roald Dahl and based off of his stories, are really good.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

ynohtna posted:

My comrade! :hfive:

It’s like clearly trying to ape the James Bond type of intro but it’s somehow way more charming.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The earlier episodes, which are hosted by Roald Dahl and based off of his stories, are really good.

“Hello, I’m Roald Dahl. In this episode of Tales of the Unexpected, a Jew tips a waitress.”

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly but wasn't Dahl kind of an rear end in a top hat?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
if you read his interviews he's both wildly racist and anti-Semitic, and justifiably critical of Israel but in a way that seamlessly blurs into regular old anti-Semitism so that even when he says something completely true like "Ariel Sharon is cut from the same cloth as Hitler" it inevitably looks suspect

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Oompaloompas were African pygmies in the earliest versions of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book. Complete with racial caricature illustrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Oompaloompas were African pygmies in the earliest versions of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book. Complete with racial caricature illustrations.

Aren't they explicitly described as being Wonka's slaves too?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I didn't read the book but that makes sense given the role the Oompaloompas play in the film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I haven't read it since I was at elementary school 15+ years ago but I vaguely remember something about them being payed exclusively in cocoa beans.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I felt like I vaguely remembered some racism in Charlie and The Great Glass Elevator and a quick Google search reminded me that they try to contact a Chinese embassy and get a takeout place instead, every time you Wing you get a Wong number, etc etc

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So we watched Infinite and it’s kind of a mess but the opening chase sequence was really cool. We spent time making fun of Marky Mark and what was going on. It takes from so many movies

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
How was the remake of watership down? Is it worth checking out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1403872503001399297?s=19

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So I guess Macon Blair is writing and directing a remake of The Toxic Avenger.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I always find it interesting to be able to identify the moment you get totally sick of a meme you once enjoyed, just due to pure oversaturation. Au revoir, Anakin and Padme in a Field.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPL593H posted:

So I guess Macon Blair is writing and directing a remake of The Toxic Avenger.

Nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

feedmyleg posted:

I always find it interesting to be able to identify the moment you get totally sick of a meme you once enjoyed, just due to pure oversaturation. Au revoir, Anakin and Padme in a Field.

Up until the end there I wasn't sure if the meme you were tired of was the image format or the Belvedere fact.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Literally the only thing I know about Mister Belvedere is that he sat on his balls once.

I have no idea if he is a character or the actor or if the show bearing his name is a sitcom or drama or a game show or a western or a police procedural.

Frankly all I want to know and all I need to know is that he sat on his gonads once (1) or possibly more often.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FreudianSlippers posted:

Literally the only thing I know about Mister Belvedere is that he sat on his balls once.

I have no idea if he is a character or the actor or if the show bearing his name is a sitcom or drama or a game show or a western or a police procedural.

Frankly all I want to know and all I need to know is that he sat on his gonads once (1) or possibly more often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZrycBSiyk

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s a sitcom about a butler

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Prequel memes will never stop being funny to me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Cameo posted:

It’s a sitcom about a butler

How prominent was his scrotum in the series?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

How prominent was his scrotum in the series?

Well, he did take the daughter of the family to homecoming, so...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched 1917. It's the story of two dudes going for a walk in the absolute least picturesque scenery in human history. Would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1917 owns. Top tier theatre experience