Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Like, weird that it's not a ps4/ps5 combined list, but two separate ones.

Every single cross-gen title with an upgrade is the exact same way. Trophies are tied to the original SKU, not the title itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

History Comes Inside! posted:

Every single cross-gen title with an upgrade is the exact same way. Trophies are tied to the original SKU, not the title itself.

Sony used to be able to handle it though. There were loads of shared Vita/PS3 trophy lists.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It was quite funny moving my save across and having trophy after trophy trigger one after the other.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I finished the DLC yesterday and was actually surprised I felt something when the thing we knew was going to happen happened. They did a good job with the story and it's a nice addition to Yuffie's character. The combat was fantastic. I hope they make everyone else more OP instead of toning down Yuffie for the next game.

Has anyone beaten the main game addition yet? That fight seems hard af and I never got around to maxing all my materia and beating the secret boss in the first release. So I don't think this is happening for me unless I put in some grinding time.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I’m really confused and need help. I have a disk copy of ff7remake that I played on my PS4 pro. I just got my ps5 and I’ve installed the data disk and play disk, transferred my save from cloud store, purchased the inter grade free upgrade on psn. I can load up my disk ff7 but when I go to additional episode in the menu it’s asking for a voucher code? Is that not part of the free upgrade? Also how do I know I’m running the ps5 version with all the graphical upgrades?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Yuffie DLC is a paid extra, I'm afraid. You'll know if you're playing the PS5 version immediately, because it will go from Load Game to playing in less than two seconds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Easier way than that, on the Home Screen next to the game title it'll say PS4 if it's the PS4 version and nothing if it's PS5. If you still have both installed you can hit the options button (or, sigh, three horizontal lines button) and choose version to switch between them. Make sure you delete the PS4 one unless you want it taking up 80GB for no reason.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Thanks got it. If I am on a 1080p set is there any reason to not run in performance mode?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SnatchRabbit posted:

Thanks got it. If I am on a 1080p set is there any reason to not run in performance mode?

Nah

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

SnatchRabbit posted:

It's cinematic, the eye can't see more than 30fps anyway, high framerate causes motion sickness, causes hardware to overheat, is not console-pure, 60fps looks fake, twice the frames means things move twice as fast so you're actually halving the gameplay, the original game was 15fps which is evidence that the lower the framerate the better the game is, 60fps strays further from the light and hollows your soul

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I have mellowed on this game in a lot of ways but Tifa's delivery of "Barret!" after he is clearly impaled and super dead is pretty pathetic. She sounds more like he tripped and she's mildly concerned he scraped his knee.

But I guess I'm at the end with Chip's LP. Maybe two more vids at most? With the new stuff out, haring a lot more about how (spoilers I guess) Zack is alive in this version. The Whispers are really loving up.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 13, 2021

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

real gamers play at 66.6 frames per second

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Ybrik posted:

Also the moogle hoodie is super dope and should be in all the sequels

Moogle hoodie should be available for purchase IRL

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sure everyone has already noticed it but I just beat the DLC and the Zack scene at the end confused the poo poo out of me because he still had the Buster Sword! What the hell is going on!? :psyduck:

Anyway, game rules.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We’ll find out what it all means in 6 years when FFVII R2 is a PS6 launch title.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do you beat Chadley at Ford Condor, he somehow constantly has five time as many units as me?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arist posted:

I'm sure everyone has already noticed it but I just beat the DLC and the Zack scene at the end confused the poo poo out of me because he still had the Buster Sword! What the hell is going on!? :psyduck:

Anyway, game rules.

because he didn't lose it, op

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

How do you beat Chadley at Ford Condor, he somehow constantly has five time as many units as me?

he's putting down barracks. they spit out units while their HP gradually goes down

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I use my own barracks and they don't shoot out enemies as fast and as many as he does also enemies that don't come from barracks like tons of the flying guys? At least not the ones I have.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I use my own barracks and they don't shoot out enemies as fast and as many as he does also enemies that don't come from barracks like tons of the flying guys? At least not the ones I have.

he has a green one that spits out flying guys

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

grieving for Gandalf posted:

because he didn't lose it, op

I mean, yeah, but the issue is that if Zack is in the same timeline as Cloud et al, there are suddenly two buster swords.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If there being 2 buster swords is the weirdest thing that comes from killing the ghosts then I'll be really surprised.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

I mean, yeah, but the issue is that if Zack is in the same timeline as Cloud et al, there are suddenly two buster swords.

Yes, if

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's cinematic, the eye can't see more than 30fps anyway, high framerate causes motion sickness, causes hardware to overheat, is not console-pure, 60fps looks fake, twice the frames means things move twice as fast so you're actually halving the gameplay, the original game was 15fps which is evidence that the lower the framerate the better the game is, 60fps strays further from the light and hollows your soul

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

wish we could've got this as a bugfuck conspiracy theory in addition to 5G being the reason everyone got COVID and your son does tiktok dances as a femme catboy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

doesn't seem like that big an issue, seems like the kind of thing one of the surviving Avalanche members can ask him about. "hey, isn't that bigass sword the one Cloud carries around?" "Cloud?"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sakurazuka posted:

Basically the key is to ignore his units to the best of your ability. Don't try to counter them or wait for strong stuff - make like one factory on one side (presumably of a type that isn't going to be wrecked by his first unit) then on the other side make shock troopers. Then once they advance a little bit, make attack dogs near the center - they'll ignore everything and go for the main base. Once they reach it, just start spamming 2-cost units right next to the enemy base, using spells both to damage it and keep defenders away. It might take a try or two (sometimes the dogs will just go to a side outpost or something) but the enemy will have a hard time defending as their units will be going to attack your outposts.

An annoying battle.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also the reason chadley has more units than you is the Grandmaster board is specifically tuned to let you pump out cheap units and spawners as fast as humanly possible at the cost of closing off all the high-end unit production

You can buy it after you beat him for whatever reason

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Oh if you're doing it on regular difficulty just use assassin board iii and pump out units. Should be able to.dagr his stuff more than he does to you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I enjoyed the DLC, I hope they make more of these after part 2 releases. They're a great way of further fleshing out the world

Sonon wins my award for most dull final fantasy character of 2021 tho

Yuffie's characterization was spot on and she was really fun in combat. Everyone else feels very slow when you go back to the main game, apart from top girl Tifa

I reeeally disliked the inclusion of deep ground. Nero is so awful and not even in a fun way. Everything about him reminds of the dark days of the early 00s when Nomura was drunk with power from wearing 200 belts

7/10

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Well the good thing is, Square seems to be making sacrificial final fantasy spinoffs to suck all the lovely Nomurageneric stuff away from their prized VII line

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Well the good thing is, Square seems to be making sacrificial final fantasy spinoffs to suck all the lovely Nomurageneric stuff away from their prized VII line

I mean, it's already too late given that Ultimate Edgelord and Un-ironic "nothing personnel" Meme Guy are already in FF7R with this DLC. I guess it remains to be seen if they show up at all in part two but I appreciate that Yuffie's reaction to encountering them is "what the gently caress is wrong with this company?"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Yeah Nero sucks and the fact that he's brought up in the last, what, twenty minutes of the dlc makes him even worse.

I do like that Yuffie clearly recognizes Sonon's sister complex, finds it weird, and explicitly wants nothing to do with it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Thundarr posted:

I mean, it's already too late given that Ultimate Edgelord and Un-ironic "nothing personnel" Meme Guy are already in FF7R with this DLC. I guess it remains to be seen if they show up at all in part two but I appreciate that Yuffie's reaction to encountering them is "what the gently caress is wrong with this company?"

I bet Vincent takes care of them in his own DLC.

FFVII Remake was just a cover to remake Dirge of Cerberus.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

At least we already beat up the three weirdos from Advent Children in chapter 18 and they will never show up again. Ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thundarr posted:

At least we already beat up the three weirdos from Advent Children in chapter 18 and they will never show up again. Ever.

Lol you fool. You absolute delusional fool.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Having never played Dirge of Cerberus I’m unironically hype for the Vincent DLC.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I had no goddamn idea that Nero and Weiss were in both Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core what the hell. Im sure the five people that remembered them were surprised to see them in the dlc.

Edit: I've beaten both of them so I guess that tells you how memorable they were.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I really need to sit down and play the DLC. I dunno what I'm waiting for. I have a PS5 and I've been continuing my Hard mode save instead of loading it up

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It was quite funny moving my save across and having trophy after trophy trigger one after the other.

And the game actually remembered my progress on trophies! I got the 9 dresses trophy right after loading up that save and was surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Morpheus posted:

I had no goddamn idea that Nero and Weiss were in both Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core what the hell. Im sure the five people that remembered them were surprised to see them in the dlc.

Edit: I've beaten both of them so I guess that tells you how memorable they were.

I don't remember them from Crisis Core at least?